Author Topic: Something big will happen I predict fireworks  (Read 4363 times)

Something big will happen I predict fireworks
« on: June 17, 2019, 10:38:28 PM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
Yes The brow isn’t coming to Boston and I couldn’t be happier. Will Irving leave who knows. If he does do you think Danny will just sit by and watch him leave without trying to do something big?Hell no these guys eat sleep breathe basketball. He could have some stuff already lined for draft night. We don’t know anything. Every fan thinks they could run this team better and loves to live in fantasty land. People don’t get how hard of a job it is. This draft is huge for Ainge and must hit it out of the park with these three picks.All in all you can judge a off season before it has already started. Sit back next few weeks will be fun whatever direction this team goes in. Ainge has something planned just takes time for it to come together.

Re: Something big will happen I predict fireworks
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 10:44:16 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I can get on board with this. I mean, nothing as big as an AD trade and I don't predict we will make 3 picks on draft night, but Danny is probably dying to do something. He kept the team together to appease Kyrie; it stinks to lose him for nothing, but now Danny can be himself again by making some dynamic moves.

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 10:46:36 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
lol yall have fallen for the okie dokes. We have been promised fireworks for years ... not holding my breath.

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 10:50:57 PM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
He gave you Horford 3 years ago and Gordon 2 summers ago. To go along with Kyrie that summer. been pretty big years. Sit back and watch him work.

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2019, 10:54:00 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I suspect this offseason the biggest "fireworks" will be our best player leaving in free agency.

after that, I suspect an MLE signing that will please 50% of the site and enrage the other 50%.  throw in a  trade of Yabu and a first for a vet.

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 10:56:21 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
lol yall have fallen for the okie dokes. We have been promised fireworks for years ... not holding my breath.

But so far no one from the C's have offered Fireworks, so.....:P

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2019, 11:04:26 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Yes The brow isn’t coming to Boston and I couldn’t be happier. Will Irving leave who knows. If he does do you think Danny will just sit by and watch him leave without trying to do something big?Hell no these guys eat sleep breathe basketball. He could have some stuff already lined for draft night. We don’t know anything. Every fan thinks they could run this team better and loves to live in fantasty land. People don’t get how hard of a job it is. This draft is huge for Ainge and must hit it out of the park with these three picks.All in all you can judge a off season before it has already started. Sit back next few weeks will be fun whatever direction this team goes in. Ainge has something planned just takes time for it to come together.

We just saw Danny's 5+-year master plan not come to fruition. I'm thinking that Plan B (whatever it is) isn't gonna come together anytime soon.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2019, 11:09:29 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

We just saw Danny's 5+-year master plan not come to fruition. I'm thinking that Plan B (whatever it is) isn't gonna come together anytime soon.

yeah I think we are on plan d and making it up on the fly at this point.  I really doubt we are going to see anything big other than Kyrie signing somewhere else.
DA / BS will run it back with Smart / Brown / Tatum / Hayward / Horford, because there really aren't any better options.

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2019, 11:10:50 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Celtics lost this offseason already. There won’t be any fireworks other than Kyrie going else where. The Celtics biggest need is length next to Horford and no one who is “fireworks”’worthy is available after AD. We are kind of stuck right now to be honest. If we aren’t filling that hole next to Horford we won’t look any better this coming season.

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2019, 11:22:37 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Fireworks:

Irving leaves for Brooklyn Nets.
Terry Rozier signs a new contract for the Celtics.
Yabusele gets dumped for more picks.
Players get drafted with the picks.
All the other team will snag guys like Beal, Capela, Rubio and we're left in the dust.

There's your fireworks this summer.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2019, 11:24:38 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I'm actually perfectly fine if the Celtics make it to the Eastern Conference Finals and get swept, than losing early in the postseason.

It means we are the Boston Hawks but slightly better but nowhere close to title contention. Mediocrity for days.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2019, 11:55:42 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324

yeah I think we are on plan d and making it up on the fly at this point.  I really doubt we are going to see anything big other than Kyrie signing somewhere else.
DA / BS will run it back with Smart / Brown / Tatum / Hayward / Horford, because there really aren't any better options.

I agree. I'd just as soon see the Celtics move on from Horford at this point, though, since he's really not part of "the future" now that the Cs missed on Davis and will probably lose Kyrie.

Celtics lost this offseason already. There won’t be any fireworks other than Kyrie going else where. The Celtics biggest need is length next to Horford and no one who is “fireworks”’worthy is available after AD. We are kind of stuck right now to be honest. If we aren’t filling that hole next to Horford we won’t look any better this coming season.

I agree, 100%. Celts will continue to get burned by teams with length and dominant bigs.

I'm actually perfectly fine if the Celtics make it to the Eastern Conference Finals and get swept, than losing early in the postseason.

It means we are the Boston Hawks but slightly better but nowhere close to title contention. Mediocrity for days.

I really don't think they'll even get close to the conference finals this season. That partly depends on whether Kawhi stays in Toronto, but even if he leaves, that's still a better team than Boston, and I think Philly, Indy, and even Brooklyn could be better.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2019, 12:20:59 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

Danny has no "master plan." He adapts every year and makes moves that he thinks are best.

The whole idea that every move for the last half decade was leading up to the Davis pursuit, and that now that it's failed we are floundering, is utter nonsense. By most accounts Danny did what he always does--he offered a fairly low-ball offer and then walked away. We still have talent and assets that almost any team in the league would envy.

That strategy has gotten us to the ECF or semifinals three years in a row, which only GSW can say by comparison. I suspect that Danny is now thinking about 5 different ways to improve the team that none of us in the peanut gallery have even contemplated for two seconds.

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2019, 12:30:24 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2019, 12:34:15 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Danny has no "master plan." He adapts every year and makes moves that he thinks are best.

The whole idea that every move for the last half decade was leading up to the Davis pursuit, and that now that it's failed we are floundering, is utter nonsense. By most accounts Danny did what he always does--he offered a fairly low-ball offer and then walked away. We still have talent and assets that almost any team in the league would envy.

That strategy has gotten us to the ECF or semifinals three years in a row, which only GSW can say by comparison. I suspect that Danny is now thinking about 5 different ways to improve the team that none of us in the peanut gallery have even contemplated for two seconds.

gotta be a great adapter as an NBA GM, DA is def one of those.  tp!