3 (5.7%)
Portland
0 (0%)
Houston
7 (13.2%)
Other
6 (11.3%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Jimmy Butler (Merged Threads)  (Read 49045 times)

Re: Jimmy Butler has requested a trade
« Reply #135 on: September 22, 2018, 12:45:48 PM »

Online rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
All-Star Jimmy Butler has been granted permission to not participate in Minnesota Timberwolves‘ media day on Monday, league sources tell me and @JonKrawczynski.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1043538659411206145

The Timberwolves have also been made aware that Jimmy Butler will not be available for on-court activities at the outset of training camp, sources tell @TheAthleticMIN

https://twitter.com/JonKrawczynski/status/1043538949380235264

« Reply #136 on: September 22, 2018, 04:17:49 PM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
The TWolves are not going to get full value in a Butler trade since this is his last year in his contract.

What if the TWolves to appease Butler (and sign him to an extension) offered to trade KAT?  I know, blasphemy right?

But I’d say they could get better value in a KAT trade than they could in a Butler trade.  Let’s say they offered him for Nikola Jokic or Rudy Gobert?  Both are comparable in terms of talent and youth (albeit completely different in terms of skill sets at the center position).

Would you rather trade Butler for 60 cents on the dollar or get one of Jokic or Gobert?

While you shorten your window of success by keeping Butler over a 23-yr-old KAT you perhaps keep your team at its current strength and lighten some tensions.

« Reply #137 on: September 22, 2018, 04:29:29 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
The TWolves are not going to get full value in a Butler trade since this is his last year in his contract.

What if the TWolves to appease Butler (and sign him to an extension) offered to trade KAT?  I know, blasphemy right?

But I’d say they could get better value in a KAT trade than they could in a Butler trade.  Let’s say they offered him for Nikola Jokic or Rudy Gobert?  Both are comparable in terms of talent and youth (albeit completely different in terms of skill sets at the center position).

Would you rather trade Butler for 60 cents on the dollar or get one of Jokic or Gobert?

While you shorten your window of success by keeping Butler over a 23-yr-old KAT you perhaps keep your team at its current strength and lighten some tensions.
I'd rather trade Butler and I'm not a big Towns fan.  Then I'd get rid of Thibs. 

« Reply #138 on: September 22, 2018, 05:11:32 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Lauri Markkanen with the low key dig at the Wolves.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2018/09/20/lauri-markkanen-trolls-the-timberwolves-with-a-tbt-tweet/37874385/

I can't imagine being a Wolves fan right now, that can't be very fun.

« Reply #139 on: September 22, 2018, 05:27:06 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Said he not reporting to camp so he got to be traded..its a shame cause T-Wolves had a pretty good team...
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2018, 06:00:54 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
They have to trade him now. Minny should do the same as San Antonio and trade for your best package and NOT necessarily to a team of his choice. I'm sure Thibodeau wants a "now" player like Popovich and not young players. I think it's going to be tough at this late date to move him and get what you want.

« Reply #141 on: September 22, 2018, 06:25:25 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
Portland wouldn't be a bad landing spot.... Maybe McCollum and harkless for butler and dieng.

Twolves Teague McCollum Wiggins and towns isn't bad at all

Portland dame and butler nice duo... Not enough tho prly

« Reply #142 on: September 22, 2018, 08:07:42 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Portland wouldn't be a bad landing spot.... Maybe McCollum and harkless for butler and dieng.

Twolves Teague McCollum Wiggins and towns isn't bad at all

Actually that's a pretty bad team that wouldn't make the playoffs. No one on that team plays a lick of D.

« Reply #143 on: September 22, 2018, 08:35:28 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
They have to trade him now. Minny should do the same as San Antonio and trade for your best package and NOT necessarily to a team of his choice. I'm sure Thibodeau wants a "now" player like Popovich and not young players. I think it's going to be tough at this late date to move him and get what you want.

I agree with this. Even if Butler has a top 3 team list, any team acquiring him would have his Bird Rights with the ability to give a 5-yr contract and 8% raises. With a player like Butler, who is about to be 30, getting as much guaranteed money as possible has to be in the back of his head. As long as the situation is pretty good, that team may convince him to stay (think Paul George).

« Reply #144 on: September 22, 2018, 09:44:14 PM »

Online rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Sources: Minnesota owner Glen Taylor has made it clear to President/Coach Tom Thibodeau and GM Scott Layden that Jimmy Butler's on the trade block and Taylor wants the front office moving to find a deal. Taylor is pushing for a fast resolution.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1043676048892854274?s=21

« Reply #145 on: September 22, 2018, 11:35:59 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Lets hope the clippers get him and become a playoff team

« Reply #146 on: September 23, 2018, 02:17:54 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Tobias + Lue for Jimmy.
Immediate value for Thibs, Clips make a Tobias upgrade.
Both teams still probably miss the playoffs.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 02:44:54 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #147 on: September 23, 2018, 07:37:28 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Clippers and Knicks will offer anything to get Butler...going to overpay probably
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #148 on: September 23, 2018, 08:14:16 AM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Clippers and Knicks will offer anything to get Butler...going to overpay probably

I don’t see the Knicks trading for him since they believe they can outright sign him after this season.

« Reply #149 on: September 23, 2018, 08:57:17 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I don’t see the Knicks trading for him since they believe they can outright sign him after this season.

Does this ever work, though? Sure, the NYK is one of the teams that Butler would like to play for, but if the Clippers or Nets (or any other good enough team that he fits well into) trades for him instead, he can then sign for more years and more money, rather than leaving for what might be a worse situation in NY. If a team is sure they want a certain player, they need to be willing to trade for him in advance...that is unless they think their situation is so dire that the player could leave at the end of the season. And, who knows, that could be the Knicks.