Author Topic: Brad is having enough  (Read 3208 times)

Re: Brad is having enough
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2018, 10:32:31 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Memo to Brad...we are being killed on the boards.

Start Baynes and play Williams.

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2018, 10:33:37 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
These guys need to figure it out. The answer is in the locker room. Someone needs to make some sacrifices.

I elect Brown and Tatum. If two come out the starting lineup, it doesn't put blame on one guy. Stevens can pass it off as chemistry and let them run the 2nd unit.

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2018, 10:35:26 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Kyrie: “We’re not as good as we think we are. That’s what it comes down to.”

Kyrie: "Right now I think it would be nice if we had someone that was a 15-year vet, a 14-year vet that could kind of help us race along the regular season and understand it’s a long marathon rather than just a full-on sprint."

Tatum: "It’s just a matter of stopping guys. That’s what we’re known for, so we have to get back to that."

I agree with Kyrie’s second quote. I think we should have added a vet rather than sign Jabari. I would have given him a take it or leave it two-way offer.  I’d prefer Jamal Crawford or Vince Carter to the empty spot that Bird is.

Well, Carmelo Anthony might be waived soon? ;-)

In all seriousness, is there anyone available in the FA market or a trade that we could go after? Does it have to be a 15 year vet? Can't it be a guy who played for at least a decade?

A guy like Jarrett Jack would fit in perfectly here, I think.

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/current_free_agents

Sort by years of service.

There aren’t a ton of leadership types.

What did you think of Nick Young overall?

He fit in with the Warriors. Not sure if we could call him the leader, but when he was here in the Bay, he was a good soldier who had Kerr's free reign as far as shooting, but didn't do anything Nick Young-ish (if that makes any sense).

He could probably help our offensive woes, but I think he won't be the locker room presence that could lift up spirits for this squad. 

I noticed Tony Allen is available, maybe him? Emeka Okafor? Maybe bring Andrew Bogut back from Australia?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2018, 10:36:26 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

And bench Gordon Hayward. I think we are past the point of him just "figuring things out still", he has been terrible for us on both ends.

Maybe he gets his grove back playing mostly against second units, and then once he does, bring him back to the starting lineup.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2018, 10:46:00 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
These guys need to figure it out. The answer is in the locker room. Someone needs to make some sacrifices.

I elect Brown and Tatum. If two come out the starting lineup, it doesn't put blame on one guy. Stevens can pass it off as chemistry and let them run the 2nd unit.

They absolutely need to determine an adjustment in roles, whether its through a lineup change or not.  This team will function at its best if Kyrie and Horford BOTH come out with assertiveness on offense.  I'd like to see Tatum and Brown simplify their games and focus on what worked last season.

Hopefully this can be the foundation to get the team back on track. 

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2018, 04:38:50 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
We just cant start games down by 20, and expect to win every time. Ratger than “lets shoot 50 3’s a game, our attitude has to change to, lets get 50 ft’s.

Or, let's make the open shots that we get. That would be a start. Interspersed in the pull up 3s and long jumpers are some pretty decent looks that we've just not been able to hit.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2018, 05:50:53 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

And bench Gordon Hayward. I think we are past the point of him just "figuring things out still", he has been terrible for us on both ends.

Maybe he gets his grove back playing mostly against second units, and then once he does, bring him back to the starting lineup.

Agreed.

It may be another year before he comes back to his old self.

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2018, 07:25:59 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136

Agreed.

It may be another year before he comes back to his old self.

Then again he may never...
Think about it.. In Utah he was the star and mai  focal point of the offense just like Kyrie to us now..

Here in Bosto  GH is passive shooting, likes to play point forward and is slow in  defense.

He could still be good, but I am leaning towards a Hayward that will score around 15and peak at 18ppg in his time in Boston.

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2018, 07:44:36 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Cmon man, are you watching the games? Our defense is atrocious...teams get whatever they want.

I know it's hard to critic Kyrie but he's the leader, hes the one that has the ball 70% of the time and is making decision down the stretch.

I want Tatum posting up more and isolated more. If other teams can isolate players why can't the Celtics.

I'd like to see some actual plays run. All this read and react offense doesn't work. It's more like read and shoot a 3.

i dont like that. I think making the ball stick more by more isolation and post ups for Tatum ia the wrong move here. Its already part of the problem, no need to worsen it.

The real problem I see is that we are missing a lot of good shots, and that makes it tough for us to play consistent defense.