Author Topic: NFL 2020 Season  (Read 69495 times)

Re: Football is back!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2020, 11:51:31 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
I actually can't believe it. Football starts in a week. I guess it's happening after all.

With that said, they played no preseason at all. Just feels like teams will be super rusty and we may even (sadly) see a lot of injuries happen early in the year. We'll see.

Baseball has been getting it done lately though a few teams here or there are getting positive tests and having a few games cancelled. How will it work in the NFL though. Way more players, coaches, etc. in one team and lot of travelling still. Will be difficult. Again, we'll see.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2020, 12:38:57 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
My interest level in NFL as a Pats fan has dropped significantly with the departure of Tom. Just won't be the same.  Hoping Cam can step in and make things happen.  Will be a test of Bill's coaching greatness to keep on winning without Brady, and I'm sure he is motivated to do exactly that.

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2020, 12:47:18 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
I actually can't believe it. Football starts in a week. I guess it's happening after all.

With that said, they played no preseason at all. Just feels like teams will be super rusty and we may even (sadly) see a lot of injuries happen early in the year. We'll see.

Baseball has been getting it done lately though a few teams here or there are getting positive tests and having a few games cancelled. How will it work in the NFL though. Way more players, coaches, etc. in one team and lot of travelling still. Will be difficult. Again, we'll see.

we probably are going to witness some horrible football. First month will basically be pre-season.

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2020, 12:58:03 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
So are the Miami Dolphins still the only team planning on allowing fans to attend games?

I don't understand the NFL's haphazard approach here.

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2020, 03:00:51 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
My interest level in NFL as a Pats fan has dropped significantly with the departure of Tom. Just won't be the same.  Hoping Cam can step in and make things happen.  Will be a test of Bill's coaching greatness to keep on winning without Brady, and I'm sure he is motivated to do exactly that.

The other issue is a ton of Pats players also dropped out of this season. Obviously for good reasons and you respect their decisions. But it puts the team in a tougher spot as a handful of those guys were really key contributors, especially on defense.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2020, 03:35:14 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
So are the Miami Dolphins still the only team planning on allowing fans to attend games?

you gotta be a die hard Dolphins fan to truely understand our pain......LOL.. ;D

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2020, 05:52:45 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

The other issue is a ton of Pats players also dropped out of this season. Obviously for good reasons and you respect their decisions. But it puts the team in a tougher spot as a handful of those guys were really key contributors, especially on defense.
Tanking for T-Law begins
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2020, 06:06:38 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
This entire season is going to be an audition for Cam, both for a long term future with the Pats or with some other team. There's less pressure, most experts have written off the team. I'm curious and excited to see how he does, even if his receiving corps is less than impressive (other than Edelman and White). At least the O-line is pretty solid. I'm sure Belichick will keep the team competitive.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2020, 02:14:20 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
The Bucs keep getting stronger and stronger. Tampa Bay Buccaneers signed QB Josh Rosen to the practice squad.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2020, 02:19:19 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474

you gotta be a die hard Dolphins fan to truely understand our pain......LOL.. ;D

I thought I was the only Celtic / Dolphin fan on this site, and probably anywhere lol
I understand the pain, oh yes haha

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2020, 02:24:10 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
The Bucs keep getting stronger and stronger. Tampa Bay Buccaneers signed QB Josh Rosen to the practice squad.

They're definitely going for broke. They know they have a one year window  :angel:

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2020, 05:16:26 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Rosen =/= stronger.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2020, 07:33:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Did you read this before hitting post?

Josh Rosen, a complete failure of a top 10 pick, with 12TD and 19 INTs and a QB rating in the low 60's, on his third team in three years, and ONLY signed to the practice squad somehow makes the Bucs stronger?!?!?!

That's like saying if the Celtics signed Dragon Bender to a two-way contract next year, they got stronger. Think about that.

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2020, 08:43:02 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
This entire season is going to be an audition for Cam, both for a long term future with the Pats or with some other team. There's less pressure, most experts have written off the team. I'm curious and excited to see how he does, even if his receiving corps is less than impressive (other than Edelman and White). At least the O-line is pretty solid. I'm sure Belichick will keep the team competitive.

I have to believe that if Cam has a successful season with the Pats, then there will be mutual interest in him re-signing even if it is slightly less than he can get elsewhere. It's not everyday a QB gets an opportunity to play within a system as highly regarded as the Pats/Belichick. He could really make a long-term name for himself.

Last season was a disaster with injuries, but he had the most completions of his career and best completion % of his career in 2018. 31 isn't particularly young, but QBs seem to be lasting forever these days. It would be awesome if it worked out. Pretty hilarious he is making like $1M this season (opportunity to make $7M with incentives).

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2020, 01:38:11 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
Cam’s got his first rushing TD as a Pat!  :laugh: 7-0