Author Topic: Another Reason To Hate Miami Heat  (Read 4397 times)

Re: Another Reason To Hate Miami Heat
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2023, 09:03:50 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25621
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
What does this have to do with the Heat?

He has been relegated to the end of the bench and hasn't played a meaningful minute in the past 8 seasons. However, he remained on the team because he represents Heat culture. So if he represents Heat culture, he essentially speaks for the team. And with the way Pat Riley hates the Celtics, I wouldn't be surprised if Haslem heard that from Riley first.
I just don't buy that at all.  Haslem is a moron, but I don't blame the Heat for that.  I blame Haslem.

Mo, in all seriousness, did you not know that Haslem is employed as head of basketball development by the heat? Or did you seriously wonder how two current employees of an organization discussing something that happened at the organization in the past is related to the organization? I gotta know because the logic has been turning my brain into spaghetti all day.
Haslem is a moron that was talking on a podcast.  Him being a moron has nothing to do with the Heat, other than the fact they employ a moron.  Just like I didn't blame the Celtics when Irving said stupid things or when they offered him a massive contract knowing he was an idiot.  With all professions, some guys are just idiots.  Doesn't mean it has anything to do with their employer.

Just about every decent sized company in the country has code of conduct and we already know from other lawsuits in the nba that organizations are responsible for their employees conduct. So…. Haslems conduct does literally represent the heat. So your comment is definitely strange but thanks for at least explaining it.
I was editing my post when you were typing this. I further clarified that the Heat have already told everyone they respect the sport's history because they retired a number of a player than never played for them.  That says to me, the organization understands history and respects it.  Haslem is just an idiot.d

Also, a code of conduct has nothing to do with Haslem being an idiot.  It isn't applicable at all in this situation and Haslem wasn't speaking at a press conference as a representative of the Heat (though even if he was, it wouldn't change the fact that he is an idiot).  We've seen lots of coaches and players say all sorts of things unrelated to basketball at press conferences, it doesn't mean they are speaking on behalf of the organization or that the organization is responsible for what is said.

I don’t think you are really making a whole lot of sense right now. You also literally said what does this have to do with the heat not the heat are not responsible for this. At absolute best it was a baffling question the way you phrased it. Either way have a good night. TP

I think at the time Haslem said this, he was acting as team captain.  A captain, formally or informally, speaks for the team.  If a player says stupid stuff as team captain, it does say something about the franchise, particularly until the franchise refutes it.

All that said, as stupid as it is, I wouldn't take hype speeches all that seriously.  I'm sure our guys have, from time to time, said some ignorant stuff.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Another Reason To Hate Miami Heat
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2023, 12:58:19 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1008
Udonis Haslem also issued warnings to Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett, stating he's willing to fight them.

Paul Pierce got stabbed 11 times and walked himself to the hospital. Heat fans actually think Pierce would be scared of Udonis f---ing Haslem man they're delusional 😂

KG bullied Haslem on and off the court...Haslem is fake tough guy

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)