Poll

Outside of the C's, who are you routing for in the other three series?

Knicks
20 (17.9%)
Heat
12 (10.7%)
Warriors
19 (17%)
Lakers
11 (9.8%)
Nuggets
40 (35.7%)
Suns
10 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: Who are you rooting for in the other series?  (Read 5238 times)

Re: Who are you rooting for in the other series?
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2023, 10:39:38 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
I always root against a NY team and the Lakers

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2023, 11:56:10 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
Nuggets and Knicks for me. I’d love to see a C’s Knicks match up. And i want Joker to make it to the Finals
- LilRip

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2023, 09:51:25 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1561
goodnight knicks

the heat will be back in the ECF

here we go again  >:(
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2023, 09:52:32 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
Nuggets and Knicks for me. I’d love to see a C’s Knicks match up. And i want Joker to make it to the Finals

knicks are done son.

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2023, 10:58:03 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
I want Lebron's Lakers in the Finals vs the Celtics.

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2023, 12:47:06 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Not sure I do. The Lakers are owning the reigning champs, while the Celtics are struggling against a team that features an aging, flabby Harden and a hobbled Embiid.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2023, 01:23:09 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
I'd like to see us play the Heat, and beat them in 5... quieten the ESPN heads who so desperately wanted that Butler three to go in last year. Then see Kyrie go to the Lakers, and beat them again after winning it this year.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2023, 09:43:48 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I want no part of Golden State but I’m not comfortable with the Celts now. I think it goes 7 but I just hope they WIN the series. . Miami will foul their way pretty far. They are allowed to hold people more off ball. Just like GS did last year.

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2023, 09:44:57 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321

Not sure I do. The Lakers are owning the reigning champs, while the Celtics are struggling against a team that features an aging, flabby Harden and a hobbled Embiid.

If the Celtics are going to win a championship, they're going to have to go through tough teams with good players. Bring on the challenge- no need to hide from Lebron. Otherwise, what's the point of this entire exercise? To say that the Celtics won a ring by playing less talented teams?

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2023, 10:43:32 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2958
  • On To Banner 18!

You're probably the only one lol
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2023, 10:53:05 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
Suns or Denver
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2023, 11:24:55 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

If the Celtics are going to win a championship, they're going to have to go through tough teams with good players. Bring on the challenge- no need to hide from Lebron. Otherwise, what's the point of this entire exercise? To say that the Celtics won a ring by playing less talented teams?

Of course they'll have to go through good teams, but I can much more easily picture the NBA swaying things towards its golden boy than I can the Celtics playing well enough to beat the Lakers 4 out of 7.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2023, 11:43:23 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002

Of course they'll have to go through good teams, but I can much more easily picture the NBA swaying things towards its golden boy than I can the Celtics playing well enough to beat the Lakers 4 out of 7.

C's barely beat them both games in OT and that was before Pelinka made those crazy midseason moves. C's sure as heck ain't sweeping them. Will prob be a 7-game series as how we've seen their effort so far.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2023, 01:03:20 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar

C's barely beat them both games in OT and that was before Pelinka made those crazy midseason moves. C's sure as heck ain't sweeping them. Will prob be a 7-game series as how we've seen their effort so far.

First thought: I'm not sure I'm emotionally equipped to see the Lakers & Celtics in the final after what happened last time.

Second thought: It also can't be worse than 2010 - even a sweep wouldn't feel as bad. And beating James & Davis for Banner 18 would be incredible.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2023, 02:15:05 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

You're probably the only one lol

nah. me and BTB will take them them also(if they make it i am fine with it but i am NOT rooting for them). i want payback for 2010. i still have PTSD from that game. it was like a nightmare. last thing i remember from that game was the arena going pitch black and a spotlight hitting kobe up on some platform at the end of the court holding up the trophy.
completely stolen valor. that trophy was ours. what a collapse. doc ran the guys into the ground and we blew a 12 point 4th quarter lead if i recall. sickening. just disgusting. oh and the refs let them win it at the FT line right? typical lakers playoff games.

however if the lakers lose the WCF i am fine with that also. I hate them and GS now anyway.
LET'S GO CELTICS!