Author Topic: All nba games likely played at Disney World in Orlando (current front runner)  (Read 8131 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Walt Disney World has become a clear front-runner to become the sole play site for a resumption of the 2019-2020 NBA season. It's not clear when that could happen, but a popular scenario has players training in mid-June and playing at Disney World in mid-July, according to the report.

I’m assuming Itll be at the wide world of sports complex where one of the summer leagues  was held

All signs are pointing to the season resuming
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 05:32:43 PM by CelticsElite »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
Curious to see if they finish the regular season, or go straight into playoffs. Also, would all teams come back or just those in the playoff/playoff picture? Honestly, I imagine there'd be a lot of players on the bad teams who would prefer to just stay where they are and not put themselves and their families at risk by returning. I haven't read anywhere that the player's salaries will increase or anything from returning either, so what's really the incentive for them?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Curious to see if they finish the regular season, or go straight into playoffs. Also, would all teams come back or just those in the playoff/playoff picture? Honestly, I imagine there'd be a lot of players on the bad teams who would prefer to just stay where they are and not put themselves and their families at risk by returning. I haven't read anywhere that the player's salaries will increase or anything from returning either, so what's really the incentive for them?
i think they will resume the regular season. There are some regional tv contract obligations that needed to be fulfilled that if they don’t could cost the nba a lot of money.

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I cant see how this would work.  Who is paying for it without fans present?  The TV networks?

This season is a goner, just as if there was a strike.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I cant see how this would work.  Who is paying for it without fans present?  The TV networks?

yes TV networks.  NBA tv subscription. Merchandise. 

I don't think they have refunded the money back to the subscribers yet

Don't forget also the players are also receiving a paycut
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 07:36:04 PM by Tr1boy »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
It looks like they have 6 basketball courts there.  I would be curious how they schedule all the games and practices for all NBA teams.

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Direct to playoffs most likely, given that it is much easier to manage 16 teams, and that the number gets cut in half every two or so weeks. To resume a regular season with all 30 teams in one location seems too difficult to manage.  There were just about 20 plus games left to be played. Wish the regular season would get played out if for no other reason than to hope Griz drop down below 17!!

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

it s all about LA and Lebron ...making headlines and money for the same greedy bunch

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

yes TV networks.  NBA tv subscription. Merchandise. 

I don't think they have refunded the money back to the subscribers yet

Don't forget also the players are also receiving a paycut

Yeah, I think it's pretty set in stone that the NBA will return to finish this season. They will certainly make plenty of money out of it.

It will be interesting to see who ends up ineligible for playoff games due to testing positive and how that will impact the outcome of the playoffs.

Also, do the special rules for Lebron also apply to covid-19 test results?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 11:38:39 PM by hpantazo »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995

it s all about LA and Lebron ...making headlines and money for the same greedy bunch

If there's a season where LeBron and the Lakers win it all, it's this one.

I hope they don't resume it, but looks like it's inevitable. Can't fathom watching them raise banner 17 to be tied with the Celtics.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

If there's a season where LeBron and the Lakers win it all, it's this one.

I hope they don't resume it, but looks like it's inevitable. Can't fathom watching them raise banner 17 to be tied with the Celtics.

its gonna happen ,  Silver doesn't want to be know as the guy who robbed LA and Lebron of a title for his legacy ...even if it will be a very hollow one indeed.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

it would all,be for LA fans ....its all about them to,crown one of the LA teams champions.   

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
So, will there be cardboard cut-out fans in the stands?  Pre-recorded cheering?  Will Doris Burke be talking to herself?  According to contact-tracing they would have to shut it down if even one player or official tests positive.   This idea is a complete joke.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
So, will there be cardboard cut-out fans in the stands?  Pre-recorded cheering?  Will Doris Burke be talking to herself?  According to contact-tracing they would have to shut it down if even one player or official tests positive.   This idea is a complete joke.

Bring the NBA down to the level of professional wrestling,  just give the fans what they want .   

LA another banner .

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
*The Asterisk Season.

It'll be good to have basketball back but this season will also be one of those heavily debated & scrutinized seasons. 

I'd almost just rather fast-forward and start '20-21 come November or December.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team