Author Topic: backup point guard wanted  (Read 2256 times)

backup point guard wanted
« on: July 25, 2009, 03:10:35 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
-Gabe Pruitt we hardly knew ya. Doubt danny is trying hard to get pruitt locked up at a fair deal. With Aug coming sooner than later if he hasn't sign him up i doubt he ever will.

- Also marbury seems like he has too much pride to comeback and play for 1.9 million dollars per season. He used to make 20 million a year , players like that would rather not play unless they got something worthwhile. (for marbury its 5 million min which nobody will give him). In addition doubt as a celtics player he would have the chance to showcase his talents on the court . He is at a dead end imo

- Backup pgs are become a rarity as the days past by. I like the steve blake rumors if portland really wants big baby in a sign and trade type deal.

- Lester Hudson will get a chance to heal and showcase his talents come trainning camp. He has 1st round level skills as i witnessed during a couple of the summer games unlike guys like walker, pruitt and giddens who is a pure disappointment. Danny hasn't ended ties with him offering celtics facilities to get him fixed

Eddie would be a bad 2nd pt option. The guy is huffing and puffing doing going nowhere 360's and crossovers or mini crossovers just to get the ball over the mid court. Who else could we possibly sign?

Re: backup point guard wanted
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 03:18:50 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Hey Wyc touch the wallet............. ;)
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 04:09:16 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
I agree about Pruitt, but disagree about Marbury.

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 05:18:12 AM »

Offline Pigott17

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
Pruitt shows some signs but i think he really needs alot of nba experience to become they player we need him to be,and we cant wait on tht

i like BBD as much as the next guy but if the celts want him so bad they would have offered him a contract by now.I think a sign and trade sending BBD and either giddens or walker for a decent mid level pg like. . .god theres not tht many out there.mabye kyle lowery,he performed well for rockets and rockets need as many bigs as they can get and with Tmacs inconsistent health andother wing player would help them

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 05:41:17 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
Anthony Carter sounds really good to me. I would love him to be a backup here. He IMO is a true point guard and plays GREAT defence.
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 05:44:09 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Anthony Carter seems quite content where he is, I'm pretty sure he left money in the table last year to return to Denver.

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 07:28:06 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

i like BBD as much as the next guy but if the celts want him so bad they would have offered him a contract by now.

He's a restricted FA and we gave him the qualifying offer,

Theres no use in us giving him an actual offer right now becuase we might overpay to keep him. Let the market tell us what he's worth and then we decide if its in our interest financially to match any offers on Glen.

It's not that Danny is trying to decide whether he wants Baby here, its all based on the cream.