Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Round 1 Game 1 4/18/15  (Read 82623 times)

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Round 1 Game 1 4/18/15
« Reply #645 on: April 19, 2015, 05:05:18 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
This officiating is CRIMINAL!

Stop blaming the refs. The Celtics are facing a real NBA team. Maybe if we tank for the next year or two it's something we could resemble.

« Reply #646 on: April 19, 2015, 05:05:27 PM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
Seriously, this is so hard to watch. Sooooo lop-sided. Stevens really needs to publicly call it out. That's the only way it will change. The league doesn't want that reputation.

And it's pretty crazy that our best two players today have been KO and Smart, a 2nd year player and a rookie.

Not his style though

« Reply #647 on: April 19, 2015, 05:05:36 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
IT showing why he's not the answer at PG

Hes got a big heart but he's a borderline NBA player. Reason why he was taken last in his draft. If he was 6'2 he would be a star

Borderline NBA player? Haha, right.

He isn't a star, and he won't ever be any better than Jamal Crawford, but he's certainly not a "borderline NBA player". Borderline players don't win SMOTY.

He won't it's Lou Williams to lose.
Lou Williams lost it to Isaiah
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #648 on: April 19, 2015, 05:05:45 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
This game went t crap when Stevens out-coached himself by starting Olynyk over Zeller.
KO played well the first half - no problem with starting him.  should have been in with Zeller, not instead of him

« Reply #649 on: April 19, 2015, 05:05:48 PM »

Offline shrinkage36

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
Please stop blaming the refs.  They are a vastly superior team.

Perhaps we're watching different games. Lebron and Kyrie are held to a much different standard by the refs than the rest of the players out there.
Come on. We are getting outplayed by a much better team. No need to look for excuses.

We shouldn't even be in the playoffs this year and they are title contenders.  It's what happens.
shouldn't be in the playoffs?

We had the 16th best record this year
I know we have a crappy record, but the way we played in the 2nd half of the season was playoff worthy, thus the reason we're here. Otherwise, I agree.

« Reply #650 on: April 19, 2015, 05:05:57 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
These refs suck we can't get a call on a drive to save our life
The Cavs don't foul. They wait.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #651 on: April 19, 2015, 05:06:04 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
Seriously, this is so hard to watch. Sooooo lop-sided. Stevens really needs to publicly call it out. That's the only way it will change. The league doesn't want that reputation.

And it's pretty crazy that our best two players today have been KO and Smart, a 2nd year player and a rookie.

I hope he does.

Smart's been one of our better players all year. Good sign of things to come!
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #652 on: April 19, 2015, 05:06:10 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Smart playing good defense on LeBron. Love it.
in general, the whole team has.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #653 on: April 19, 2015, 05:06:23 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Calling out the refs when your team is woefully overmatched is a loser move.  I would be pretty disappointed in Stevens if he did that.

Just acknowledge that the other team is better and move onto Game 2, 3, 4.  Then move onto what you're going to do in the off-season to try and get closer to being good enough.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #654 on: April 19, 2015, 05:06:36 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Please stop blaming the refs.  They are a vastly superior team.

Perhaps we're watching different games. Lebron and Kyrie are held to a much different standard by the refs than the rest of the players out there.
Come on. We are getting outplayed by a much better team. No need to look for excuses.

We shouldn't even be in the playoffs this year and they are title contenders.  It's what happens.
shouldn't be in the playoffs?

We had the 16th best record this year

15th.
Heck ya

TP

even better
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #655 on: April 19, 2015, 05:07:07 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I hope he does.

the reality is the league doesn't care.  this is how it's been for 2 decades practically

« Reply #656 on: April 19, 2015, 05:07:42 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

You're right

He needs to call them out in a post game interview

Phil jackson was a master at playing the refs

He also had the superstars to get calls thoughh
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #657 on: April 19, 2015, 05:07:59 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
This game went t crap when Stevens out-coached himself by starting Olynyk over Zeller.
KO played well the first half - no problem with starting him.  should have been in with Zeller, not instead of him

This is not about playing well or not, this is about putting Kelly with Mozgov on the floor, our defense suffered A LOT because of it.

« Reply #658 on: April 19, 2015, 05:08:25 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933

I hope he does.

the reality is the league doesn't care.  this is how it's been for 2 decades practically

I know, it's just really crappy from a fan's perspective to have to sit here and watch it unfold like this. That is unless you happen to be a Cavs fan.

« Reply #659 on: April 19, 2015, 05:08:51 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Finally Sully is on the floor.