Author Topic: Get Dwight and Compete?  (Read 9653 times)

Re: Get Dwight and Compete?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 08:49:01 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I still think our best chance is to get Al Jefferson back - either for a solid future or a trade asset. All Utah gave up was Kosta Koufos and two future 1st rounders. Don't they still need a sg? Your deal would probably get us Al and probably save us Bradley and a pick or two.

Obviously the prize here is Dwight, but Al would be a nice consolation prize.

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2011, 10:09:18 AM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
First of all Danny Ainge is smart guy so he know that he needs to bring not one but 2 stars here because since 2010 superstars are gathering in teams so Howard will want to play with other star. So Danny is planning about Howard maybe even the trade was made about Howard who knows. The only way Howard get's here is that he would want to play here. Danny or Bill Russell or KG someone needs to convince Howard to want to come here. Second thing about that is , and i'm sure Danny thought about this also is bring another superstar here. So who is other superstar who is willing to leave his team? Simply Chris Paul. Ask Dwight if he wants to come here and play with Chris Paul.

First we trade Rondo for Chris Paul plus some bench guys to make the trade work. If Paul wants to leave hornets they get a lot in rondo so they accept. Than Magic could get better offers for Howard then from the Celtics but if Howard is determined to play here they will have to do it and not lose him for nothing. We offer Glen Davis,Jeff Green,J.O'neal and 2 future picks from us plus the clipers pick that's 3. Magic could get better offer than this but all we need to do is convince Howard to play here by bringing another star or in any possible way. Starting line up will be Howard,KG,PP,Ray,Chris Paul. The old big 3 plus 2 super stars and in 2012 when KG and Ray sign cheap contracts we will have a salary cap space to sign other guys. To me this is the only way to get Howard , by bringing other superstar.

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 02:51:51 AM »

Offline greensamurai

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 8
Chris Paul's knees scare me. Had the same surgery as Brandon Roy so I don't know how much longer his knees will last and that alone in my opinion detracts me from that trade.

The only PG I would want for Rondo that I would be happy with is Deron Williams. Lets face it, he is not going to stay on the Nets. Rondo is a allstar/borderline superstar and can sell tickets for the billionaire's Brooklyn Nets.

We get a game changer who can take over the load for the big 3 and if possible keep Green.

Some combination of Rondo + BBD + JO + 2 first round picks for Williams.

Equals a starting lineup of:

Williams/Allen/Pierce/KG/fillinblank

Dwight would love to come to Boston and play with D-Will.
Allen, and KG sign back on for cheap. Just have D-Will talk to Howard since the NBA won't look into tampering charges (ex. HEAT)

That leaves us Williams/Allen/Pierce/KG/Howard and Green off the bench. Definitely contenders.

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2011, 07:34:26 AM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
Dwight's a muscle head --Celtics tradition is smarter more determined players, team effort--Dwight doesn't do or say that for me!
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2011, 09:05:37 AM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164
Short answer: No.

Long answer:  Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

This made me laugh for 5 minutes straight TP
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2011, 09:13:55 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Short answer: No.

Long answer:  Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Lol.

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2011, 09:26:09 AM »

Offline Potapenko Boxout

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
isnt dwight pretty much our biggest EC rival over this time period aside from lebron? i dont want him

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2011, 09:56:25 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I always thought CP3 (or to a lesser extent, Deron Williams) would be the key to nabbing Howard. Of course, I know very little about the situation compared to DA. Maybe Rondo and Dwight get along well.

But trading Rondo for either PG definitely makes the Celtics look sweeter. I'd say both are more marketable than Rondo, but after seeing him land 3rd in jersey sales this year, maybe he is more marketable than I thought.

Dwight Howard has become a more complete player over the past few years. He should be in the MVP and DPOY discussion for the next 5-6 years. Surrounding him with premier talent, whether it is Rondo, CP3, or Williams and Pierce/Green, that is about as great a trio as you can find (Miami included). Sprinkle in some KG and Delonte/Ray, and the possibilities are mesmerizing.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2011, 10:14:17 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Van Gundy is a head case himself, not exactly a good rolemodel for Howard .  He makes me want smoke just watching him .  What a waste of D12  with such an oddball assembled basketball team based on shooting 3's . ???  Fortunately Phil Jackson "says" he is retiring after this go round, and we know how screwed up LA was before they brought him in.  

Mello , LBJ , D will , none of these guys are going to hang a banner without a one or two " TRUE CENTERS" who are dominate presence inside.  Not centers who score , but enforcers inside the paint.

DA BULL 's are the closest to having the correct mold to crush LA for a while . Put together very much like traditional Celtic teams.

DH WILL break out of that H#ll hole prison of Orlando , FL. , count on it.

It maybe that DA thinks screwing up this years best banner run chance is worth positioning getting DH and possible several championships down the road.

Hopefully we can still pullout #18 and be in the hunt for D12

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2011, 10:23:26 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Well did we ever think we would snag KG and Allen?

there is always hope

my thoughts exactly, if Dwight is going to end up like Carmelo, Orlando will want to get pieces for the future, 2 first rounders, BBD and Ray sounds like what they want, a young player in Davis can start, and a veteran in Ray...

I can actually see this happening if Dwight starts complaining

imagine if an Antawn Jamison scenario happened lol

we trade all those players mentioned and they buy out Ray Allen's contract, Ray returns

then we will have

Rondo/West/Reddick
Ray/Reddick
Piece/Green
KG/Green/JO
Dwight/JO

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2011, 11:46:12 AM »

Offline minijericho29

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 24
The only way the Magic would trade Howard is if he let them know that he would NEVER re-sign with them and he is 100% set on moving elsewhere once he hits free-agency.  And if that happened, the Celtics would have to compete with every other team in the league to get him.  The only way the C's could compete is if they offered Rondo, Jeff Green, BBD, Avery Bradley, and several first round picks.

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2011, 08:27:25 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
From what I've heard, Dwight is thinking LA, NJ or bust.  The Lakers would probably have to give up one or more of Bynum, Gasol, and Odom.  Still, Pau or Lamar + Dwight would be a nuts front court, even if they didn't have much depth behind them.  Deron Williams (top 3 pg) and Dwight (best center) would be a crazy combo, too.

I don't think the Celtics have a shot . . . Dwight would need to want to come here.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2011, 10:12:21 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
From what I've heard, Dwight is thinking LA, NJ or bust.  The Lakers would probably have to give up one or more of Bynum, Gasol, and Odom.  Still, Pau or Lamar + Dwight would be a nuts front court, even if they didn't have much depth behind them.  Deron Williams (top 3 pg) and Dwight (best center) would be a crazy combo, too.

I don't think the Celtics have a shot . . . Dwight would need to want to come here.

See, that's the part I can't understand...ok NJ I can see, with DWill....but LA??

I wish Dwight would stop thinking about his movie career opportunities out there in LA, and just concentrate on basketball. If he goes to LA, someone tell me who will get him the ball?

Kobe? I would venture that maybe Kobe's 4-5 assists per game and Pau's 3-4 assists could keep Dwight happy, but LA still has a PG problem.

And I'm sure that ORL would attempt to gut LA's squad in such a trade...ORL would be foolish to take anything less than Bynum and Lamar and some draft picks.

Besides me being a diehard C's fan, it just makes more sense to me for Dwight to want to come here...and play with a true PG.

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2011, 04:19:43 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
The Celtics will be gunning for Dwight Howard in 2012 either that or the 2011 trade deadline.  This is the only move that would make the Perkins trade make sense.  Celtics need at the 5 is obvious.  Maybe they need to upgrade on Rondo before Dwight will consider coming here, if they do need to do that say hello to Chris Paul.  I doubt we can get Deron Williams, but CP3's situation appears more precarious.  

We might be able to swing a trade with some players such as Rondo, Green or Baby as pieces plus picks.  Remember that the Gasol trade was basically a blind robbery of the Grizzlies.  Teams in bad positions will make trades for financial relief.  My only reservation is that any trade obtaining Chris Paul must allow us to still pursue Howard afterwards.

A starting lineup of Chris Paul/Allen/Pierce/KG/Howard would be an absolute wrecking ball regardless of who we have on the bench and Danny is known for finding gems in round 2.  So I wouldn't worry too hard about the bench if we can field that kind of starting lineup.

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2011, 06:27:15 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
It looks like there is already talk of this, but his favored destinations are  (puke) Fakers and the Nets. http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/213114/Howard_Trade_Possible_This_Offseason

I think Magic don't gamble on an injury prone Bynum and Fakers have little else to offer. Nets have better chance with Lopez and pieces for Howard.

A package of perhaps expirings and our first next year and the Clippers 2012 first and Rondo (only if we have to) for Howard, Reddick and Nelson. Delonte and Jameer together again might be interesting.

We have more to offer than the Lakers but less than the Nets.