Author Topic: Further discussions on THE trade  (Read 20205 times)

Re: Further discussions on THE trade
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2011, 01:19:22 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I wasn't aware grabbing rebounds constitutes playing well defensively. ::) I guess you learn something everyday.

Eh...  Defensive rebounding is a defensive skill.  It's obviously not 1-on-1 defense, but it does contribute to team defense, as it limits the other team's scoring chances.

Similarly, good offensive rebounding is good offense.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2011, 01:22:11 PM »

Offline bbd24

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 118
Ok NOW and finally now I am willing to declare this trade a disaster.

Krstic played 5 minutes.

Green played 17 and got 4 whole points and zero rebounds.

It's time for everyone to just end this thing, shake hands, declare it's over and the people that said it was a bad trade were right. 

It's too bad, but it's done now.

I thought Green played some very good defense on Carmelo tonight.

I thought he played Melo better than Paul did.  Albeit a short stretch.

« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2011, 01:23:31 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

Defense doesn't stop until your team has the ball.

This has to be the most Red Auerbachian statement I've read on CB in quite a while.  TP.

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2011, 01:23:42 PM »

Offline scoop1977

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
Ok NOW and finally now I am willing to declare this trade a disaster.

Krstic played 5 minutes.

Green played 17 and got 4 whole points and zero rebounds.

It's time for everyone to just end this thing, shake hands, declare it's over and the people that said it was a bad trade were right. 

It's too bad, but it's done now.
Was Perk going to play better than JO? If not, than what's the problem?

That Jermaine O'Neal can only play 22 minutes and that Perkins could at least play the other 26?

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2011, 01:27:08 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I wasn't aware grabbing rebounds constitutes playing well defensively. ::) I guess you learn something everyday.
Yeah. Good defensive forwards and big men like Rodman, Lebron, Bill Russell, etc never got lots of rebs

Defense doesn't stop until your team has the ball.
Exactly. There's no point to making the guy miss his shot if he gets the offensive reb.

« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2011, 01:28:59 PM »

Offline bbd24

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 118

Green played great D on Carmelo and his effectiveness offensively was limited heavily by baby's ineptitude on offense.

Oh and the thunder Bigs got used as a step ladder by nene tonight, but oh sorry perk scowls and starts shoving fights and does all these things that aren't measured in stat lines. I just don't know what they are. No one does.

Tell me what he did tonight that would help the celtics win. I can do a pretty good scowl, maybe I should be dressed as a starting centre.

Come on, wouldn't you pay 8/9 Million per yr for that scowl alone ? Forget about his knees, or his 5 pts/5 fouls in his 20 mins per game, or the fact that you brought in the O'neal brothers off the free agency street and they can outplay him. Forget all that. You won't find another folk hero like King Perk.

« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2011, 09:28:38 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I have never been so completely unhappy to have been so completely right about something so immediately after it happened, and so thoroughly.   

This isn't supposed to be happening.  Jeff Green was supposed to be mostly good. Krstic was supposed to not be able to play defense but do something useful.

I take it back. I was wrong about this trade. I thought this trade would be bad overall, but would have pros and cons.

It has been a disaster.  I thought this trade would be kinda like a messy room. It would get cleaned up and would work, but it would be a pain.  But this is like the BP oil spill and Danny Ainge is Obama.  Where is he?  He's fiddling on Martha's Vineyard. He's on WEEI saying he'd still do this trade.  Doesn't the BYU honor code prohibit him from lying? 

« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2011, 09:41:36 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I have never been so completely unhappy to have been so completely right about something so immediately after it happened, and so thoroughly.   

This isn't supposed to be happening.  Jeff Green was supposed to be mostly good. Krstic was supposed to not be able to play defense but do something useful.

I take it back. I was wrong about this trade. I thought this trade would be bad overall, but would have pros and cons.

It has been a disaster.  I thought this trade would be kinda like a messy room. It would get cleaned up and would work, but it would be a pain.  But this is like the BP oil spill and Danny Ainge is Obama.  Where is he?  He's fiddling on Martha's Vineyard. He's on WEEI saying he'd still do this trade.  Doesn't the BYU honor code prohibit him from lying? 

But - aren't we up 2 - 0? And every game that Shaq doesn't play brings us closer to when he will play?

Just let go, Man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2we_B6hDrY

« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2011, 09:52:16 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
This isn't supposed to be happening.  Jeff Green was supposed to be mostly good. Krstic was supposed to not be able to play defense but do something useful.

Yeah, but on the bright side, at least the trade has hurt OKC, as well.  Oh, wait. ;)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2011, 10:09:50 PM »

Offline butterbeanlove

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 191

When I heard about this trade I felt like somebody punched me in the gut and the news flash was some sort of hoax. I didn't like it. So I'm consistent.

Because I bleed green I tried to talk myself into it with all of the "best player in the trade" (!!!) nonsense. No more have to take Perk out in crunch time because he's a liability on offense, etc.

Then I have simply observed the input of my senses, and adjusted my thoughts accordingly. Which was that this is the worst trade I've seen in watching the Celtics for almost 30 years.

Did Danny panic when Perk hurt his other knee? And if so, should we blame Dr. McKeon, as the earlier commenter suggested? At any rate, we're not going to win anything this year. That doesn't make me a disloyal fan. Just a disgusted one that we flushed 18 a chance - not a guarantee - but a chance - at 18 down the toilet. Because we have no chance right now.

« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2011, 10:11:42 PM »

Offline blackberry33

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 7

But - aren't we up 2 - 0? And every game that Shaq doesn't play brings us closer to when he will play?

Just let go, Man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2we_B6hDrY

tp

« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2011, 11:52:02 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2011, 08:50:46 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
More like this...and for some reason I couldn't find the original

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5orss3fAEU

« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2011, 09:01:24 AM »

Offline snowball

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47

« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2011, 10:22:25 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Whoa, I saw "THE trade" and I thought this was a place I could discuss Walker for Lafrentz exchange. Boy, do I have egg on my face.

PS: Don't sleep on Jiri Welsh guys, he's a steal!