Author Topic: fantasy trade to rebuild and nab austin rivers  (Read 2817 times)

fantasy trade to rebuild and nab austin rivers
« on: March 24, 2011, 12:27:30 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Wild trade idea for fun involving 3 of my four favorite Celtics.

I will say that I get so tired of Rondo bashers that sometimes I think I'd prefer a cookie cut out PG who can shoot the J.  And this fantasy sticks Rondo in a good situation I certainly wouldn't feel bad for him.  But he's my favorite Celtic followed by KG Pierce and Ray in no particular order....so really it's just a fantasy rebuild that I wouldn't support....because it's too whacked and we wouldn't have a chance at a title in next year's shortened season.....

The unseen part of the trade is that we get Toronto's 2011 first round pick, a high lottery pick most likely, which we combine with next year's Clippers first and whatever in order to grab Austin Rivers in 2012 draft.....

It was kind of fun sending Pierce and Garnett to the Clippers to win a title starting alongside Jordan, Gordon and Westbrook.  And kind of fun sending Rondo to Ok. City to win a title next to his buddy Perk, Griffin, Durant and Harden/Sefolosha.  Also Westbrook and Griffin head home or at least back to their college towns.....

2012 Celtics are bad enough to hit the lottery.  So the idea is they'd get Rivers and their own lottery pick....

possible 2012 team:   Mo Williams, Ray, Jeff Green, Ibaka, Shaq
bench:                            West, Wafer, Gomes, Kleiza, Collison, Kaman, draft picks, free agents

then start over with Kaman, Ibaka, Green, Rivers and a star PG.....(sign Chris Paul?)

Re: fantasy trade to rebuild and nab austin rivers
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 01:49:06 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
considering Danny went all-in with the Perk trade to win the title this year, if the team comes up short, I wouldn't be surprised to see a fire sale next year to start reloading the franchise --> lockout or no lockout.  I have to admit, I'm not a particular fan of the players you're bringing in but I'm not against the principle of shaking up the roster to get a good core to rebuild with.

I think if anyone is likely to be kept, it's PP rather than Ray or Rondo just because Wyc wants him to retire a Celtic.

As much as I disliked the losing years, I did appreciate the effort the youngsters put on the floor every night.  I've had my fill of the current set of vets coming out with a lackadaisical attitude and sleepwalking their way through another game that's either too-close or a loss.

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 01:56:03 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
considering Danny went all-in with the Perk trade to win the title this year, if the team comes up short, I wouldn't be surprised to see a fire sale next year to start reloading the franchise --> lockout or no lockout.  I have to admit, I'm not a particular fan of the players you're bringing in but I'm not against the principle of shaking up the roster to get a good core to rebuild with.

I think if anyone is likely to be kept, it's PP rather than Ray or Rondo just because Wyc wants him to retire a Celtic.

As much as I disliked the losing years, I did appreciate the effort the youngsters put on the floor every night.  I've had my fill of the current set of vets coming out with a lackadaisical attitude and sleepwalking their way through another game that's either too-close or a loss.

Thanks for comment! 

I screwed up the link again sorry all.....

basically it ends up a plan of being really bad for hopefully just 2  years, while getting Ibaka, Kaman and Toronto's 2011 lottery pick for Rondo and Bradley....

If we wanted to try and stay better while rebuilding, we could surely get more for Garnett and Pierce.....

I'd say let's win the title this year and go for a repeat next year in a possible short season...

Thanks again for commenting on the theory behind the trade, Slam...

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 05:52:00 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
We're stuck with Rondo, for better or for worse.

Also, as tantalizing a prospect as it is (and he is), Austin Rivers will likely never play for the Boston Celtics.  At least not for the first few years of his career - not if he's any good.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 10:15:47 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Our best bet to rebuild is to hope that the Clippers pick will be around 11-13 in 2012.  Hopefully plenty of kids in this class stay in school with a possible lock out and the 2012 class will be deep.
do it