Author Topic: * BBD offseason trade ideas thread  (Read 8550 times)

Re: offseason trade with houston
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2011, 04:22:31 AM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
You guys prefer we trade BBD for Greg Monroe ?

:changed the title of the thread

monroe

Why would Detroit do that?  Monroe is their only big with some size.  Do they really want another short PF?

monroe = kwame 2.0

but he's better than BBD

???

Kwame was a HS kid that never developed any offense but is above average defensively.

Monroe went to Georgetown.  He is good offensively (not an offensive star) that needs to learn NBA defense. 

And yes, he likely will be better then Davis.

Which begs the question, why would Detroit trade him for another short PF?

I have no idea why they would trade monroe, just figured it's that dumars owes us for that championship, maybe it's a little bit overrated regarding rasheed, they still would've been a dominant team in the east without that trade.

So you think Kwame is better than BBD?  Wow

I said monroe is better than BBD

Re: * BBD offseason trade ideas thread
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2011, 05:29:57 AM »

Offline YouCantHandleTheTruth!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
I'm a BBD fan, and I have a suggestion:

how 'bout somebody opening a topic on how get rid of Krstic in the summer?
The Celtic in me.

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 06:00:37 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159

Let him walk. He's an FA this summer.

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2011, 08:56:05 AM »

Offline Employee8

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71

Let him walk. He's an FA this summer.

I won't miss him.  Hated his flop last night against Ronny Turiaf.  Pathetic.

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2011, 09:01:10 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
After this season, if Celts are healthy, BBD will be a 2 time champion entering his 5th season in the NBA. That will be highly rated, he will have a ton of value but I love this guy, my favorite Celtic after Paul and I hope Danny and the frontoffice and BBD will reach an agreement
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2011, 09:02:33 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
+1  :)

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2011, 09:46:53 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
After this season, if Celts are healthy, BBD will be a 2 time champion entering his 5th season in the NBA. That will be highly rated, he will have a ton of value but I love this guy, my favorite Celtic after Paul and I hope Danny and the frontoffice and BBD will reach an agreement

This. 
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2011, 10:04:30 AM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120

This. 

100% agree
and for those who say he has no lift.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpVYlnA5TA4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBxs4Q8hhzg&feature=related
Hopefully he loves being a Celtic as much as we fans love him.

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2011, 12:25:25 AM »

Offline Army_of_One_Nation

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 44
There's too much hatred towards Krstic and BBD. Why talk about trading either or both when, in Krstic, you have a 7 footer who is not even 30 years old. Maybe many people think that he doesn't do this, can't do that, won't do this, or whatever. But, he is healthy and able to play. He's got a good shooting touch, a decent rebounder, and not once have I heard him complain about playing time. In BBD, he knows the system well and that is why we find him successful in some games.

Both will continue to improve with more experience and more coaching from the Celtic's staff in the future. I know Krstic will be a FA, as is Davis. Resigning them will have to be one of the top priorities this season.

The players that the C's have right now can carry them for 2-4 more years. Whoever they draft this summer, can be stashed away to the Euro league, or if the player they get is legit and can play right away, then that's bonus for them.

"I've got a theory that if you give 100% all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end."
Larry Bird

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2011, 12:45:09 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Yeah we would need a big back, but one with talent or legit potential.

We could put together a package of BBD, Bradley and picks for a pretty decent player.

Upon looking at potential players, I actually don't see too many teams willing to pay BBD a hefty payday (that the C's won't match) AND give up a good player. He works with the Celtics, but I could easily see him being less valuable to other teams. He hit the market once before and got ZERO interest. His stock has rose considerably the past two seasons, but is a team willing to go full MLE for 4+ years? Maybe, but not in a S&T.

Maybe a team that is ready to blow it up. Atlanta when they fail to make it out of the first round again? Does Orlando go in another direction in a last ditch effort to keep D12? Do the Suns have a firesale? Charlotte? GSW? Is there even any big (realistically) on those teams that we would actually want?
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2011, 12:52:50 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
We have zero leverage for a sign & trade with Baby since anyone with an MLE will be able to sign him. Does anyone see him earning more than that?

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2011, 01:18:16 PM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
we do have leverage in a s&t since we can offer picks, I couldn't find any players in babys position that has a team option or guaranteed salary next season with a qualifying offer in 2012. If there is and that team wouldn't like to extend that player we can offer bbd,picks in a s&t.