Author Topic: Just for fun, could a Rondo + Green package land the C's Lebron?  (Read 12756 times)

Re: Just for fun, could a Rondo + Green package land the C's Lebron?
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2011, 12:02:13 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Honestly, they should trade Wade. Despite the bad PR and the fact that Wade is (or was) the face of the Heat since being drafted, he and LeBron are too similar.

Not to say they can't win with both of them on the team, but their (offensive) value is significantly less together than when they are apart.

Their is a reason the Cavs were really good and the Heat are struggling. The Cavs were built around him. The Heat were thrown together. I guess they have six years to get it right, but if it takes them several years to do it, they already failed.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2011, 12:15:24 AM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Honestly, they should trade Wade. Despite the bad PR and the fact that Wade is (or was) the face of the Heat since being drafted, he and LeBron are too similar.

Not to say they can't win with both of them on the team, but their (offensive) value is significantly less together than when they are apart.

Their is a reason the Cavs were really good and the Heat are struggling. The Cavs were built around him. The Heat were thrown together. I guess they have six years to get it right, but if it takes them several years to do it, they already failed.

The difference between the Cavs and Heat was the CLE had decent role players and 1 big star.  In MIA you have 2 big stars, another star, and the rest is trash (Miller will not be 100% until next season and UD may not come back).

I don't think the problem is LBJ and D3 not being able to play together.  It's the rest of the team that brings them down.  Guys like Arroyo (who's now green), Chamlers, House, Stack (now released), Dampier, J Howard, are all NBA rejects at this point in their careers.  The Heat will be a scary team if they can just add a few decent players to the rotation. 

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2011, 12:27:27 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
UD may not come back.

Haslem is rehabbing well and there is a pretty good chance that he comes back before the playoffs. He is the fourth best player on that team...and his return should help them a lot.

Miami Heat forward Udonis Haslem said Tuesday he remains on schedule to return this season from the torn ligament in his left foot.

"It looks good. I think it's a little ahead of schedule," Haslem said of the timetable that had him returning in April from his Nov. 20 injury.

Haslem moved Monday into a walking boot, which he will be required to wear for six weeks.

Link (this is from Jan 4th.)

Monday's practice also featured an appearance by sidelined power forward Udonis Haslem, who walked on the court following practice, still at least a month away from returning from November foot surgery.

"He's walking right now," Spoelstra said. "He's doing a lot of exercises."

LInk (this is from Feb.21st)
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2011, 01:09:43 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

The difference between the Cavs and Heat was the CLE had decent role players and 1 big star.  In MIA you have 2 big stars, another star, and the rest is trash (Miller will not be 100% until next season and UD may not come back).

I don't think the problem is LBJ and D3 not being able to play together.  It's the rest of the team that brings them down.  Guys like Arroyo (who's now green), Chamlers, House, Stack (now released), Dampier, J Howard, are all NBA rejects at this point in their careers.  The Heat will be a scary team if they can just add a few decent players to the rotation.  

Will those decent players get enough touches to play up to their usual decent level?  IMO that's an important question....The Heat are a good and dangerous team already, but no one knows if we've already seen them at their best.  I mean, they've won a lot of games this year in which both Lebron and Wade had monster games.....and lost a few under the same circumstances.  I think it's an open question.....can they get any better than they are even with moderately better reserves and filler?  Or will that moderately better filler simply steal a bit of thunder from a thunderously good duo and excellent third banana?  I guess the only solution is more defense, which will arrive principally via center and possibly by PG too.....but how do they land quality defenders at those positions?  Injury prone vets?

EDIT:  I guess Haslem would help a bunch.  A player who doesn't need touches.  The competition may still be too tough though from teams with more balance.....

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2011, 01:21:16 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

The difference between the Cavs and Heat was the CLE had decent role players and 1 big star.  In MIA you have 2 big stars, another star, and the rest is trash (Miller will not be 100% until next season and UD may not come back).

I don't think the problem is LBJ and D3 not being able to play together.  It's the rest of the team that brings them down.  Guys like Arroyo (who's now green), Chamlers, House, Stack (now released), Dampier, J Howard, are all NBA rejects at this point in their careers.  The Heat will be a scary team if they can just add a few decent players to the rotation. 

The Cavs were 127-wins-in-two-seasons scary. The Heat already have "decent" players, they need good players. Any good team adding good players will get scarier.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2011, 03:07:37 AM »

Offline kg is king

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • KG IS THE KING
Having good players is only one part of the equation. Having the proper coaching staff and a good system is what will put them over the top. Watching a Heat game and I realized their offense is all about taking turns going 1 on 1. This time is Lebron's turn, Wade next and then Bosh. Too much isolation and dribbling and little to no movement+ball movement. They play well defensively because Wade and Lebron are both excellent perimeter defenders.

On the "to do list to become elite"

Get a good offensive system and a defensive stopper big man
"I'm from the bottom, I understand what it's like to have and to not have. My perception on giving is to put yourself in those people's shoes and go from there. So that's what I did. " - The One and Only KG

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2011, 04:44:01 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
I would probably do this deal but I really dont like leBron's attitude. Coming to Boston changes alot of player's attitudes though. I think it is workable.

He might actually get all the attention he gets now but for a different reason...for winning.

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2011, 08:03:24 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
One thing I never saw discussed during the Heat signings was if those 3 guys got no trade clauses.  Does anyone know? If they did, the Heat are really screwed.

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2011, 08:28:33 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
getting that attitude on our team is NOT just for fun

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2011, 09:16:37 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It would not be fun to have your go to guy miss all those shots....

He is the anti-Celtic all me no team.

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2011, 09:38:17 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
It's in interesting deal and one that would benefit Miami more than Boston now but, Boston would be better when the big 3 retired since James is the best player in the league.  Miami's problem is having both Wade and LJ in the court at the same time sort of cancels out some of their strengths.  With a more balanced team they would be better.  I think Green is actually more talented than Bosh and in a few years will prove it to everyone else.  

It's sort of like saying Boston is worse without perkins.. maybe in short term but, in the long run it will end being a great deal for Boston as well.  The long term being in a couple of weeks.  

Also TP for adding the 'fun' in your title.  That can go a long way to keeping realistic fans at bay. 
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2011, 04:19:28 AM »

Offline yibanbana

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
No Miami player is not commercially marketable in the league. Even if you do not make sense in terms of basketball, it is not the case.
Come visit the author latest websites on cheap jerseys  and  nfl jerseys cheap .you can get what you want.

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2011, 07:16:16 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
Miami wouldn't do it.  Although they would like too.

Why? Do they hate money and winning?

I know we all hate lebron but the undervaluing of him on this blog is ridiculos

i attribute it to being mostly on the personal level. i also don't like Lebron but i would have a hard time denying that he's likely the best player on the planet right now.

Is he though? With the team he's on, there is no reason why they shouldn't be running away with the EC right now.

He couldn't do it in cleveland, and he cant do it this year.
i understand the heat have holes, but the greatest player on the planet should be able to elevate those around him.

yes, he is, arguably so. i'm curious, for you, who is the best player in the league? Rose? Dwight? Rondo?

the current Heat team has more than a few holes. If we quickly break it down, what they have going for them are: speed/athleticism, fastbreak scoring, tough perimeter D, getting to the line and causing turnovers. What they don't have going for them are: outside shooting, post play, halfcourt sets, rebounding on both ends, inside D, keeping TOs down, and mental toughness. That's an awful lot of flaws for a contender.

imagine an 07 Celtics team with no Perk, Rondo or Posey. That leaves us with a starting center of PJ Brown or Leon Powe? A starting PG of House or Cassell in his washed up state?
- LilRip

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2011, 08:13:38 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Miami laughs.

This would be one of the greatest steals in Boston's history.  (and I like Rondo and Green)

Only way that become a decent trade is if Lebron demands a trade and has an out clause at the end of the season. 

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2011, 08:16:30 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Different question:  Could Green + both of our first rounders land us Rivers in 2012?

No, but it could be the building blocks for a sign and trade for a star to put next to Rondo.  (a FA star who wants to go to Boston)