Author Topic: Orioles' Adam Jones Berated by Racist Taunts at Fenway Park  (Read 28221 times)

Re: Orioles' Adam Jones Berated by Racist Taunts at Fenway Park
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2017, 08:01:38 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
 ::).....::::sigh::::.....

Greg

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2017, 08:02:51 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Man, hats off to Turtleboy Sports at this point. They should get the standing ovation.

http://turtleboysports.com/adam-jones-makes-up-obvious-lie-about-60-red-sox-fans-yelling-racial-slurs-at-him-barstool-sports-msm-buy-into-it-and-demand-sox-fans-give-jones-standing-ovation/

This is not the Subban tweet situation redux.

Yet not one person in the stands or the Orioles heard it except for him. Cool story bro.

Visit SoSH, someone who was there last night also heard it. I recommend that you refrain from a kneejerk denial just as you wish people would refrain from kneejerk condemnation in other circumstances. There was actually something to condemn last night. It's not just a virtue signaling event.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2017, 08:04:03 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
Man, hats off to Turtleboy Sports at this point. They should get the standing ovation.

http://turtleboysports.com/adam-jones-makes-up-obvious-lie-about-60-red-sox-fans-yelling-racial-slurs-at-him-barstool-sports-msm-buy-into-it-and-demand-sox-fans-give-jones-standing-ovation/

This is not the Subban tweet situation redux.

Yet not one person in the stands or the Orioles heard it except for him. Cool story bro.

Visit SoSH, someone who was there last night also heard it. I recommend that you refrain from a kneejerk denial just as you wish people would refrain from kneejerk condemnation in other circumstances. There was actually something to condemn last night. It's not just a virtue signaling event.

im gonna venture to guess theres nothing thats gonna change his mind.
Greg

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2017, 08:15:02 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
I wasn't even going address anonymous posters on an online forum. I care about reliable witnesses, evidence and facts, as I've already said.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2017, 08:16:25 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
I wasn't even going address anonymous posters on an online forum. I care about reliable witnesses, evidence and facts, as I've already said.

witnesses were pointed out to you and you refuse to acknowledge it.  you sound more like a troll at this point, which is sad considering the topic
Greg

« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2017, 08:21:39 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey

witnesses were pointed out to you and you refuse to acknowledge it.  you sound more like a troll at this point, which is sad considering the topic

You can name call and sigh all you want, facts don't care about your feelings.

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2017, 08:24:21 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Adam Jones was given a warm applause today. Classy move by many fans to hopefully make a bigger impact than the terrible things said by a couple of jerks.

The problem with an incident like this is that one or two people can have more of an impact than 28,000 other baseball fans. No one cares about how the polite people acted. We jump to focus on the jerks.

I think that racist people are despicable. I also think that blanketing the city as racist is silly.

« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2017, 08:58:21 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
“I was called the N-word a handful of times tonight,’’ Jones said disgustedly.

This day and age this alleged racist tirade would have been recorded and the person would have been doxed by now, so this did not happen. Jones is lying.

So you know ahead of time that someone is going to be dropping the N bomb at a player and have your phone out ready to capture it?

C'mon....   ::)   Stuff still flies under the radar and isn't captured electronically this day & age.

Every little confrontation that springs up is videotaped. "Handful of times", you mean to tell me you believe someone used that word, even once, at a public ballpark, and nobody got their phones out? I like facts, evidence or reliable eyewitnesses, Jones has none of those things on his side. Just a bunch of SJW's quick to pat themselves on the back and condemn racism. Well guess what? I condemn it too, when it actually exists.

Where's the video of the peanut throwing? The dudes smoking weed? The fights? The abusive language?

There were 30 ejections. How many were videotaped? Any? Doesn't that disprove your point?
I think if this were some sort of a nightly thing at Fenway we'd definitely see video of it.

That said Jones' story is starting to seem more true bit by bit. Per the radio today the team spoke with Red Sox players today and the players confirmed this has happened in the past.  I think we will know more over time.

That said I still question the general concept here. If Boston is such a racist city it certainly isn't hurting the Patriots....aka most popular team in NFL for free agents....the one everybody wants to be traded to.

And certainly nobody is yelling stuff at Marcus Smart. He'd be in the stands eventually.

As much as I hate to admit it perception is reality at times, and I think it's well within the realm of possibility that in the minds of many pro players Boston and/or a team or two of ours are perceived as racist (at least among African Americans).  And we can cry about that or deal with it.

I would be very curious to see a poll of pro players asking them what city or fan base they feel they have the most racist experiences in. And I wouldn't mind seeing it sorted out by race.

I'd be very curious if hispanic players felt different than white ones from black ones, from mixed race ones, etc.

It wouldn't shock me if drunk fans always yell stuff at players of rivalries. And Boston has a lot of rivalries. And I suspect we have a lot of drunks.

« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2017, 09:31:00 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
“I was called the N-word a handful of times tonight,’’ Jones said disgustedly.

This day and age this alleged racist tirade would have been recorded and the person would have been doxed by now, so this did not happen. Jones is lying.

So you know ahead of time that someone is going to be dropping the N bomb at a player and have your phone out ready to capture it?

C'mon....   ::)   Stuff still flies under the radar and isn't captured electronically this day & age.

Every little confrontation that springs up is videotaped. "Handful of times", you mean to tell me you believe someone used that word, even once, at a public ballpark, and nobody got their phones out? I like facts, evidence or reliable eyewitnesses, Jones has none of those things on his side. Just a bunch of SJW's quick to pat themselves on the back and condemn racism. Well guess what? I condemn it too, when it actually exists.

Where's the video of the peanut throwing? The dudes smoking weed? The fights? The abusive language?

There were 30 ejections. How many were videotaped? Any? Doesn't that disprove your point?
I think if this were some sort of a nightly thing at Fenway we'd definitely see video of it.

That said Jones' story is starting to seem more true bit by bit. Per the radio today the team spoke with Red Sox players today and the players confirmed this has happened in the past.  I think we will know more over time.

That said I still question the general concept here. If Boston is such a racist city it certainly isn't hurting the Patriots....aka most popular team in NFL for free agents....the one everybody wants to be traded to.

And certainly nobody is yelling stuff at Marcus Smart. He'd be in the stands eventually.

As much as I hate to admit it perception is reality at times, and I think it's well within the realm of possibility that in the minds of many pro players Boston and/or a team or two of ours are perceived as racist (at least among African Americans).  And we can cry about that or deal with it.

I would be very curious to see a poll of pro players asking them what city or fan base they feel they have the most racist experiences in. And I wouldn't mind seeing it sorted out by race.

I'd be very curious if hispanic players felt different than white ones from black ones, from mixed race ones, etc.

It wouldn't shock me if drunk fans always yell stuff at players of rivalries. And Boston has a lot of rivalries. And I suspect we have a lot of drunks.

there are bad apples in every city, it happens everywhere.  It even happened to Jones last year in Toronto, he said fans were hurling racial slurs at him and Hyun Soo Kim, they even threw a beer at Kim.

That story got a lot of attention too and an apology from the Blue Jays.  I think the reason this is getting a lot more attention is that it is in Boston and also that Jones is saying its the worst hes seen in his 12 year career.

I think a story like this will always be a bigger deal in Boston bc thats the perception of the city that lot of people have whether its fair or not.

Greg

« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2017, 10:14:35 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
wow
Greg

« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2017, 11:48:32 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
In a court of law, evidence, reliable witnesses, and facts would be required by the side of the accuser. Jones has the luxury of avoiding all of those little variables that determine innocent or guilt, he gets to rely on an old reputation and the support of reactionary social justice warriors who love the narrative so much they sort of just plow through all the details.

Sounds to me like Jones, who has a history of playing the victim card, was being taunted and harassed and couldn't handle it, so he exaggerated the experience. He's already backed off his original claim. Too bad because it's guilty before innocent in the court of public opinion. The city suffers for this.

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2017, 12:32:27 AM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
In a court of law, evidence, reliable witnesses, and facts would be required by the side of the accuser. Jones has the luxury of avoiding all of those little variables that determine innocent or guilt, he gets to rely on an old reputation and the support of reactionary social justice warriors who love the narrative so much they sort of just plow through all the details.

Sounds to me like Jones, who has a history of playing the victim card, was being taunted and harassed and couldn't handle it, so he exaggerated the experience. He's already backed off his original claim. Too bad because it's guilty before innocent in the court of public opinion. The city suffers for this.

This is not a court of law. And the court of public opinion has unfair rules of evidence. Deal with it. Jones misstating how many people were ejected is irrelevant, anyway. What you think is evidence of him changing his story, ain't the evidence you think it is. He said he heard it a few times, not that he was called it by dozens of people. Look, I'm probably as anti-SJW as you are, but unfortunately there actually are times when black people are actually called the n-word by hostiles, in which case the right stance to take is to be appalled by it and the wrong stance is to play the role of unrelenting defense attorney in order to discredit the claim. Stipulate that he was called it. What would your reaction be?

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2017, 01:14:11 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
Surely a credible eyewitness would have stepped forward by now to help identify this hate criminal, yet there are no witnesses and no video to speak of, don't you find that the least bit odd?

I know it makes you feel good and noble to take this position you are taking, but it isn't a sound position based on what we know. Jones has a history of trying to bring social issues to the forefront in baseball. This exaggeration has only helped further that cause. I'm sure the end justifies the means, as far as he is concerned.

« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2017, 01:18:43 AM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Stipulate that he was called it. What would your reaction be?

« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2017, 01:22:20 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
Stipulate that he was called it. What would your reaction be?

I strongly condemn that type of language and behavior. I reject all forms of collectivism, racism is the ugliest.