Author Topic: daniel theis  (Read 7353 times)

daniel theis
« on: July 19, 2017, 10:30:47 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
He seems to have elite wingspan probably a high standing reach-good motor and vertical and has defensive DNA
I have watched his highlites a lot of dunks a few mid range and a couple of threes
I know he was a free agent and there must have been some cross scouting
He seems from memory to have short neck so maybe he plays much bigger than his height measurement-
What is behind this with roster spots so critical.?
Now he has to adjust to speed of game,is he here to keep zizic company?
I looked for some explanation but couldn't find one

Re: daniel theis
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 10:35:59 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
It's a Hail Mary.....
Cheap defensive minded pf/c.

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 10:40:35 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Like you rollie, I watched the youtube highlights and saw mostly dunks off lob passes with an occasional jumpshot mixed in...not much to go on, though he does seem pretty agile.  I really doubt it has anything to do with Zizic who is Croatian and Theis is a German...guess we'll have to wait and see what happens in training camp.

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 01:35:08 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
That is hilarious Rollie..... a short neck? That is definitely a new measurement that I haven't seen yet. Maybe we can stretch it? TP for the laugh.

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 02:16:42 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
hey some people have long necks adds to their height but not to standing reach-glad i made you laugh-maybe it was angle of shot but i remember thinking he neck looked short-
-now i.m laughing  TP back at ya.but their are guys with short necks -no neck newie a collector back in book making days ,and football player /doorman in disco days that knocked my tooth out -a lineman

i dare you look up chris bosch look how long his neck is-i hate being laughed at but laughed with is a different story

marcus morris has 2 inch better standing vertica- and 2 inch greater max vertical
the celtics got the better jumper
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 03:01:15 PM by rollie mass »

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 11:15:05 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1574
hey some people have long necks adds to their height but not to standing reach-glad i made you laugh-maybe it was angle of shot but i remember thinking he neck looked short-
-now i.m laughing  TP back at ya.but their are guys with short necks -no neck newie a collector back in book making days ,and football player /doorman in disco days that knocked my tooth out -a lineman

i dare you look up chris bosch look how long his neck is-i hate being laughed at but laughed with is a different story

marcus morris has 2 inch better standing vertica- and 2 inch greater max vertical

WHy do you think Chris Bosh was called

BOSTRICH??

exactly
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 11:20:45 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Walt "no neck" Williams.

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 11:39:56 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Thought is a good 3 pt shooter. Actually pretty much everyone we added minus allen this off season are good at the 3

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2017, 11:52:26 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
This guy should be the focus of a lot of great prop bets among Celtics fans this season.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 12:21:34 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
So, Theis is nice?  Dude made Zizic look like Charles Smith.

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2017, 12:23:33 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Like you rollie, I watched the youtube highlights and saw mostly dunks off lob passes with an occasional jumpshot mixed in...not much to go on, though he does seem pretty agile.  I really doubt it has anything to do with Zizic who is Croatian and Theis is a German...guess we'll have to wait and see what happens in training camp.

A German and a Croatian walked into the Balkans...

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2017, 12:26:54 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

WHy do you think Chris Bosh was called

BOSTRICH??

exactly

I always thought that Bosh would be the perfect mascot for the Raptors given that he doesn't even need a costume to do the job.

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2017, 12:27:49 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
That is hilarious Rollie..... a short neck? That is definitely a new measurement that I haven't seen yet. Maybe we can stretch it? TP for the laugh.
You may laugh, but my neck plays a big part in my height. Probably adds an extra inch or so. A short neck probably means the rest of his body is longer :D

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2017, 02:56:50 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
He seems to have elite wingspan probably a high standing reach-good motor and vertical and has defensive DNA
I have watched his highlites a lot of dunks a few mid range and a couple of threes
I know he was a free agent and there must have been some cross scouting
He seems from memory to have short neck so maybe he plays much bigger than his height measurement-
What is behind this with roster spots so critical.?
Now he has to adjust to speed of game,is he here to keep zizic company?
I looked for some explanation but couldn't find one

Literally the first highlight I watched of him was him blocking Zizic three times in a row in EuroLeague.

Could very well have been cross-scouting involved.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2017, 02:59:05 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
You may laugh, but my neck plays a big part in my height. Probably adds an extra inch or so. A short neck probably means the rest of his body is longer :D
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aI67KDJRnvQ&feature=youtu.be