Author Topic: Stephen A. Not A Jaylen Brown Fan  (Read 2363 times)

BudweiserCeltic, ozgod and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: Stephen A. Not A Jaylen Brown Fan
« Reply #15 on: Yesterday at 05:14:29 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 974
Well, give me a choice to become friends with Jaylen Brown or Smith, and its Brown 100 out of 100 times.

Anything to try and cause a bit of chaos for the Celtics right now.

I'll become friends with BringToughnessBack over Stephen A. Smith as well  :)

😂🍷

« Reply #16 on: Yesterday at 11:31:48 PM »

Offline 0003323344

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
This guy is such a tool. He just says the opposite of what everybody knows is true.

« Reply #17 on: Today at 12:01:08 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 399
The quality and direction of media discourse has me seriously considering leaving this sport behind after the season.  They harm their own product, either passively through neglect or actively through hit pieces like this.  Want to know why Jaylen isn't "marketable"?  It's because these heads haven't made any effort to market him. 

They've poisoned their own well.

The C’s must have a poor marketing team then. The media hates on them bad lol
- LilRip

« Reply #18 on: Today at 04:38:15 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 194
He seems to be liked/respected by his teammates…who cares how well liked he is around the rest of the nba

« Reply #19 on: Today at 07:16:18 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2981
Like most of the major media outlets, not fans of Boston. Or anything not LA or NY

« Reply #20 on: Today at 10:00:48 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1483
Glad someone called SAS out…

NBA legend and two-time champion Isiah Thomas took an issue with Stephen A. Smith’s source. Thomas took to social media to defend Jaylen Brown as the two have had a relationship for years. “I have been a friend, mentor and advisor to (Brown) since he was a student at UC Berkeley,” Thomas said in a post. “He is 100 percent marketable and before you slander his name (Smith) tell your source to put their name on it or don’t speak on it. Let it be known.”  – via Booth Newspapers
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #21 on: Today at 10:22:47 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 732
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Stephen A Smith thinks he is the king maker in sports when in all reality most of the athletes he name drops thinks he is a clown.

The guy has a sense of self worth no one else sees and sports would be much better if he disappeared for good.
« Last Edit: Today at 11:28:07 AM by celticinorlando »

« Reply #22 on: Today at 10:52:11 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1214
He seems to be liked/respected by his teammates…who cares how well liked he is around the rest of the nba

He's also one of the VPs of the players union, so clearly other players respect him
I'm bitter.

« Reply #23 on: Today at 12:56:01 PM »

Online ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1411

NBA legend and two-time champion Isiah Thomas took an issue with Stephen A. Smith’s source. Thomas took to social media to defend Jaylen Brown as the two have had a relationship for years. “I have been a friend, mentor and advisor to (Brown) since he was a student at UC Berkeley,” Thomas said in a post. “He is 100 percent marketable and before you slander his name (Smith) tell your source to put their name on it or don’t speak on it. Let it be known.”  – via Booth Newspapers

Stephen A took issue with Isiah calling him out publicly to reveal his source, saying he was upset that Isiah "would choose to go on X to expressed whatever dissent you feel instead of calling me directly". He feels Isiah should have have a private word to him instead.

https://x.com/stephenasmith/status/1794781938890277370

Maybe if Stephen A didn't want to be called out publicly he shouldn't have called Jaylen out publicly  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #24 on: Today at 01:32:05 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3049
  • On To Banner 18!

Stephen A took issue with Isiah calling him out publicly to reveal his source, saying he was upset that Isiah "would choose to go on X to expressed whatever dissent you feel instead of calling me directly". He feels Isiah should have have a private word to him instead.

https://x.com/stephenasmith/status/1794781938890277370

Maybe if Stephen A didn't want to be called out publicly he shouldn't have called Jaylen out publicly  :angel:

Jaylen also directly called him out on Twitter lol and SAS responded. And First take did a segment about it too

What a clown… it’s not just Jaylen even others in the past like Durant have dealt with him and called him out. I’m glad more and more folks are calling him and ESPN out on this stuff
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #25 on: Today at 01:44:21 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 732
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Stephen a smith playing the victim is hilarious. And he never misses a chance to throw a jab at the Celtics.
What a putz