Author Topic: Report: Lee unhappy in Boston due to Rondo's play style  (Read 31142 times)

Re: Report: Lee unhappy in Boston due to Rondo's play style
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2013, 09:03:27 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Sounds like Ray

It's a fair criticism.  Rondo's style pretty much precludes the two guards he plays with from doing  much with the ball in their hands.  I'm sure Jason Terry has been frustrated by that at times, too.  Not to mention Barbosa.

But hey, they'll all get their chance now.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2013, 09:03:37 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I'll admit I'm not surprised.

Ha. Nice Sig, it's much improved.

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2013, 09:03:50 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
You know what? Lee is a journeyman bench SG or fringe starter at best and has been on 4 teams in 5 years. The last thing he should be doing is complaining about how an offense runs, how many touches he gets or anything else.

He's just gotten to a good team for the first time since his rookie year. And before the season is half over and just after that team's starting PG and All-Star goes down with a season ending injury, he starts complaining?

Ship him out of town along with Bass. I don't need role players complaining about how the team is being run, their playing time or their touches. When the Big Three came together they all sacrificed their touches and shots and the way they were used to things being run in favor of a team concept. Last thing I want while those players are still on the team is role players complaining about stuff those HOFers sacrificed to win a championship.

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2013, 09:05:13 PM »

Offline Quinn

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 28
makes a lot of sense. I think a lot of guys have issues with Rondo secretly.
I think so too.  Nothing to back that up with, but just a feeling.

I've been hearing on some of the sport shows that the locker room is tense because of Rondo. Not sure how true these are, and its funny its just coming out after he gets hurt.

If true and the guys play looser and they start wining, I wouldn't be surprised right before training camp Rondo gets moved.

Part of me wonders if that's partly because of how popular rondo is as well. He's probably in the top ten-fifteen most popular athletes In sports right now and whether he embraces it or not right now he garnishes a ton of extra media attention. Whether or not the team is winning he's the young star and the spotlights always on him
Practice? Whatchu talkin about practice?

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2013, 09:05:54 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
You know what? Lee is a journeyman bench SG or fringe starter at best and has been on 4 teams in 5 years. The last thing he should be doing is complaining about how an offense runs, how many touches he gets or anything else.

He's just gotten to a good team for the first time since his rookie year. And before the season is half over and just after that team's starting PG and All-Star goes down with a season ending injury, he starts complaining?

Ship him out of town along with Bass. I don't need role players complaining about how the team is being run, their playing time or their touches. When the Big Three came together they all sacrificed their touches and shots and the way they were used to things being run in favor of a team concept. Last thing I want while those players are still on the team is role players complaining about stuff those HOFers sacrificed to win a championship.

We're not a good team and he is only telling what many have not said. Take off your Rondo pants and see the other side to the situation. Lee has a point and is a great player, and his opinions do count. I, for one, think he is right.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2013, 09:06:39 PM »

Offline Yogi

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 255
I've heard through some back channels that the economy is going to collapse and every one should send me their money for safe keeping.  Please ignore any direct quote from economists because they are just maintaining an image.  My sources are very reliable.  They are back channels. 
CelticsBlog DKC Pelicans
J. Lin/I. Canaan/N. Wolters
E. Gordon/A. Shved
N. Batum/A. Roberson
A. Davis/K. Olynyk/M. Scott
D. Cousins/A. Baynes/V. Faverani
Rights: A. Abrines, R. Neto, L. Jean-Charles  Coach: M. Williams

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2013, 09:07:30 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Sounds like Ray

Not that it matters now, but I'm beginning to see a trend here.

Yup. I think Doc needs to move away from this play style in future years if we don't want to alienate every capable 2-guard that comes to Boston.

i started another thread that said this and everyone wanted my head. glad you guys see it!

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2013, 09:07:35 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

We're not a good team and he is only telling what many have not said. Take off your Rondo pants and see the other side to the situation. Lee has a point and is a great player, and his opinions do count. I, for one, think he is right.

lee is a great player now? ??? ::)

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2013, 09:08:09 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!

tp for you sir

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2013, 09:10:50 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
It's a double-edged sword. Doc wants to turn the keys over to Rondo but at times the ball movement suffers because of it. We'll see how the guards play now without him. C's are really going to need them to up their game.

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2013, 09:11:37 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Ever think maybe the problem is with Rondo? Every time I see Lee playing, he's hustling his as* off.

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2013, 09:12:11 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

The reason we are not a good team probably has more to do with so many players that want things done their way and want their touches than it has to do with Rondo.

Lee, Barbosa and Bass have all complained about getting time and touches. That's never happened here during the Big Three era because it was TEAM first. I don't see Sully, Pierce, KG, or Bradley doing that. Just players that want their games not being sacrificed for the good of the team.

Seems to me this must be the reason this guy has been on 4 teams in 5 years.

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2013, 09:13:00 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
and secondly, you all are acting like this isn't anything more than a glorified rumor.

The thing with Ray and Bass is they openly said these things. Don't think Courtney is THAT dumb. Though, I do think if he has a problem he should shut up (which he has).

I think guys are going to love their opportunities for the next couple games and rise to the occasion.

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2013, 09:14:53 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I've seen Terry frustrated a few times already when he's open in the corner and the pass is not going to him, even on those games when he's actually hitting his shots.

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2013, 09:16:32 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

Lee has not gone out and said this to the media.  Have you (or anyone) heard him say it?  Lowe says he got this out of "back channels".  Lee is entitled to his feelings and opinions and he's allowed to share those opinions with who he is close to.  If that leaks, it leaks, but he's not going out and selfishly complaining about it publicly.  And when we have as much offensive talent as we do and our offense is as inefficient as it is, well there are 2 natural places to blame - the guy designing the offense (Doc) or the guy running the offense (Rondo).

If the 2008 celtics were under .500 at this point in the season, I have a feeling there would have been grumbling.  I think if everything was ticking, Courtney wouldn't be a unhappy at all.  I believe there is reason for EVERYONE on this team to be unhappy with how the offense is performing and because it is performing far lower than what is expected of them.  Where you place your blame... like I said I think it comes down to 2 possible places.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur