Author Topic: My bout with Covid  (Read 13888 times)

Re: My bout with Covid
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2020, 03:49:17 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Wishing you a full recovery. It’s a good reminder to take this seriously.

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2020, 06:45:44 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
Nickagenta:

Thanks for sharing and certainly glad to hear you're doing better. All the best on your continued recovery.

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2020, 07:04:48 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Thanks for your story Nick, had been wondering where you'd been. Thought you'd be all over Jaylen Brown kicking butt in the bubble.

Glad to hear you're regaining your strength, even if slowly. You're no doubt more aware of the precautions to be taken than most anyone. Hopefully the C's can give you a nice distraction while your health continues to build :)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2020, 10:22:06 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Nick, thanks for sharing your story. Hope you're feeling well and continue to recover to 100 percent. Just wondering, what is your age?

It really struck a reminder to me to be extra cautious again esp going to outdoor or shopping places like Wal-Mart, Sam's Club or Target too. It's always crowded and I try to distance myself even if I am wearing a mask.
I'm 55 and was in good health and good shape. I speed walk 6 miles a day and do about 45 minutes of swimming 3-4 times a week. Or at least I was doing that until Covid shut down the Y in March. Still did the walking but not the swimming.

I see. Wow, that's very healthy of you if you speed walk 6 miles a day do swimming. Reading your story, it sounds extremely painful when you were going through that phase. I'm more of a potato couch these days (haven't worked out/played ball in forever), and I can't imagine what damage it would do to me if I were to catch it and I work in a clinic.

Well, glad to hear you are doing fine right now. Hopefully, you'll be able to manage through those lasting effects from the lungs and everything else. Once you get covid, the lungs become compromised and can leave a permanent effect to it.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2020, 08:57:15 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Wow, sorry to hear your story with covid but so happy you are beating it. Prayers to you. Thank you for sharing what has to be an incredibly raw ordeal. It is no joke.

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2020, 09:14:48 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Sorry to hear you caught this horrible disease Nick but very glad you're in recovery

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2020, 10:32:06 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
Glad to hear that you are on the mend, Nick and thanks for sharing your story. It's one thing to talk about this disease in the abstract when we talk about case counts and infection rates (as we did in the Coronavirus Concerns thread) but it's another thing to hear of the human experience of going through it and coming out the other side. I had a good friend of mine catch it as well, he's from Switzerland and he was same age as you and in good health, but it knocked him out for a month and unlike you he had to be intubated. Fortunately, like you he recovered. But his experience, like yours, is a sobering thought and should act as a deterrent to those people who think it's just no big deal.

Best of luck in your recovery.  :)
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2020, 07:05:56 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Again, thank you all my CS brothers and sisters for the well wishes.

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2020, 09:33:56 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2020, 11:53:49 PM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79

Any lingering symptoms?

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2020, 12:24:39 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
So glad to hear that you have fought it off and recovered, Master Nick.

And thanks for sharing. I thought I already knew what I needed to know with COVID-19, but this is really eye opening.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2020, 12:25:32 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Get better Nick

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2020, 09:09:50 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Feel better Nick, we're thinking of you.

Mike

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2020, 10:26:00 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Any lingering symptoms?
Actually, yes, a couple. It seems to have changed my taste buds. Some stuff I used to like I don't anymore, and some stuff I hated I now like. Very strange but so was not being able to taste anything for like 3 weeks. At least my sense of taste has returned even if it is a bit different.

My vision got worse. I had just gone to the optometrist  about a month before the illness and got new contacts and glasses. Luckily Lens Crafters made a deal with me and I just yesterday had another appointment and will be getting new lenses and contacts.

My lung capacity is still not 100%. I am back to speed walking but can only do about half the distance and I went to the beach and tried swimming and that was a major chore. But it is much better than when I got out of the hospital some 4 weeks ago so, slow and steady goes the recovery.

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2020, 03:27:57 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Any lingering symptoms?
Actually, yes, a couple. It seems to have changed my taste buds. Some stuff I used to like I don't anymore, and some stuff I hated I now like. Very strange but so was not being able to taste anything for like 3 weeks. At least my sense of taste has returned even if it is a bit different.

My vision got worse. I had just gone to the optometrist  about a month before the illness and got new contacts and glasses. Luckily Lens Crafters made a deal with me and I just yesterday had another appointment and will be getting new lenses and contacts.

My lung capacity is still not 100%. I am back to speed walking but can only do about half the distance and I went to the beach and tried swimming and that was a major chore. But it is much better than when I got out of the hospital some 4 weeks ago so, slow and steady goes the recovery.

The long term effects for people who get better are under-discused. Thanks so much for coming forward with this and I'm glad you are on the mend. Be careful as I have read that the Covid condition can make you very vunerable to other respatory problems. You are a highly respected member of this blog and we need you.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 03:39:42 PM by liam »