Author Topic: Kyrie and Jimmy Butler Want To Play Together  (Read 12389 times)

Kyrie and Jimmy Butler Want To Play Together
« on: July 03, 2018, 09:25:06 PM »

Offline AUS_Celtics

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 5
https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/jimmy-butler-and-kyrie-irving-could-have-plans-to-try-and-take-over-the-east/

"A league source close to the situation told the Sun-Times on Tuesday that Kyrie Irving and former Bulls All-Star Jimmy Butler are still trying to figure out a way to play together. Whether that means the Celtics try and acquire Butler this summer or the two simply wait a year, both opt out of their player options after the season, and join forces that way.

Either way, the two former Team USA Basketball teammates are looking for a destination to build an elite backcourt, whether that’s in Celtics green or elsewhere in the East.

Not that this hasn’t been lurking for quite some time, either."

Fake the funk!

Re: Kyrie and Jimmy Butler Want To Play Together
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 09:31:11 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Let's see how bad Kyrie wants to play with Jimmy once he realizes Jaylen is a way better player

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 09:38:12 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Why is Kyrie becoming a distraction?

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 09:39:27 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 10:37:08 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
Garbage reporting..

This was talked about when Kyrie was still in Cle... 

No one is reporting how Kyrie has wanted to play with Hayward since before Lebron Came back to Cle. Irving actually said this. but I guess that doesn't matter because he didn't say he wanted to play in Boston forever when asked...

Trash.

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 11:00:57 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Cousins just signed the MLE to join Golden State. All those stars in the West just signed on one year contracts and now know with the way the Warriors are they have no shot whatsoever at the finals. A year from now where are they all gonna want to go? Exactly.

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 11:50:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Let's see how bad Kyrie wants to play with Jimmy once he realizes Jaylen is a way better player

I dont think he cares

Irving and Butler are like best buds

Got a bad feeling both will opt out after this season and sign with the Knicks

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2018, 11:57:20 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Didn't click the above link, but we know he was a distraction back in CLE.  And for good reason -- people here were recently floating the idea that Kawhi deserved legal action from the Spurs for threatening to sit out unless he was traded to LA.  So it's pretty silly that Kyrie is beyond reproach on the same blog. 

But, think about it... who had a worse 2018 playoffs than Kyrie Irving?  Beyond the self-centered errors in judgment, the baby Celtics proved his value was vastly overrated by (a) coming 1 win away from the Finals, as a team, and (b) showing very significant growth and potential, individually.  And maybe worse, CLE limped their way to yet another Finals without him, and even Love, for two important stretches.  Big picture: He was expendable to both teams, even despite pretty underwhelming PG replacements. 

I don't judge other people with mental health issues, and I can empathize with a lot of crazy.  But Kyrie shows clear signs of narcissistic traits that do not hold up well to the above situation.  So what's his most likely response? If he has any insight into the situation at all -- and he may not, especially with how much he's reinforced -- he will seek even higher levels of external validation.  That alone would account for more self-focused and distracting actions.   
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2018, 11:58:27 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

I dont think he cares

Irving and Butler are like best buds

Got a bad feeling both will opt out after this season and sign with the Knicks
lets get some more picks in a trade!!!

wooooooo
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 11:58:42 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Didn't click the above link, but we know he was a distraction back in CLE.  And for good reason -- people here were recently floating the idea that Kawhi deserved legal action from the Spurs for threatening to sit out unless he was traded to LA.  So it's pretty silly that Kyrie is beyond reproach on the same blog. 

But, think about it... who had a worse 2018 playoffs than Kyrie Irving?  Beyond the self-centered errors in judgment, the baby Celtics proved his value was vastly overrated by (a) coming 1 win away from the Finals, as a team, and (b) showing very significant growth and potential, individually.  And maybe worse, CLE limped their way to yet another Finals without him, and even Love, for two important stretches.  Big picture: He was expendable to both teams, even despite pretty underwhelming PG replacements. 

I don't judge other people with mental health issues, and I can empathize with a lot of crazy.  But Kyrie shows clear signs of narcissistic traits that do not hold up well to the above situation.  So what's his most likely response? If he has any insight into the situation at all -- and he may not, especially with how much he's reinforced -- he will seek even higher levels of external validation.  That alone would account for more self-focused and distracting actions.
Hahahahah. Oh my god. Hahahaha
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2018, 12:07:03 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Plus his knee got infected

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2018, 01:07:15 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617

Plus his knee got infected

LOL.

(Kyrie for KAT works no?)
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2018, 01:10:10 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Garbage reporting..

This was talked about when Kyrie was still in Cle... 

No one is reporting how Kyrie has wanted to play with Hayward since before Lebron Came back to Cle. Irving actually said this. but I guess that doesn't matter because he didn't say he wanted to play in Boston forever when asked...

Trash.

This needs more visibility.

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2018, 01:15:41 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2018, 01:24:33 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527

Ha!!!