Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery  (Read 326570 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery
« Reply #195 on: October 11, 2014, 11:45:56 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Can somebody do me a favor and post the time of the draft and the draft order?
MK reshared the draft time... October 15 at 12:00pm eastern.

Draft order can be found here:  http://nedyken.com/cbpl/offseason-tracking/ ... Click on the "draft order" tab.

Have those trades on the trade log been announced by Byennie? I don't remember seeing them anywhere.
That's his live spreadsheet that he shared with everyone a while ago (literally the first post of this thread).  I'm just embedding it on that page.   You can bookmark it to see the offseason trade announcements.  The rosters should be updated/accurate too.  The ones on Yahoo haven't been updated yet.

« Reply #196 on: October 12, 2014, 01:25:27 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Can somebody do me a favor and post the time of the draft and the draft order?
MK reshared the draft time... October 15 at 12:00pm eastern.

Draft order can be found here:  http://nedyken.com/cbpl/offseason-tracking/ ... Click on the "draft order" tab.

Have those trades on the trade log been announced by Byennie? I don't remember seeing them anywhere.
That's his live spreadsheet that he shared with everyone a while ago (literally the first post of this thread).  I'm just embedding it on that page.   You can bookmark it to see the offseason trade announcements.  The rosters should be updated/accurate too.  The ones on Yahoo haven't been updated yet.

Thanks I was asking b/c a trade I sent in a couple weeks ago is neither on that sheet nor in the thread.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #197 on: October 12, 2014, 02:01:58 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707
Unduntu Yall's and Utah's 2015 1st rounders are available as a package for a 2014 1st. I can include Toine's Boys 2015 1st as well if that 2014 1st is in the top 6

« Reply #198 on: October 12, 2014, 08:59:46 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
If anyone is interested in Anthony Morrow with the whole Durant thing going on let me know

« Reply #199 on: October 13, 2014, 08:43:45 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
So my draft day will be boring, I have no picks.  But...my roster is wide open for trades.

Trey Burke
Isaiah Canaan
Robert Covington
Luol Deng
Blake Griffin
John Henson
J.J. Hickson
Serge Ibaka
Kyrie Irving
Kosta Koufos
Ricky Ledo
Kawhi Leonard
Miles Plumlee
Andre Roberson
Cody Zeller
Nikola Mirotic

« Reply #200 on: October 13, 2014, 01:17:25 PM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 2746
  • 2012 PAPTBG & 2013 PAPOUG CHAMPION
I can't be here for the draft of which I have my own picks in the 1st (#16) and 2nd (#36) round. Both are available in trade. Who should I send my list to so that they can make my selection(s) for me?
G:Kemba,Payton,Hairston,Henderson,Lin
F:Parker,MKG,Budinger,Mirotic,Salmons
C:R.Lopez,Biyombo,Hickson
Coach: Shaka Smart
Rights to: Bog Bog

« Reply #201 on: October 13, 2014, 02:01:45 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
Who should I send my list to so that they can make my selection(s) for me?

Normally you'd send it in to the commish, Byennie.

Has anyone heard from him? I've sent in 3 trades and they've yet to be announced.

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #202 on: October 13, 2014, 02:23:50 PM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 2746
  • 2012 PAPTBG & 2013 PAPOUG CHAMPION

Has anyone heard from him? I've sent in 3 trades and they've yet to be announced.
He hasn't been active at CB since 10/2, I'll PM him to see if he's showing up before our draft.
G:Kemba,Payton,Hairston,Henderson,Lin
F:Parker,MKG,Budinger,Mirotic,Salmons
C:R.Lopez,Biyombo,Hickson
Coach: Shaka Smart
Rights to: Bog Bog

« Reply #203 on: October 13, 2014, 03:09:50 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

He hasn't been active at CB since 10/2, I'll PM him to see if he's showing up before our draft.

Yeah i've been a bit worried about our commish lately. A number of us have sent in trades with no responses, and he hasn't been around in general. Life happens of course, but having an assistant commish to pick up the slack in such cases may be a good idea, maybe someone who is around a lot and already keeping track of such things, like LB33/Bellview Leprechauns

I appreciate his efforts for sure, but this is the most important time of the year for our league in terms of needing the commish, as lots of trades go down leading up to the draft, and running the draft is a huge amount of work. Then getting the rosters into Yahoo. Once we get into Yahoo, it's much easier as the league can more or less run itself, but for this period we need a backup commish to help out or else things get messy.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 03:24:56 PM by hpantazo »

« Reply #204 on: October 13, 2014, 03:58:28 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Hi guys, sorry for the aloof commissioner-ing. I have been traveling for 2 weeks with shaky Internet but have not lost track of the trade queue or draft time. I will have Wifi tonight to process everything and start the draft thread.

Thanks for the patience and I'm also happy to take on an assistant for times like these.

« Reply #205 on: October 13, 2014, 04:15:26 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Hi guys, sorry for the aloof commissioner-ing. I have been traveling for 2 weeks with shaky Internet but have not lost track of the trade queue or draft time. I will have Wifi tonight to process everything and start the draft thread.

Thanks for the patience and I'm also happy to take on an assistant for times like these.

Sounds great commish, welcome back. I can imagine it takes a lot of work to keep all of this in order. I'd step up to help out if I had the time, but I don't, I'd be absent on too many things. I hope someone has some time to help out with keeping track of trades, confirmations, etc. as it is really a two-three man job.

« Reply #206 on: October 13, 2014, 04:47:56 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
TPs for Byennie,..... c'mon y'all!!!

« Reply #207 on: October 13, 2014, 04:51:46 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Sounds great commish, welcome back. I can imagine it takes a lot of work to keep all of this in order. I'd step up to help out if I had the time, but I don't, I'd be absent on too many things. I hope someone has some time to help out with keeping track of trades, confirmations, etc. as it is really a two-three man job.
I'd just give byennie the benefit of the doubt.  He's usually totally on top of stuff.  Looks like he's just been busy.

I'm (obviously) usually around a lot and I'm happy to help in any way I can.  I know that barefacedmonk expressed dissatisfaction with my over-involvement thus far, though.  For the record, I've never had any interest in being a commish or co-commish as it would put me in an awkward position since I'm likely one of the most aggressive folks on the trade market.  I've merely just wanted to help improve this league as much as possible... hence the microsite I've been trying to maintain.

Wasn't Gainsville an assistant under Lucky17?  If byennie needs help maintaining off-season trades, that might be someone he can give edit access to his sheet.   Honestly, though it's probably not too big of an issue once the season starts since the league pretty much runs itself.   As long as someone is on hand during draft-day to take and announce trades mid-draft.

« Reply #208 on: October 13, 2014, 05:17:33 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
Wasn't Gainsville an assistant under Lucky17?  If byennie needs help maintaining off-season trades, that might be someone he can give edit access to his sheet.   Honestly, though it's probably not too big of an issue once the season starts since the league pretty much runs itself.   As long as someone is on hand during draft-day to take and announce trades mid-draft.

I can't as i'm the commish of the H2H league now.

I think you're right -- the busiest time for the commish in these 2 leagues seems to be from when offseason trading is opened until the rosters are uploaded on Yahoo! Then things level out.

I had forgot Byennie said he was travelling.

Stuff like helping out with the draft anyone can do with the commish's blessing. (FWIW, i think this was the issue this offseason LarBird... It's not the helping or the commish who will mind, but the other 18 GMs need to know who official communication is coming from (or who to send it to)).

During the draft, the biggest "work" is

(a) making picks for GMs unable to attend the draft from their sheet and

(b) posting times and watching for missed picks and assigning the Next Highest Drafted player. Someone could go here: http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=70979.0 and copy the format from the h2h draft and make a table for the PTS league one.

Historically other GMs have updated picks, nudged GMs who are on the clock, etc. I would but I'll be in-and-out sporadically on my phone.

« Reply #209 on: October 13, 2014, 05:37:31 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Hello GMs. For starters, the following trades were processed and rosters / picks updated:

Spreadsheet (see Trade Log tab):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WvgwSd5NE_6P6Oyx8bFzD1qtFUiNaMqtZWJ-FVo1YYQ/edit?usp=sharing

#    TEAM 1          PICKS             PLAYERS          TEAM 2         PICKS       PLAYERS
6    Toines Boys                       C Delfino        Utah                       N Calathes

7    Ubuntu Y'All    17,35             W Chandler       MMSB           29          T Thompson
                                       M Thornton                                  J Jack
                                       DJ Augustin

8    Ubuntu Y'All    25                                 Utah Flash     1st (2015)

9    Ubuntu Y'All    1st (2015)        Archie Goodwin   Toines Boys                R Jackson
                     Utah 1st (2015)           

10    Toines Boys    Ubuntu 1st (2015)                  Webskins        15   
                     Utah 1st (2015)                   

11    Toines Boys    Andrew Nicholson                   Tedy Tebows                J Farmar