Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 428337 times)

Birdman, Yuckabuck33, hpantazo, SparzWizard and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: NBA Season 2023-24
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2023, 09:06:08 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 91
Webanyama and Holmgren made their preseason debut facing off against each other. OKC won the game 122-121.

Victor played 19 minutes and had 20pts, 5rebs, 2stl, 1blk. Shot 8-13 from the field, 2-5 from 3pt. Did turn the ball over 4 times, though.

Chet played 16 minutes and had 21pts, 9rebs, 1ast, 1blk. Shot 7-10 from the field, 2-2 from 3pt. No turnovers.

Hopefully these two develop a nice rivalry.

that would've been fun to watch

It was on NBA TV, but I was only able to watch a few minutes. Definitely an intriguing matchup.

The highlights showed how talented both these guys are on offense, but not so much on defense. The can contest somewhat using their length. They're both athletic enough, but both are so skinny that they get pushed around easily neither seemed great at positioning or challenging shots they couldn't block.

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2023, 10:27:34 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
Mav’s lose to Real Madrid 123-127…Wow.

Vincent Poirier had 19pts, 10rebs, 6blks. Guerschon Yabuselle added 18pts, 9rebs, 3stls and Facundo Campazzo with 20pts, 8ast, 6rebs.

Dallas looks set for a BAD season.

I actually like their top two but their supporting cast is all wrong. Too many young ones. Too many non-defender veteran role players (T Hardaway, Kleber). They are in trouble.

Another missed playoffs looks likely.

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2023, 10:42:02 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

Vincent Poirier had 19pts, 10rebs, 6blks. Guerschon Yabuselle added 18pts, 9rebs, 3stls and Facundo Campazzo with 20pts, 8ast, 6rebs.

I actually like their top two but their supporting cast is all wrong. Too many young ones. Too many non-defender veteran role players (T Hardaway, Kleber). They are in trouble.

They shot themselves in the foot when they traded for Kyrie, then they doubled down on it. Beginning of the end for Luka's time in Dallas. Still, can't dump on them for losing a game where Luka played 5 minutes total and Kyrie didn't even play.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 10:56:28 PM by hpantazo »

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2023, 11:24:02 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1436

They shot themselves in the foot when they traded for Kyrie, then they doubled down on it. Beginning of the end for Luka's time in Dallas. Still, can't dump on them for losing a game where Luka played 5 minutes total and Kyrie didn't even play.

I don’t care if Luka and Kyrie didn’t play, they just lost to Euroleague team that features Gerschon Yabuselle and Vincent Poirier. They have zero NBA caliber players. That’s just embarrassing.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2023, 09:05:39 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Any interest in Kai Jones?
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2023, 09:09:03 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870

I don’t care if Luka and Kyrie didn’t play, they just lost to Euroleague team that features Gerschon Yabuselle and Vincent Poirier. They have zero NBA caliber players. That’s just embarrassing.

I didn't see the game but it seems like a pretty bad indication if DAL supporting cast after Luka and Kyrie is no better than a EuroLeague team.

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2023, 09:12:19 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Any interest in Kai Jones?

No, I don’t think he’s in the right space to come in and be a positive contributor who might hit see the floor many nights.  His opinion of the playing time he deserves and the playing time he’ll get seems to be misaligned right now.

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2023, 09:17:47 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

I didn't see the game but it seems like a pretty bad indication if DAL supporting cast after Luka and Kyrie is no better than a EuroLeague team.

Yeah, I’m betting hard on the Mavs under after their preseason showing so far.  I already doubted them after their finish last year and wasn’t overly impressed with their offseason, but they’ve looked awful so far, first against Minny and now against Madrid.

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2023, 09:20:32 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

you take the 2 best players off of most teams and I'm not sure they are better than a Euroleague team.  I mean how good is Denver without Jokic and Murray or the Lakers without Lebron and Davis or the Bucks without Giannis and Lillard.  Heck even the deeper teams like Boston aren't going to be very good without Tatum and Brown or the Warriors without Curry and Klay.  It isn't just losing the 2 best players either it is losing basically your team identity, the offensive engines that make the whole thing work, etc. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2023, 09:28:51 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

Yeah, I’m betting hard on the Mavs under after their preseason showing so far.  I already doubted them after their finish last year and wasn’t overly impressed with their offseason, but they’ve looked awful so far, first against Minny and now against Madrid.
Team killer Kyrie will do that to a team.  Heck even the Cavs were better without Kyrie playing most of the 3 years he was there.  He is an immensely talented offensive player that obviously can help you win when he is on, but he is wildly inconsistent and doesn't play defense, let alone all the off court things. Kyrie is the most overrated player in the sport and is becoming one of the most overrated players in the sports entire history.  He destroys every team he is on and is ko where near good enough to suffer through his nonsense.

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2023, 10:14:03 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

What's their over/under?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2023, 10:16:16 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

What's their over/under?

I see 43.5 on DK.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2023, 10:18:36 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

What's their over/under?

I see 43.5 on DK.

Yep.  I’m considering taking the under of 40.5 at +170, but I’ll probably stay cautious and just go for the 43.5.

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2023, 10:23:55 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

What's their over/under?

I see 43.5 on DK.

Yep.  I’m considering taking the under of 40.5 at +170, but I’ll probably stay cautious and just go for the 43.5.
Fanduel is 44.5 at -110 while Ceasars is 44.5 at -115. Bet365 is also 44.5 but is actually 6/5 on the under (so a pretty solid bet if you want that in that a 10 dollar bet pays 22).  Always shop around on those things.  Especially this early as you can come up with pretty solid odds if you shop around.

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2023, 10:28:47 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

What's their over/under?

I see 43.5 on DK.

Fanduel is 44.5 at -110 while Ceasars is 44.5 at -115. Bet365 is also 44.5 but is actually 6/5 on the under (so a pretty solid bet if you want that in that a 10 dollar bet pays 22).  Always shop around on those things.  Especially this early as you can come up with pretty solid odds if you shop around.

Sure, but I have free bets on DraftKings and fanatics, so that’s where I play primarily.  And DK also is the only one with alternate O/U, which I do like.  But I shop, because of course you should.