Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 960334 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #720 on: October 22, 2010, 10:02:22 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Went and saw The Town  in the theatres about a week or two ago. It's strange that I remember most, if not all of that movie but cannot remember for the life of me who I went with. Oh well.. I loved this flick. Thought it was as awesome as gets. Maybe it's because I walked in with zero expectations, but man.. I loved it.

Then I rented Get Him to the Greek.. Awesome as well. Thought it was hilarious and probably one of the funniest I've seen in months. I was not expeciting this one to be as good as it was, either.

Finally, I rented Splice. All I can say is "wow." What an awful movie. There were just too many things I didn't like about it to name them. It was just bad.

« Reply #721 on: October 23, 2010, 08:21:09 PM »

Kiorrik

Die Hard 4, 1, 2. Going to watch 3 somewhere next week :)

Needless to say, these are still awesome films and well worth the watch if you haven't seen 'm for a while.

The Hunt for Red October

Always nice to see Sean in action :) I like the fella, and this is one of my favorite submarine/naval films out there.

Twilight 2 & 3.

... sorry but I really hate this series. Watched it because the miss likes to watch it. I, Don't. You'd think a movie about wolves 'n vampires and all that would be awesome (Van Helsing anyone?) but it was more like a teenage drama fest. Ugh.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 08:31:52 PM by Kiorrik »

« Reply #722 on: October 26, 2010, 02:37:28 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I've seen a couple of sequels in the theatre this week.

Jackass 3-D-  If you liked any of their previous stuff, you'll like this.  It wasn't quite as good as the first 2nd movie, but it still delivered.  Johnny Knoxville doesn't have the death wish he had in the 2nd movie.  There is also a musical number at the end that is kind of touching.  Crazy to think that I've been watching these guys act like knuckleheads for almost ten year

I'm not a big 3-D guy, and won't usually pay extra for it, but the 3-D screen was the only option when I went.  The 3-D was very good for the first and last segments, but it was pretty much non-existent throughout most of the movie.

Paranormal Activity 2-  It doesn't quite have the bowels-unleashing terror of the first one, but it still delivers.  Just like with Jackass, if you liked the first one you'll like this one.  they did a neat job of tying in the couple from the first movie (the girl from the first one is the sister in this one).  there are several great scares throughout.

« Reply #723 on: October 26, 2010, 08:41:37 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Salt. Not a bad show at all. Didn't go where I thought it was going to go which was good. Angelina is starting to look a lot more haggard than she has in the past. Not quite as stunning as 5-10 years back. As most films lately it was a clear set up for movie #2 and #3... Definitely worth seeing though.

« Reply #724 on: October 26, 2010, 01:32:13 PM »

Offline ballin

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105
Magnolia. Got it on Netflix. It was ok, but it's VERY long (3 hours, 8 minutes) and it leaves you feeling only partially satisfied.

Worth watching if you don't have anything better to see.

« Reply #725 on: October 29, 2010, 02:34:58 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
The Cove.

I thought it was pretty good.  Suggested by someone (but I forget who) here on CB.  Thanks to whoever you are!
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #726 on: October 31, 2010, 01:27:29 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I watched Very Bad Cops (The Other Guys is the original title) this afternoon and I really enjoyed it! I was a bit disappointed because all the reviews said it was awesome, I thought some scenes were kind of "too much" or too long but overall it's a really good comedy, very funny and Will Ferrell is great, I didn't know him before.

Wahlberg surprised me too since I've always seen him in dramas but he was good too.

Plus, it was really surprising (and fun) to see the Celtics appear when the duo goes to the Madison Square Garden! Fun to see real game "footage" in the movie, Pierce and Perk running the break and Nate still as a Knick. ;D

« Reply #727 on: November 05, 2010, 01:03:58 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
"The Kingdom" ... excellent movie, wish I'd seen it in the theater. Cinematography, writing, sound, music, acting, production ... I found very few areas where I could critique it in any way but excellent. Recommend highly.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #728 on: November 05, 2010, 01:05:52 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Cars ... Again
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #729 on: November 05, 2010, 01:19:15 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
The Cove.

I thought it was pretty good.  Suggested by someone (but I forget who) here on CB.  Thanks to whoever you are!

I, and I believe... Bahku both suggested it.

You're very welcome.

I'm still trying to spread the word on that very powerful movie... just suggested it to a friend a couple of days ago.

« Reply #730 on: November 05, 2010, 01:26:07 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Last movie i saw was The Town approx.a month ago and just finish reading the book it was based on "Prince of Thieves"by Charles Hogan...good read.

« Reply #731 on: November 08, 2010, 10:33:17 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
watching sex in the city 2 right now. It's so bad my wife game me permission to use the lap top during the film. Yes it's that bad

« Reply #732 on: November 08, 2010, 10:54:48 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Megamind  ;D
Yup

« Reply #733 on: November 08, 2010, 11:55:03 PM »

Offline ballin

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105
Vanilla Sky. It was actually pretty good... definitely messes with your mind a bit.

« Reply #734 on: November 28, 2010, 05:07:07 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I re-watched Scott Pilgrim and Get Him To The Greek, and loved them both again.

I watched Dinner For Schmucks and hated it.

I watched Dune and hated it.

I watched the entire 4 hrs of Jim Henson's "The Storyteller", a mini-series from the 80s, and loved it.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner