Author Topic: Coldplay - Prospekt's March  (Read 1917 times)

Coldplay - Prospekt's March
« on: September 05, 2009, 10:22:27 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
I love Coldplay so downloading this new EP from itunes was a no-brainer for me.

I LOVE the intro song to Vida, so when I heard that there was a full length version "Life In Technicolor ii" I was very excited and the song doesn't disappoint.

2 other winners on this album are Rainy Day and Glass of Water

Glass of Water is classic Coldplay in that it has an epic quality.

Rainy Day, however, seems like a fun diversion from their normal stuff.  It is like Beck meets U2 and it flip flops between the two.  Good stuff.

The rest of the album I could take or leave.  It is ok stuff, but it is clear why it was left off Vida.

So my advice is to download the 3 mentioned songs and leave the rest (unless you have to own everything JayZ touches, in which case he makes a cameo appearance in the re-release of Lost)
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

Re: Coldplay - Prospekt's March
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 10:49:02 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
Coldplay is my favorite band ever, so a big TP for this thread Jeff!  :)

Glass of Water is a great song. Did you download the free live album "leftrightleftrightleft"? They do a pretty cool effect in the middle of "Clocks"...some sort of delay. It gives the feel of being stuck in time, at least that's what I felt haha...

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 10:49:50 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • ranter

Glass of Water is a great song. Did you download the free live album "leftrightleftrightleft"? They do a pretty cool effect in the middle of "Clocks"...some sort of delay. It gives the feel of being stuck in time, at least that's what I felt haha...

I'll have to look for that

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 10:52:14 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205

I'll have to look for that

look no further! http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=395

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 03:38:57 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • ranter
thanks! TP for you!