Author Topic: CAVSMAGEDDON!!  (Read 51105 times)

Re: CAVSMAGEDDON!!
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2018, 01:50:47 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
i think they made a lot of good trades...

on the other hand maybe they are trying to force lebron's hand and make him accept a trade

their chemistry was TERRIBLE so i think they will get better
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2018, 01:53:47 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
The Cavs were broke as is so they cannot go down much more, but if Lebron bolts, Cavs are screwed for years and LBJ and Gilbert are not best buds. They sure are not winning it all this year with this crew either. Nance can defend and the rest suck and that's the biggest problem. Father time is undefeated and LBJ's days as an elite 2-way player may well be over.

« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2018, 01:54:14 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Don't see how these moves get Cleveland closer to a title of any kind

Everyone out West is laughing right now.

I think they just threw up a Hail Mary (but midway threw the 3rd quarter) to see what happens. I don’t think they lost anyone they planned on keeping long term, and had little confidence they could compete with that group. Yeah they got better defensively (I think) and more athletic, but I don’t see how their title chances increased at all.

If they do somehow make it out of the East, it’s because Gordon doesn’t return and/or Raptors choke. They would then proceed to get smoked in the Finals against any of about 4-5 teams.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2018, 01:55:24 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
can i make a bold prediction and say that they lose 7 of next 10, lebron shuts himself down to rest and prepare for next year, and the cavs don't make the playoffs?
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2018, 01:58:30 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
can i make a bold prediction and say that they lose 7 of next 10, lebron shuts himself down to rest and prepare for next year, and the cavs don't make the playoffs?

wow that is a bold prediction...I mean we can hope.

« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2018, 02:00:58 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
George Hill reminds me of Delonte West. Delonte and LeBron had good chemistry together with Delonte at PG in a bigger lineup (say Hood at SG) and as a SG next to Mo Williams in a smaller lineup (say Jordan Clarkson).

I like the idea of a lineup like this while K-Love is out

PG: Clarkson
SG: G.Hill
SF: Hood
PF: LeBron
 C: Thompson

They can put Nance in instead of Clarkson and go big when they need more size and rebounding. Or maybe just use this lineup as a smaller lineup when closing games.

I'd love to see LeBron sacrifice himself a bit physically and commit to playing more at PF. To competing harder on defense and especially as a rebounder at PF. He could do so much more to help the chemistry on that team. But it is something he has been unwilling to do dating back to his time in Miami - forcing poor Shane Battier to do the work he should have been doing himself.

« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2018, 02:02:10 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
George Hill reminds me of Delonte West.

That's funny because this Cavs team now reminds me of their 2009-2010 squad.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2018, 02:05:06 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Cavs are reportedly filling an open roster spot with PEEEEEEEEERK!!

Great comeback big guy!  I still hope your team crumbles to dust around you though.

« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2018, 02:11:45 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Surprise they didn't get Evans 😝
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2018, 02:12:59 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
George Hill reminds me of Delonte West.

That's funny because this Cavs team now reminds me of their 2009-2010 squad.

Yes! It is the first time since before the finals streak that Lebron is only playing with one other guy that recently made an all-star game.

« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2018, 02:25:56 PM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
It sounds to me like Cleveland knows this season is done with and they're just trying to get a jumpstart on rebuilding next year after LeBron inevitably splits to a team where he has any chance of winning another title or two.

« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2018, 02:36:29 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
The CAVS have accumulated a bunch of injury prone players. This new Cavs squad looks a lot like CAVS 2010. I'm not even sure they are better.....

« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2018, 02:38:16 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I am surprised by the long-term salary Cleveland is bringing IN. Sure they send out $18.3M and $7.8M guaranteed in 18-19 and 19-20, respectively (Shumpert and Crowder).

But they are bringing back $31.5 guaranteed EACH of the next two years in Hill and Clarkson. They are also sending OUT a 1st round pick!

The team does look a little less flashy, but Lebron should be able to control these guys a lot better than the ones that were shipped out. I am not sure if it makes a difference this year - Lebron is still Lebron - I just wanted to point out that they took back quite a bit more guaranteed salary.

« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2018, 03:20:48 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I am surprised by the long-term salary Cleveland is bringing IN. Sure they send out $18.3M and $7.8M guaranteed in 18-19 and 19-20, respectively (Shumpert and Crowder).

But they are bringing back $31.5 guaranteed EACH of the next two years in Hill and Clarkson. They are also sending OUT a 1st round pick!

The team does look a little less flashy, but Lebron should be able to control these guys a lot better than the ones that were shipped out. I am not sure if it makes a difference this year - Lebron is still Lebron - I just wanted to point out that they took back quite a bit more guaranteed salary.
not to mention Nance and a re-signed Hood.  And of course the BKN pick.  they are in the luxury tax even if James leaves them, but if James comes back their salary next year will be astronomical.  They are going to have to find a way to dump at least one of Thompson, Smith, or Hill this summer.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2018, 03:28:27 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
The friends I know in Ohio are ecstatic.  They believe their front office did an amazing job and believe the poison has been shipped out of town. They feel they now have healthy scoring options at the wing for Lebron and they believe their defense could not get any worse. They think they are once again favorites to leave the East.  ::)