Author Topic: JJ redick, What a player!  (Read 9614 times)

Re: JJ redick, What a player!
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2010, 03:16:28 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I dont like him
Not a fan at all

said that hes doing a great job on Allen

Said that i can live with him over quesy and tony

Interesting; I figured you would be a fan.  He's basically the same player as Delonte West, with a slightly lesser stroke and inferior defense.  His hustle, etc., are the same, though. 

(I just saw your other thread; sorry you can't respond to this until after Game 5.)

I agree with pretty much everything there except that i think he is a better shooter than Delonte, (As well as without the headaches)
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2010, 03:17:30 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i hate jj redick.

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2010, 06:33:03 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
As a Duke fan I like him. And I'm happy to see him doing well in the NBA. He'd look good in green.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2010, 06:34:47 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I dont like him
Not a fan at all

said that hes doing a great job on Allen

Said that i can live with him over quesy and tony

Interesting; I figured you would be a fan.  He's basically the same player as Delonte West, with a slightly lesser stroke and inferior defense.  His hustle, etc., are the same, though.  

(I just saw your other thread; sorry you can't respond to this until after Game 5.)

I agree with pretty much everything there except that i think he is a better shooter than Delonte, (As well as without the headaches)

Yeah, I don't know why I typed that.  I meant better, rather than lesser, stroke.

Delonte is a better passer, I guess, although part of that is the positions they play.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2010, 08:21:46 PM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
He's restricted free agent if I recall correctly. We might go for him.
I don't see why not but he really is a younger eddie house, no?
Good shooter who isn't the best ball handler, hustles on d, undersized sg, can't create his own shot more of a shooter off catch.

If Eddie House was 6'4", ripped and played bull-dog defense then yes, he is like a young Eddie House.

On this team, as a complimentary scorer and hard nosed defender, JJ would be a great fit as Ray's long term backup/replacement. Depending on other moves, I would be happy to sign him for 5 years and $25 million.
"Bull dog defense" and "hard nosed defender" ... really?

Yeah ... that stumped me, too, Who ... guess I haven't been watching closely enough. The guy has a great shooting stroke, and is learning to handle the ball well, but I just can't sing the praises of his defensive abilities, (if they exist), and I'm not too sure I'd want him in green.

I'd definitely like him here.  Why?

1) He's an amazing shooter;

2) He plays hard and hustles constantly;

3) He's a hard worker who has improved his game tremendously;

4) He has no fear.

I love the guy's work ethic and hustle, and he has an amazing shooting stroke, I just haven't decided if I would want to take the trade-off for his lack of defensive skills and ball-handling. I just think at this point we could do better, but I might be persuaded if he keeps improving at the rate he has been.

When I said hard nosed and bull-dog, I did not mean to imply that he was elite. Tayshuan Prince was neither, but was considered an elite defender.

I meant that he works hard and fights on that end, that he never gives up. A bull-dog kills a bull by latching onto its throat and not letting go until it or the bull dies. Not pretty, not overpowering.

Regarding the offer of 5 x $25 - Orlando has 9 guys under contract at $80 million next season. $2 million less than this season, and the cap is coming down. If $82 is the most the owner is spending they may opt not to spend $5 mil on JJ.
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2010, 08:26:04 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Regarding the offer of 5 x $25 - Orlando has 9 guys under contract at $80 million next season. $2 million less than this season, and the cap is coming down. If $82 is the most the owner is spending they may opt not to spend $5 mil on JJ.

I'm not sure that JJ is worth that much.  We have a lot of holes on the roster next year, and since we can fill the backup SG without using the MLE (by re-signing Tony), I think signing a SG in free agency for more than the minimum is a luxury we probably can't afford.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2010, 08:34:24 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
I really respect how hard he plays.  He gives his all for sure.

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2010, 10:14:18 PM »

Offline looseball

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 77
I thought he did a great job covering Ray last night.  He never left him to help out on someone else, just stuck to Ray like glue.  Wherever Ray went, Redick was there.  When Ray did score, it was never a wide open look, just a great shot under pressure.  So I like his focus along with his shooting.

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2010, 10:20:07 PM »

Offline Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
Okay we can archive this topic. He had a good series and thats it. Geez.

« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2010, 10:32:16 PM »

Offline looseball

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 77

...and that's it?   The series ain't over yet.

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2010, 10:47:28 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
He's played well for them all year.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2010, 11:04:45 PM »

Offline Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38

...and that's it?   The series ain't over yet.

Yeah you're right its not over yet.