Author Topic: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)  (Read 417882 times)

Re: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)
« Reply #765 on: May 08, 2016, 11:40:53 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Man what a teaser at the tower. Fight changed only 2 kings guards? Excellent fight though. Also is it really shaggy dog? Or Umbers and Rickon plotting?

« Reply #766 on: May 08, 2016, 11:44:13 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Well, I kind of figured they'd draw it out, but it's pretty much like 99% confirmed now. Especially because the writers were talking about it after the show saying that Bran's flashbacks are so cool because they can see the "discrepancies" between what really happened and what people say happened. I bet that'll be the big reveal at the end of the season.

So does Jon now take the Wildlings and march on Winterfell to save Rickon?

« Reply #767 on: May 08, 2016, 11:45:35 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Man what a teaser at the tower. Fight changed only 2 kings guards? Excellent fight though. Also is it really shaggy dog? Or Umbers and Rickon plotting?

Is there any kind of clues to them teaming up in the books?

I also thought that didn't look big enough to be his dire wolf.

« Reply #768 on: May 09, 2016, 12:29:07 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Certainly sounded like labor pains.  Lyanna died giving birth to Jon, I take it.

« Reply #769 on: May 09, 2016, 01:23:33 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
You could tell Arthur Dayne was a badass swordsman because he had two of em and twirled them around a lot.

« Reply #770 on: May 09, 2016, 01:41:29 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
You could tell Arthur Dayne was a badass swordsman because he had two of em and twirled them around a lot.
Lol like the hit man from king's landing that took over casters keep.

« Reply #771 on: May 09, 2016, 01:56:51 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

Umber were still loyal to house stark even on show till this meeting. Also House Manderly hasn't been focused on for their revenge plots. So Umbers who have been some what decently represented could fill that roll a sinister plot against the traders of the north. Also it could explain Umbers reason to not swear alligence they are not "Oooath Breakaaas" as the Greatjon last lord once yelled.

https://youtu.be/snYE3_GGVcU

« Reply #772 on: May 09, 2016, 02:26:20 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Umber were still loyal to house stark even on show till this meeting. Also House Manderly hasn't been focused on for their revenge plots. So Umbers who have been some what decently represented could fill that roll a sinister plot against the traders of the north. Also it could explain Umbers reason to not swear alligence they are not "Oooath Breakaaas" as the Greatjon last lord once yelled.

Interesting, and it does seem fairly compelling. It would also work with the show's version of Ramsay's character, because Rickon probably would've been killed on site by Ramsay, since he's a Stark.

The title oathbreaker was definitely meant or perceived to represent Jon quitting the night watch, but perhaps it does have a more subtle representation in this scenario. Nice. TP.

« Reply #773 on: May 09, 2016, 08:12:57 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I could very easily see the show going with Lyanna to make it easier for fans to understand.  I think the books will probably go a different way.  Either way, I can't wait to see Aurthur Dayne and how badass he is, if Aurthor really dies, because in the books Jojen just tells Bran Aurthor would have killed Ned if his father, Howland Reed, didn't save him.  It doesn't say Howland killed Dayne.  Otherwise not taking Aurthur's bones back to his family is really disrespectful.

Still think it is Arthur Dayne's kid?   Did not Arthur Dayne say our prince is in the tower last night, that confirms Jon is Rhaegar's son.  I read the books and I think it is Jon, there is more evidence for it being Jon than otherwise. 

I suggest you read this webpage, all from the books, which you wrongly assume some of us have not read.   These are not fan theories they are parts of the book.   Hints.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4bzzo2807r2diz/RLJ%20Quotes%20(Version%204).pdf?dl=0

It is a theme that reoccurs in the books time and time again.   Then I point out this, the producers had to guess who Jon's mother was for Martin to let them do the show.

“Who is Jon Snow’s real mother?” Martin reportedly asked Weiss and Benioff. They said that they had been pitching ideas for the TV series for five hours before the author dropped the big question. They said that after studying the books for so long, they made an educated guess. Luckily, they guessed right and they were allowed to produce the massively successful show.

http://www.ibtimes.com/game-thrones-producers-correctly-guess-who-jon-snows-real-mother-2064983

You really think they are leading us towards this road, to make it simple?   I think we know who they guessed because they are showing us in the show.   The books are full of the hints, you missed.

Most people I know think it makes more sense this way.  The only people who don't are those who support Dany because they thought she would be the one.   There are three heads to the dragon.   Dany and Jon are two, most think Tyrion is the third.

because in the books Jojen just tells Bran Aurthor would have killed Ned if his father, Howland Reed, didn't save him.  It doesn't say Howland killed Dayne.  Otherwise not taking Aurthur's bones back to his family is really disrespectful.

He did save him, not in an honorable sense.    I will tell what any soldier will tell you, being honorable and chivalric, readd well in a book, but it can get you killed in a real fight.  Ned stated in books that he would have died without Howland.  The books state:

“   He would have killed me but for Howland Reed.[3]   ”
– Eddard Stark

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 21, Bran III.

I read it as the show directors did that Howland saved Ned's bacon in the fight.   How did you take that qoute?   It says a lot about you, who laud the books, yet seem to filter out what you do not like to suit your view.

« Reply #774 on: May 09, 2016, 09:19:25 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

As far as I can recall there was nary a mention of Rickon after he separated in book one.

And yeh, that was kind of a tiny dire wolf head now that you mention it.
Yup

« Reply #775 on: May 09, 2016, 09:50:24 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

As far as I can recall there was nary a mention of Rickon after he separated in book one.

Apparently this theory has caught on quite a bit since the episode last night, especially with the lack of kneeling from Umber.

http://time.com/4322837/game-of-thrones-rickon-stark-direwolf-death-conspiracy/

I find it funny how much both of the actors of Bran and Rickon, especially Rickon, have aged since last seeing them lol That's what happens when you use kid actors and go seasons without utilizing them!

« Reply #776 on: May 09, 2016, 09:57:15 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
As much as I enjoy seeing them, doesn't it seem a little to easy to use the wonders of the man in the tree as a bottomless pit of backstory fill in.  I know he's trying to teach the kid a thousand years wisdom and all, but still, the way they're dragging out that process is a little too easy to suit the purposes.
Yup

« Reply #777 on: May 09, 2016, 11:09:20 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Interesting, and it does seem fairly compelling. It would also work with the show's version of Ramsay's character, because Rickon probably would've been killed on site by Ramsay, since he's a Stark.

I'm really hoping the Umber plot is what's happening, but Ramsay would have a great reason to keep Rickon around - a hostage to torture and/or bargain with to manipulate Jon Snow when he got there.

« Reply #778 on: May 13, 2016, 10:32:05 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

Davos is sent to Skagos by Wyman Manderly because Rickon is supposedly there, but you never actually see Rickon or have confirmation he is there.  If Davos brings Rickon to him, he will support Stannis.  That is in book 5.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #779 on: May 13, 2016, 10:34:15 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Davos is sent to Skagos by Wyman Manderly because Rickon is supposedly there, but you never actually see Rickon or have confirmation he is there.  If Davos brings Rickon to him, he will support Stannis.  That is in book 5.
Did you have to look that up, or did you just remember that? If you remembered it, that's impressive and you deserve a tp.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19