Author Topic: Idea: Green and Bass to Pheonix  (Read 1945 times)

Idea: Green and Bass to Pheonix
« on: August 18, 2014, 12:42:00 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Pheonix wants to compete in the West next year but they have some obvious holes at both starting forward spots. We have starting caliber forward vets that we can send them, and they have good young players to send us. There is potential here for a really mutually beneficial trade. I like Green and Bass for Gerald Green (expiring), Marcus Morris (expiring), and either Alex Len or TJ Warren.

Another option that I've posted about before is to trade Rondo in a S&T for Eric Bledsoe, but it looks like they will be able to sign him for considerably less than the max, in which case they probably want to keep him. He's a better fit next to Dragic than Rondo is. If I were them I'd hold on to Mini Lebron, but I'd be very interested in trading for Bass and especially Green.

Re: Idea: Green and Bass to Pheonix
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 01:19:12 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
They lost Channing Frye, but they re-signed their incumbent starting SF PJ Tucker, drafted TJ Warren, signed Anthony Tolliver, and still have the Morrises.  Also Shavlik Randolph.

I suspect they like their current options at the forward spots, but if they wanted to add someone, they would want someone who is more of a three-point threat than Bass.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 09:16:40 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1552
Pheonix wants to compete in the West next year but they have some obvious holes at both starting forward spots. We have starting caliber forward vets that we can send them, and they have good young players to send us. There is potential here for a really mutually beneficial trade. I like Green and Bass for Gerald Green (expiring), Marcus Morris (expiring), and either Alex Len or TJ Warren.

Another option that I've posted about before is to trade Rondo in a S&T for Eric Bledsoe, but it looks like they will be able to sign him for considerably less than the max, in which case they probably want to keep him. He's a better fit next to Dragic than Rondo is. If I were them I'd hold on to Mini Lebron, but I'd be very interested in trading for Bass and especially Green.
There is no way they make that trade especially given you are seriously overvaluing both Green and Bass, especially Bass. 

The Suns have cap room (until they sign Bledsoe) so could just absorb a player.  I don't think they would mind Jeff Green.  Maybe Jeff Green for a 2015 1st (top 5 protected) or Warren or Ennis.  I could see them doing something like that.  I'm not sure Boston really wants to go that way though.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 10:03:40 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

There is no way they make that trade especially given you are seriously overvaluing both Green and Bass, especially Bass. 

The Suns have cap room (until they sign Bledsoe) so could just absorb a player.  I don't think they would mind Jeff Green.  Maybe Jeff Green for a 2015 1st (top 5 protected) or Warren or Ennis.  I could see them doing something like that.  I'm not sure Boston really wants to go that way though.

I'll admit, I wanted to see the Celts draft Ennis as I like point guards that can score.

What about Jeff Green and Marcus Smart for Okafor (S/T), Ennis and Warren?

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 05:10:18 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

I'll admit, I wanted to see the Celts draft Ennis as I like point guards that can score.

What about Jeff Green and Marcus Smart for Okafor (S/T), Ennis and Warren?

Don't like that trade at all.. Smart>Ennis, and a washed up aging and coming off injury Okafor. Warren may have a high ceiling, but its unlikely he'll ever pan out.

Ennis is overrated, and is going to turn out exactly like Austin Rivers... Another PG that needed 1-2 years to develop in college.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different