Author Topic: Ukrainian national team  (Read 5428 times)

Ukrainian national team
« on: March 19, 2014, 08:23:56 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I find it amazing that Mike Fratello and Bob Hill are the coaches of this team. Also Pooh Jeter is a naturalized Ukrainian on the team? How does that happen?

Weird. Anything else like that?

Re: Ukrainian national team
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 09:07:53 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
The Fratello signing made quite a splash in Europe. I watched them beat my Bulgarian national team some years ago.

Lots of naturalized Americans play on European national teams. For example, E.J.Rowland (Hartnell College, St. Mary, etc...) was the PG of Bulgaria for a while (playing very well). Priest Lauderdale played center for us too. Same for many other countries.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 10:16:57 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I find it amazing that Mike Fratello and Bob Hill are the coaches of this team. Also Pooh Jeter is a naturalized Ukrainian on the team? How does that happen?

Larry Brown's the head coach of Southern Methodist University, and Texas might as well be a different country.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 02:43:10 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Also Pooh Jeter is a naturalized Ukrainian on the team? How does that happen?

Having a european passport is a key to a larger contract. So many Americans "discovered" their  long lost european blood line.

it`s a disgrace if you ask me.

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 02:45:53 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Also Pooh Jeter is a naturalized Ukrainian on the team? How does that happen?

Having a european passport is a key to a larger contract. So many Americans "discovered" their  long lost european blood line.

it`s a disgrace if you ask me.

Do you have a similar problem with players becoming naturalized Americans to play/stay in the NBA?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 02:54:30 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
Are you ok with people buying a  nationality  ?

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 03:03:02 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
That's not an answer to my question.

If you live somewhere long enough, and meet all the requirements, you should be able to become a naturalized citizen, sure. It's not like any of us had any say over where we were born, after all.

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 03:39:02 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
You didn`t understand my initial post

I`m talking about persons who created through bribes a false past in order to get a new passport.
During the war in Yogoslavia the biggest talents of Serbia - Croatia - Bosnia etc left the country and in a very "strange" coincidence found out that the can become naturalized. Stojakovic, Tarlac, Türkcan, ****a and many others. And believe me Stojacovic is as Greek as i am Chinese! Later when the rules in euroleague changed a lot of Americans discovered their eastern european origins.

So Mike Batist after 10-12 years in Greece can and deserves the greek passport
But the "factory" which allows Domercants , Loterdales and many others to forge their way to a euroepan passport is a disgrace
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 03:53:23 AM by ederson »

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 12:40:57 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
That's not an answer to my question.

If you live somewhere long enough, and meet all the requirements, you should be able to become a naturalized citizen, sure. It's not like any of us had any say over where we were born, after all.
Pooh Jeter lived in the Ukraine?