Author Topic: For which big(s) do you want to trade either Brown, Tatum or Hayward?  (Read 12232 times)

Re: For which big(s) do you want to trade either Brown, Tatum or Hayward?
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2019, 08:21:33 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
How would people feel about a trade revolving around Gordon Hayward for Steven Adams and Gallinari?  "Who" mentioned Gallinari in the Marcus Smart trade thread and it reminded me of a deal that I was playing around with in trade machine a few weeks ago.

A package of Hayward, RWIII, Langford, and Semi would be enough salary in a trade for Adams and Gallinari.  This deal would give OKC young talent and get them out of the luxury tax.  For the Celtics, it's a clear move to win now.  I'd want an additional lottery protected pick in return.

I think you could make solid arguments for and against the trade, with Hayward being the biggest wildcard.  I'd definitely say no if I knew that Gordon would return to All-Star form.

I think that trade would be huge for the Celtics. 

Gallinari pretty much gives you everything Hayward does and Adams is desperately needed on this team.

This trade could be a season saver.

Re: For which bigs would you trade Jaylen Brown?
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2019, 09:42:04 PM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 121
I feel Jaylen, Tatum and Hayward are all SFs.

Of the 3, Jaylen is the one best able to play a second position - at SG. I don't know why Jaylen should be the odd one out.

I dont know how you figure that.

Hayward can play SF, can play SG and can even play some stints at the point and small ball PF.  He has the playmaking ability and ball handling ability to cover all of those positions.

Tatum can play SF and can play PF pretty much equally as capably, and although we haven't SEEN him do it, I actually think he'd handle the SG spot better then Brown due to the fact that Tatum is just a far better ball handler.

I see Brown as strinctly a SF and I feel putting him at any position other then that is putting him at a disadvantage.  As far as pure skill set / talent set, Jaylen Brown in my eyes is basically a smaller Jeff Green, albeit with a significantly better motor.

« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2019, 10:53:44 PM »

Offline TheTruth34

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
Would love to see them trade for Mo Bamba.  There were rumors circulating around the draft last year that the Celtics were interested in him. 

Believe he's got DPOY potential, and the ability to improve his range and stretch the floor (eventually).

All that said, would not give up Brown, Tatum or Hayward.  The Memphis pick and salary filler - sign me up!

« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2019, 12:56:53 AM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 121
Would love to see them trade for Mo Bamba.  There were rumors circulating around the draft last year that the Celtics were interested in him. 

Believe he's got DPOY potential, and the ability to improve his range and stretch the floor (eventually).

All that said, would not give up Brown, Tatum or Hayward.  The Memphis pick and salary filler - sign me up!

Yeah, I'd do that.

Re: For which bigs would you trade Jaylen Brown?
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2019, 06:43:33 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I feel Jaylen, Tatum and Hayward are all SFs.

Of the 3, Jaylen is the one best able to play a second position - at SG. I don't know why Jaylen should be the odd one out.

I dont know how you figure that.

Hayward can play SF, can play SG and can even play some stints at the point and small ball PF.  He has the playmaking ability and ball handling ability to cover all of those positions.

Tatum can play SF and can play PF pretty much equally as capably, and although we haven't SEEN him do it, I actually think he'd handle the SG spot better then Brown due to the fact that Tatum is just a far better ball handler.

I see Brown as strinctly a SF and I feel putting him at any position other then that is putting him at a disadvantage.  As far as pure skill set / talent set, Jaylen Brown in my eyes is basically a smaller Jeff Green, albeit with a significantly better motor.

Quickness and athleticism = Hayward has the skill-set to play SG but he no longer has the quickness to play there. He did when he was younger but he has aged out. I don't think he is a full time PF because he doesn't contribute enough as a rebounder & team defender.

Uncomfortable with physicality = Tatum is not a PF because he is uncomfortable with physicality. He likes it when he has a size advantage over his opponent. When he is the smaller guy, he is less sure of himself. He should be able to play PF. He has the height and length for it. But he doesn't have the aptitude (yet!). He isn't as comfortable utilizing his advantages in speed & mobility offensively at PF as he is at using his size and length over opponents at SF. It is not all about a lack of muscle / weight. Tatum just isn't comfortable banging. He is a finesse guy.

Jaylen Brown = from a skill-set point of view, I completely agree. He is a SF through and through. He needs to play there. He puts the team at a disadvantage in terms of passing and ball-handling when he plays SG. However, he does have the defensive quickness to cover SGs at a high level and that makes him the most able of the 3 SFs to play a different position because he is the only one who can defend & rebound that position at a good level.

« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2019, 11:57:55 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
How would people feel about a trade revolving around Gordon Hayward for Steven Adams and Gallinari?  "Who" mentioned Gallinari in the Marcus Smart trade thread and it reminded me of a deal that I was playing around with in trade machine a few weeks ago.

A package of Hayward, RWIII, Langford, and Semi would be enough salary in a trade for Adams and Gallinari.  This deal would give OKC young talent and get them out of the luxury tax.  For the Celtics, it's a clear move to win now.  I'd want an additional lottery protected pick in return.

I think you could make solid arguments for and against the trade, with Hayward being the biggest wildcard.  I'd definitely say no if I knew that Gordon would return to All-Star form.

I like that idea and would really help round out the team

Kemba/Brown/Tatum/Gallo/Adams (Kanter off the bench.)

I think it would have to wait a bit because Gallinari was just traded and there's a 2 month wait before a traded player can be traded again with other players.