Author Topic: The Refs  (Read 2942 times)

The Refs
« on: January 19, 2019, 09:49:58 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Win or lose, this was an extremely poorly reffed game.  As I said in the game thread, there were at least a half-dozen bad-to-horrible calls in the second half alone.

Why does a billion dollar industry put up with it? There need to be fines or suspensions for the officials after tonight.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: The Refs
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 09:54:05 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
And Marcus Smart is going to be suspended for it.

Of course you can't be surprised by Scott Foster anymore.

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 09:54:11 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
It’s gone beyond lunacy. Almost every single official is completely and utterly incompetent, but Silver sits on his hands because the NBA is making heaps of money so who cares?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 09:56:57 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Its Scott Foster that's why.

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 10:04:15 PM »

Offline riptomymom

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 0
I wanted to come write a post on this.  Foster clearly has shown a pattern of biased behavior towards us.  The league should be looking for games like tonight for disciplinary action.  Garbage game from the refs

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 10:08:13 PM »

Online jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Some accountability would be nice. I wouldn’t have a job anymore if I performed like this.

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 10:09:06 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Scott Foster hates the Celtics obviously.

Right up there with Marc Davis and Ken Mauer and former official Joey Crawford.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 10:12:21 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Scott Foster hates the Celtics obviously.

Right up there with Marc Davis and Ken Mauer and former official Joey Crawford.

I don't think Scott Foster hates the Celtics. I've watch other games when he was reffing and they were horribly officiated as well.

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2019, 10:13:54 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Win or lose, this was an extremely poorly reffed game.  As I said in the game thread, there were at least a half-dozen bad-to-horrible calls in the second half alone.

Why does a billion dollar industry put up with it? There need to be fines or suspensions for the officials after tonight.

Ehh, given how many times the Celtics have no showed I have a  hard time blaming the refs for having a bad game. As we've seen, even professionals put up a stinker every once in a while. And for all the complaining, we did have a massive FT advantage this game. So the quick trigger did help us.

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2019, 10:24:13 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Ehh, given how many times the Celtics have no showed I have a  hard time blaming the refs for having a bad game. As we've seen, even professionals put up a stinker every once in a while. And for all the complaining, we did have a massive FT advantage this game. So the quick trigger did help us.

Just like with the Celtics, I accept one ref having the occasional bad game. When the entire grew is incompetent, though, the NBA needs to do something.

I mean, Morris got called for a foul when there was no contact. The other officials can’t get together and overrule that nonsense?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2019, 10:25:45 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Don't know if this guy Foster hates the C's or not. Don't really care either way to be honest.

The way I see it, NBA is far too soft. Hate this pace and space era. Everyone runs up and down and shoots threes. Harden is taking 13 threes per game for crying out loud! He took 23 threes vs the Warriors! That's ridiculous! Is it just me, or do you guys miss the older days of the NBA as well?

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2019, 10:26:19 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Just like with the Celtics, I accept one ref having the occasional bad game. When the entire grew is incompetent, though, the NBA needs to do something.

I mean, Morris got called for a foul when there was no contact. The other officials can’t get together and overrule that nonsense?
Instead of tweeting at people who criticise them the refs should have some overseeing body that can pull them up when there’s some BS.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2019, 10:28:37 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Yes this was a very bad officiated game. From missed charges (Baynes) to calling an offensive foul on Tatum when the defender clearly slid into him to MR RABBIT EARS that calls double techs sending Smart to the showers when there was no demonstrative yelling or anything - Bembry & Smart were just talking at the time and DOUBLE T's???

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2019, 10:37:27 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Reffing was awful tonight. It has been a complaint of mine for years. The rule changes calling for more enforcement to encourage even more scoring has created too many calls. It is sucking the life out of the game.

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2019, 10:39:50 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Reffing was awful tonight. It has been a complaint of mine for years. The rule changes calling for more enforcement to encourage even more scoring has created too many calls. It is sucking the life out of the game.

Yeah, like Scal said, the modern NBA is nothing but three point shooting and cheap fouls.