Author Topic: Scott Skiles makes Tobias Harris available?  (Read 17719 times)

Re: Scott Skiles makes Tobias Harris available?
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2015, 09:27:28 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
1-  Smart / IT
2-  AB / Young  / 16
3-  Harris / Turner /28
4-  Sully / KO / 33
5-  Monroe / Zeller

A team could just attack down low with that team and have a field day.  Your starting four is horrible on D.

« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2015, 09:45:37 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
1-  Smart / IT
2-  AB / Young  / 16
3-  Harris / Turner /28
4-  Sully / KO / 33
5-  Monroe / Zeller

A team could just attack down low with that team and have a field day.  Your starting four is horrible on D.

33 could be Mickey or Christmas, a defensive post player.  This would give the Celts reliable scoring and improve their rebounding, I would take my chances with the defense improving, if it doesn't you use the Brooklyn picks in the future years to improve it.  You are not going to be able to fix all of the teams problems in one offseason, I think by improving the rebounding and getting reliable scorers are two improvements that this would fix. 

I agree with you that the defense at the 4 is terrible, Harris would play some 4 and if you could resign Crowder he could play there some too.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2015, 10:29:04 AM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
1-  Smart / IT
2-  AB / Young  / 16
3-  Harris / Turner /28
4-  Sully / KO / 33
5-  Monroe / Zeller

This is about to get very confusing and hypothetical but I have a potential solution.
0. Renounce everyone but Crowder
1. AB for 12
2. 12 16 Sully ET for 6--->Mudiay/Winslow/Hezonja
3. 28 + 45 for Gibson
4. Take Mickey 33 and Draft/Stash 45
5. Stretch Wallace
6. Harris to max
7. Monroe to max
8. Go over cap to sign Crowder
lineup
either
Smart Thomas
Winslow/Hezonja Young
Harris Crowder
Gibson Olynyk Mickey
Monroe Zeller
or
Thomas Mudiay (to start)
Smart Young
Harris Crowder
Gibson KO Mickey
Monroe Zeller

the biggest issue with the 1st lineup is the 2. You are asking a rookie to start and play big minutes. Luckily Smart plays a lot of off gaurd, so really the lineup with the most minutes would be Thomas/Smart/Harris/Gibson/Monroe.

So many things have to happen that Id say this scenario is borderline impossible but I dont think any of the 8 outlined steps are unreasonable and that lineup has an elite bench like last year, and is able to add an elite level talent via the #6 pick, all while making big upgrades to the 3-5 positions.

The question would be defense as unless you get Winslow you only have 3 + defenders on the roster with Smart Gibson Crowder.

« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2015, 10:36:16 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
I would take my chances with the defense improving

I just do not see it happening with Sully, even if he gets in shape, he was bottom five athletically for his combine.  He is a fine rebounder, decent on offense but bad on D.   Athletic ability is much harder to develop than skills.  A fellow only has so many of fast twitch fibers and the ratio can be changed but one does not go from being an abysmal athlete to a good one.

You are not going to be able to fix all of the teams problems in one offseason, I think by improving the rebounding and getting reliable scorers are two improvements that this would fix. 
  I am all for getting Monroe, I think that he would be a huge upgrade over Zeller.   But at the end of the day, basing any team off of Sully, is a faulty one.   Do you recall Stevens comments about him coming back and that the team was not going to change it's defensive integrity?   Ainge served him notice about coming back into shape.   I hope that we can package him, 16 and maybe 28 to move up to where we can get WCS but with Cousins wanting him at 6 it becomes less likely.  WCS and Monroe would be a nice combo, but we would lack a stretch four.

Your right that we are not going to fix everything this coming year.   We are going to have to pick our poison and live with it.   I would love to see us get a scoring wing who can spread the floor too.

« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2015, 11:15:12 AM »

Offline chlldaddy

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
1-  Smart / IT
2-  AB / Young  / 16
3-  Harris / Turner /28
4-  Sully / KO / 33
5-  Monroe / Zeller

This is about to get very confusing and hypothetical but I have a potential solution.
1. AB for 12
3. 28 + 45 for Gibson
5. Stretch Wallace
6. Harris to max
7. Monroe to max
lineup
either
Smart Thomas
Winslow/Hezonja Young
Harris Crowder
Gibson Olynyk Mickey
Monroe Zeller
or
Thomas Mudiay (to start)
Smart Young
Harris Crowder
Gibson KO Mickey
Monroe Zeller

the biggest issue with the 1st lineup is the 2. You are asking a rookie to start and play big minutes. Luckily Smart plays a lot of off gaurd, so really the lineup with the most minutes would be Thomas/Smart/Harris/Gibson/Monroe.

So many things have to happen that Id say this scenario is borderline impossible but I dont think any of the 8 outlined steps are unreasonable and that lineup has an elite bench like last year, and is able to add an elite level talent via the #6 pick, all while making big upgrades to the 3-5 positions.

The question would be defense as unless you get Winslow you only have 3 + defenders on the roster with Smart Gibson Crowder.

I guarantee you if we get to 6 it is for one player and one player only and that is WCS. Don't know if Monroe would fit in better at the 4 with WCS than he did in Detroit but if we move up to 6 I have no doubt Danny takes WCS

« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2015, 11:16:57 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
I would take my chances with the defense improving

I just do not see it happening with Sully, even if he gets in shape, he was bottom five athletically for his combine.  He is a fine rebounder, decent on offense but bad on D.   Athletic ability is much harder to develop than skills.  A fellow only has so many of fast twitch fibers and the ratio can be changed but one does not go from being an abysmal athlete to a good one.

You are not going to be able to fix all of the teams problems in one offseason, I think by improving the rebounding and getting reliable scorers are two improvements that this would fix. 
  I am all for getting Monroe, I think that he would be a huge upgrade over Zeller.   But at the end of the day, basing any team off of Sully, is a faulty one.   Do you recall Stevens comments about him coming back and that the team was not going to change it's defensive integrity?   Ainge served him notice about coming back into shape.   I hope that we can package him, 16 and maybe 28 to move up to where we can get WCS but with Cousins wanting him at 6 it becomes less likely.  WCS and Monroe would be a nice combo, but we would lack a stretch four.

Your right that we are not going to fix everything this coming year.   We are going to have to pick our poison and live with it.   I would love to see us get a scoring wing who can spread the floor too.

I was thinking more along the lines of a trade during the season for a defensive 4 or a pick developing, I agree with your assessment of Sully, would love to see him do great at the start of the season so we can unload him.  He is not the answer at the 4 for this team.

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2015, 11:20:44 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
Oly could play some stretch four, I was at a basketball tournament/scouting this weekend and I heard even DIII coaches talking about stretch fours.

« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2015, 11:30:55 AM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
1-  Smart / IT
2-  AB / Young  / 16
3-  Harris / Turner /28
4-  Sully / KO / 33
5-  Monroe / Zeller

1. AB for 12
3. 28 + 45 for Gibson
5. Stretch Wallace
6. Harris to max
7. Monroe to max
lineup
either
Smart Thomas
Winslow/Hezonja Young
Harris Crowder
Gibson Olynyk Mickey
Monroe Zeller
or
Thomas Mudiay (to start)
Smart Young
Harris Crowder
Gibson KO Mickey
Monroe Zeller

I guarantee you if we get to 6 it is for one player and one player only and that is WCS. Don't know if Monroe would fit in better at the 4 with WCS than he did in Detroit but if we move up to 6 I have no doubt Danny takes WCS
You think so?

you could well be right. I like these 3 much better. Im pretty worried about WCSs offense and rebounding, and I really like Winslow, and think Mudiay and Hezonja have superstar potential.

I would not do the rest of my plan without one of those 3 guys at 6. 

« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2015, 11:31:11 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
BR predicts Tobias Harris coming to the C's on a 4/54 contract. It's part of their which 2015 free agents will get crazy contracts.  Would be an interesting signing for sure.

I just saw that, here is the link:  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2494334-predicting-which-2015-nba-free-agents-will-get-the-craziest-contracts/page/5

Harris would be my number one target this offseason as he is only 22 and I love his versatility.  Adding Harris and Monroe would give the Celts a real young team that could compete immediately and for the next 10 years.  With the Brooklyn picks and all the other picks the Celts still would have the ability to add to their young core.

1-  Smart / IT
2-  AB / Young  / 16
3-  Harris / Turner /28
4-  Sully / KO / 33
5-  Monroe / Zeller

I'm starting to think more and more that Orlando might not match Harris's contract.

I know some people scoff at the thought of Harris and Monroe receiving such large contracts from the Cs, but being able to sign two young, high potential FAs without giving up any of our assets would be amazing. Just imagine how we could upgrade the PF or SG spot with a plethora of picks and good young players. I realize we would likely need to use a late pick to dump Wallace, but this would be crazy worth it.

If we miss out on the big names, I have no problem bringing in this duo - they fit the age range of our 'core', too.

« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2015, 01:51:27 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
BR predicts Tobias Harris coming to the C's on a 4/54 contract. It's part of their which 2015 free agents will get crazy contracts.  Would be an interesting signing for sure.

I just saw that, here is the link:  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2494334-predicting-which-2015-nba-free-agents-will-get-the-craziest-contracts/page/5

Harris would be my number one target this offseason as he is only 22 and I love his versatility.  Adding Harris and Monroe would give the Celts a real young team that could compete immediately and for the next 10 years.  With the Brooklyn picks and all the other picks the Celts still would have the ability to add to their young core.

1-  Smart / IT
2-  AB / Young  / 16
3-  Harris / Turner /28
4-  Sully / KO / 33
5-  Monroe / Zeller

I'm starting to think more and more that Orlando might not match Harris's contract.

I know some people scoff at the thought of Harris and Monroe receiving such large contracts from the Cs, but being able to sign two young, high potential FAs without giving up any of our assets would be amazing. Just imagine how we could upgrade the PF or SG spot with a plethora of picks and good young players. I realize we would likely need to use a late pick to dump Wallace, but this would be crazy worth it.

If we miss out on the big names, I have no problem bringing in this duo - they fit the age range of our 'core', too.

I think it is the best option for the long term, signing both now before the salary cap goes up will attract another star in 2016 if the Celtics do as well as I think they would in the 2015-16 season. 

« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2015, 04:12:40 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
For the cost of Harris, I would much. much rather go after Khris Middleton. A better all around player, for sure...check out the comparative stats....

Middleton/ Harris
6.9 NET RATING-6.6
14.8 AST RATIO9.6
8.2 REB %10.3
53.0 EFG %51.2
11.6 PIE11.3

http://stats.nba.com/fantasycompare/#!/advanced?lineupIDs=203114&vsLineupIDs=202699

Middleton/ Harris
4.4 REB6.3
2.3 AST1.8
1.5 STL1
0.1 BLK0.5
0.4 BLKA1
13.4 PTS17.1

We have enough "all around" type players. Stevens and DA are looking for a 4th quarter guy and Harris wins over Middleton. In the 4th quarter and OT Harris eFG goes up 2.8% while Middleton's drops by 7.8%.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2494334-predicting-which-2015-nba-free-agents-will-get-the-craziest-contracts/page/5
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2015, 04:16:04 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
I Can't find the page anymore but I did look through Orlando blogs about keeping/moving on from harris and one poll had it split 50/50.

Another poster suggested S+T Harris for Sully or Olynyk, Wallace, plus one of our 2016 1st (Our 1st I believe). Couple replies were on board even with Wallace.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2015, 04:23:59 PM »

Offline YeezusChrist

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
1-  Smart / IT
2-  AB / Young  / 16
3-  Harris / Turner /28
4-  Sully / KO / 33
5-  Monroe / Zeller

33 could be Mickey or Christmas, a defensive post player.  This would give the Celts reliable scoring and improve their rebounding, I would take my chances with the defense improving, if it doesn't you use the Brooklyn picks in the future years to improve it.  You are not going to be able to fix all of the teams problems in one offseason, I think by improving the rebounding and getting reliable scorers are two improvements that this would fix. 

I agree with you that the defense at the 4 is terrible, Harris would play some 4 and if you could resign Crowder he could play there some too.

Idk why you guys are always so down on Sully he is decent at defending the post (he needs to work on his Perimeter D but they're aren't many Pfs who can guard mobile 4's) and what he lacks on defense he makes up for it on the other side of the floor with his offense and rebounding

Plus I recall him shutting down Demarcus Cousins and making Anthony Davis work for his shots last season while putting up 20/10 against them

« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2015, 06:17:59 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I Can't find the page anymore but I did look through Orlando blogs about keeping/moving on from harris and one poll had it split 50/50.

Another poster suggested S+T Harris for Sully or Olynyk, Wallace, plus one of our 2016 1st (Our 1st I believe). Couple replies were on board even with Wallace.

My friend is a huge Orlando fan and he couldn't wait for the season to be over so that they could bid farewell to Harris. He can't believe Harris will be receiving a max contract and is perfectly fine letting him walk for nothing.

Take this how you will - I would still be on board bringing in Harris, but be prepared for the possibility of him not being the next Cs superstar.

« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2015, 08:14:17 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton

My friend is a huge Orlando fan and he couldn't wait for the season to be over so that they could bid farewell to Harris. He can't believe Harris will be receiving a max contract and is perfectly fine letting him walk for nothing.

Take this how you will - I would still be on board bringing in Harris, but be prepared for the possibility of him not being the next Cs superstar.

Did he give specifics why he felt that way?  I would be pretty surprised if Harris doesn't become a superstar, I am absolutely sold on him but I probably haven't washed as many Orlando games as your friend.  I never imagined he would be available. 

I love how he wants the ball in crunch time, can score in a variety of ways, has an incredible work ethic, doesn't need the ball in his hands a ton to be productive, and potential on defense.  I would love to see what Brad could do with him and his work ethic will be an example for the players we draft over the length of his contract. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2325036-why-tobias-harris-could-be-the-steal-of-the-2015-nba-free-agent-class  <-- This article questions whether he will ever be an All-Star, I just quoted it as it talks about his work ethic.