Author Topic: Rumor from WFAN: Brook Lopez Will Opt Out  (Read 7877 times)

Re: Rumor from WFAN: Brook Lopez Will Opt Out
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2015, 11:21:29 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Please be true that Lopez is opting out. If he leaves that would make Brooklyn worse, increasing our chance at it being a high pick. I do not want us to sign him though.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2015, 08:24:47 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
Please be true that Lopez is opting out. If he leaves that would make Brooklyn worse, increasing our chance at it being a high pick. I do not want us to sign him though.

It's true, and the more I think about it, I don't think we can lose here.  As I said in a previous message, if we sign him and he stays healthy then we are in REALLY good shape and can make the playoffs again next year while the Nets are really terrible and likely in the lottery with the other teams in the East that have improved.  If we sign him and he gets hurt, then the Nets are still really terrible, etc, and we are also really terrible, and we're both in the lottery.  If someone else signs him, then the Nets are really terrible, etc., and we still have room for other FAs and we stay in the playoffs, or we miss out and are in the lottery.  If the Nets resign him, then they have to pay a ton for him and are seriously bad off with the cap and still might not be better than the other teams in the East that are improved.

That's a glass half full take gents.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

Re: Brook Lopez Will Opt Out
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2015, 08:28:26 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Expect the Celtics to go hard after free agent big men in this order

Marc Gasol - No chance
LMA - less than 1% chance
Love - Very low chance
Monroe - Possible
Lopez - Could happen
Robin Lopez / Kosta Koufos / Bismack Biyombo - Consolation prize
agree 100%
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2015, 08:39:12 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I'd be happy with Monroe or the Lopez brothers together. The others I am not crazy about and I wouldn't spend big money for them. I'd rather have Tristan Thompson over any of the bottom row but that's probably very unlikely too.

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2015, 08:44:51 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
The gambling man in me wants to bet on Brook's poor health and hope the Nets get stuck with him.

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2015, 08:58:18 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I'd be happy with Monroe or the Lopez brothers together. The others I am not crazy about and I wouldn't spend big money for them. I'd rather have Tristan Thompson over any of the bottom row but that's probably very unlikely too.

You'd have to imagine that the Lopez brothers would love to play with each other, right? I am not really advocating it since I am not a huge Brook fan and there are other bigs I would rather sign, but we are one of the few teams who could actually offer that option for them.

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2015, 09:01:15 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Can we go after both of the Lopez Brothers?  Then grab the Zellers and Plumlees?   Is there two of those?   ****,   it makes as much sense as 10 guards.

Don't forget about the Gasol brothers and the Morris twins (although they aren't necessarily 'bigs'). We could have a really interesting team.

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2015, 09:19:42 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Can we go after both of the Lopez Brothers?  Then grab the Zellers and Plumlees?   Is there two of those?   ****,   it makes as much sense as 10 guards.

Don't forget about the Gasol brothers and the Morris twins (although they aren't necessarily 'bigs'). We could have a really interesting team.

Morris twins could be playing prison ball after they go to court.

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2015, 09:27:51 AM »

Offline kheldar52077

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 8
Both he and T. young opted out but report says they will sign a new deal with nets. I hope other teams pry them away though   ;D

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2015, 09:48:47 AM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84

oh, crap.  good call.  i'm buying nba2k15 today just to get it done.   im excited.

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2015, 10:14:23 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
I hope he's out of Brooklyn for the reasons stated above, but the Nets must feel like they have a good chance of re-signing him, having traded Plumlee. If they lose Lopez and don't have Plumlee, it's not like they have a lot of money to go out and recruit somebody.

Mike