Author Topic: Think it's time for a break guys  (Read 11309 times)

Re: Think it's time for a break guys
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2014, 11:49:47 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
But.....but.......I bought you this ring....

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2014, 11:54:37 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
But.....but.......I bought you this ring....
hahahahaha

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2014, 10:43:26 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Haha, it looks like this was his first post in over 3 weeks so he came back to tell us he's leaving?

I'd love some context, is this regarding the front page?  Is it about Cleveland offering Wiggins for Love?  I wouldn't take sports news so seriously, our mods and writers don't usually have exclusive inside connections with Ainge or the players.  They don't literally "know" things for fact, they are writing opinions and reporting rumors.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2014, 10:48:46 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Haha, it looks like this was his first post in over 3 weeks so he came back to tell us he's leaving?

I'd love some context, is this regarding the front page?  Is it about Cleveland offering Wiggins for Love?  I wouldn't take sports news so seriously, our mods and writers don't usually have exclusive inside connections with Ainge or the players.  They don't literally "know" things for fact, they are writing opinions and reporting rumors.

No, I'm pretty sure it was one about Rondo... one that someone reported X team had X interest in Rondo (probably Houston) and we all pretty much knew that they had nothing of interest to offer us, but Celticsblog did their due diligence and passed on the rumor on their front page... you know, so we could discuss it and all that.

I think that's the one or something along those lines, and if he's taking offense to that then... he has no future in the internet. Or lacks the ability to discern for himself what rumors he should give more credence to and what not.

In all, who cares?

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2014, 10:57:13 AM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
35 posts in and he's writing a "goodbye" thread? 

I had about 2400 posts, and left for years, and I don't remember starting a thread over it.

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2014, 11:06:13 AM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2014, 11:26:02 AM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
Due to no fault of anyone but DA, things have been pretty dull, not only here, but all across Celtic nation! (Just kidding about Danny, I'm sure he's workin' his butt off, but just can't get anything fruitful done!).
Still, at least three or four times a day I check in, hoping to see some great "BREAKING NEWS"! Can't help myself---it's part of being a Celtic fan!

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2014, 11:33:56 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Offseason is exciting more than regular season ;D
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2014, 11:48:04 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

I had about 2400 posts, and left for years, and I don't remember starting a thread over it.

I was thinking the same thing, wow, 35 posts!  I think some have had 35 posts in the sane thread.   ;D
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2014, 11:53:33 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Just because he has 35 posts does not mean he has only been on here 35 times. One of my best friends is on here 7 times a day and he does not post. He loves the celtics and celticsblog as much as anyone else and we have been on here since the 8th grade.

Myself, for example, I may have never started posting on here if it were not for the move to sb nation. It forced me to sign up and start an account. 13 years ago I had an account on here and I used to get extra credit from my english teacher for writing posts and printing them out and showing her. They had to be good and grammatically correct, as well as follow essay format etc. My handle was Heflnator.

I guess the biggest reason I did not post was because I would scroll down on the topics and would keep reading until I found someone who shared my viewpoint. Maybe I was too lazy to post, or was too busy with my social life and partying and chasing girls.

We have to realize that most do not post and just read. We are basically their voices....

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2014, 12:03:15 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
If your standards are too high to appreciate Celticsblog, then good luck finding any source for Celtics news.

Unless Ainge is your best bud then CBlog is probably your best bet.

In response to Future Celtics Owner, I agree 35 posts doesn't make someone's opinion irrelevant. However, there's certainly a community vibe to the Celticsblog forums. Sometimes it takes a few hundred posts for people to recognize your name and really read through all your posts.

-A guy getting his foot in the door

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2014, 12:09:32 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

No, you didn't.  You just disappeared off the face of the earth, and had a lot of us worried about you, you big lug!

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2014, 12:12:20 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Just because he has 35 posts does not mean he has only been on here 35 times. One of my best friends is on here 7 times a day and he does not post. He loves the celtics and celticsblog as much as anyone else and we have been on here since the 8th grade.

I agree that post count has nothing to do with somebody's CelticsBlog "bonafides" or the quality of their opinion.

My disappointment with this thread comes from the description of the "moderator's" comments, without a link.  My guess is that it comes from some sort of misunderstanding.  If it doesn't, I'd like to read what the staff member allegedly wrote, and talk to him about it.

All that said, I get that rumor season is not for everyone, nor is a long rebuild.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2014, 12:20:14 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I can't quit you, CBaby.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2014, 12:27:15 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

I agree that post count has nothing to do with somebody's CelticsBlog "bonafides" or the quality of their opinion.

My disappointment with this thread comes from the description of the "moderator's" comments, without a link.  My guess is that it comes from some sort of misunderstanding.  If it doesn't, I'd like to read what the staff member allegedly wrote, and talk to him about it.

All that said, I get that rumor season is not for everyone, nor is a long rebuild.

Some comments in this report is the only thing I've read that might fit what the OP is talking about:
http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/7/14/5897937/stein-rockets-interest-in-rondo-again

And if that's what he's using for his evidence, then he has completely mischaracterized and misrepresented what is being said there. If it's not, then no clue where he's getting that notion.