Author Topic: Super Bowl LII: NE vs. PHI  (Read 42577 times)

Re: Super Bowl LII: NE vs. PHI
« Reply #195 on: February 04, 2018, 11:16:37 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Tom has played cruddy so far

Cue the stupid "Shoulda kept Garapalo" junk all off season
I too hate it when my QB only throws for a measly 489 yards
Well when Nick Foles outplays you.....

Dude, Brady had over 400 yards passing.  He played fine.  The Pats defense was atrocious.  That's why they lost.
over 500.

Team put up 33 points (should have had 4 more from easy field goals). defense just couldnt stop a nose bleed. They punted what? one time?

Blaming Brady for this is so hilarious and just shows how spoiled we are. Tommy puts up 505 and 3 TDs with his #2 target sitting in the locker room against a top 5 defense and people have the audacity to say Brady played badly.
Is it audacity to say what happened?

You're probably the one and only person in the world that thinks Brady played badly.

But I guess everyone else is wrong and you are right, right?
Critical dropped pass that hit his hands. Passes in the dirt all night. Missing open receivers. Held the ball too long for a strip sack.

If he'd had the game the backup QB had then the Pats win.

It's ok not to be a homer apologist sometimes.
This is pure ridiculousness. The pass to a QB has to be 100% on the money because QBs aren't WRs. That pass was too high.

The passes that were in the dirt to receivers with tight coverage were meant to be in the dirt because that's what smart QBs do. You put the ball where only your receiver has a chance to catch it and no one else.

The dude threw a ton of passes and threw for over 500 yards. Yes, even the best of QBs on their best days will miss a couple open receivers. It happens to great QBs every week of the season.

On the strip sack he had almost no time to make a decision. There were no open receicers and a couple of the receivers hadn't finished their routes yet. Just a great play by the Philly defense. That's no one's "fault". Its just a great play.

Your Brady hate is unwarranted given how he played here and your analysis borders on not having a clue of how the game is played. Stopped being so p!ssed the Pats won and using Beady as your whipping boy. This loss isn't on Brady. Its on Belichick, Patricia and just awful excecution of the defense on 3rd and 4th down.
The balls were meant to be in the dirt. Wow. Well I'm glad I have a great football mind like you to teach me how to play great football Nick. I mean if the balls were meant to be in the dirt then Brady did great. Hey I mean maybe Foles could have improved his performance by throwing a few more in the dirt. Win by more points.

I mean I'm just ridiculous over here expecting QBs to not throw balls into the dirt. Man I'm just ridiculous sometimes.
That this was what you took away from nick's response really confirms your last line
So you guys think Brady and Belichick think he played a great game? He had all day to find the best receivers in the game and didn't find them. Then lost a fumble with the game on the line.

Not really a great game.

Yes the defense did worse. Brady can still have a bad game.

« Reply #196 on: February 04, 2018, 11:16:50 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Dude, Brady had over 400 yards passing.  He played fine.  The Pats defense was atrocious.  That's why they lost.
over 500.

Team put up 33 points (should have had 4 more from easy field goals). defense just couldnt stop a nose bleed. They punted what? one time?

Blaming Brady for this is so hilarious and just shows how spoiled we are. Tommy puts up 505 and 3 TDs with his #2 target sitting in the locker room against a top 5 defense and people have the audacity to say Brady played badly.

You're probably the one and only person in the world that thinks Brady played badly.

Critical dropped pass that hit his hands. Passes in the dirt all night. Missing open receivers. Held the ball too long for a strip sack.

This is pure ridiculousness. The pass to a QB has to be 100% on the money because QBs aren't WRs. That pass was too high.

The passes that were in the dirt to receivers with tight coverage were meant to be in the dirt because that's what smart QBs do. You put the ball where only your receiver has a chance to catch it and no one else.

The dude threw a ton of passes and threw for over 500 yards. Yes, even the best of QBs on their best days will miss a couple open receivers. It happens to great QBs every week of the season.

On the strip sack he had almost no time to make a decision. There were no open receicers and a couple of the receivers hadn't finished their routes yet. Just a great play by the Philly defense. That's no one's "fault". Its just a great play.

Your Brady hate is unwarranted given how he played here and your analysis borders on not having a clue of how the game is played. Stopped being so p!ssed the Pats won and using Beady as your whipping boy. This loss isn't on Brady. Its on Belichick, Patricia and just awful excecution of the defense on 3rd and 4th down.
Who played better? Foles or Brady? Who had the better supporting cast?
Brady and Foles played outstanding in their own rights. Brady literally had better stats. I would say that neither outplayed the other. Foles team won but Brady had the better statistical game.

Who had thw better supporting cast? Oh I don't know the Pats were missing their best WR in Edelman, their second best receiver, Cooks  went out with a concussion early, their best defensive player, Hightower wasn't playing, for reasons only Belichick knows(perhaps he had the flu), the Pats best DB didn't play. I think a good case can be made that Foles had the better supporting cast.

« Reply #197 on: February 04, 2018, 11:17:50 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Pats defense was putrid

« Reply #198 on: February 04, 2018, 11:20:43 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

over 500.

Brady and Foles played outstanding in their own rights. Brady literally had better stats. I would say that neither outplayed the other. Foles team won but Brady had the better statistical game.

Who had thw better supporting cast? Oh I don't know the Pats were missing their best WR in Edelman, their second best receiver, Cooks  went out with a concussion early, their best defensive player, Hightower wasn't playing, for reasons only Belichick knows(perhaps he had the flu), the Pats best DB didn't play. I think a good case can be made that Foles had the better supporting cast.
Don't let that stand in the way of eja's irrationality!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #199 on: February 04, 2018, 11:22:00 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

over 500.

A bunch of yards doesn't really mean a ton in an uptempo game like this and throwing it up for Gronk to make an absolute miracle catch doesn't exactly mean you made a great play.

At least admit Brady wishes he could have this back, could have a bunch of plays back, and Foles doesn't feel that way even a little bit. 

I'll admit Brady isn't in the top 3 reasons they lost.

I'd place several things higher.

In no order

BB
Gostkowski/fg unit
the defense in general (no sacks I think. Only one TO against a back up)
Defensive game plan
Maybe Malcolm Butler, not sure

« Reply #200 on: February 04, 2018, 11:22:17 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
So what happens to butler? He was on a 1 yr deal. He was crying during the anthem. Didn't play. Any possibility he returns?

« Reply #201 on: February 04, 2018, 11:23:40 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
So what happens to butler? He was on a 1 yr deal. He was crying during the anthem. Didn't play. Any possibility he returns?
He should call Smart and maybe by some chance they can get a two for deal if they happen to end up in the same city

« Reply #202 on: February 04, 2018, 11:32:40 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

over 500.

McCourty, Chung and Gilmore are all better than Butler. Harmon might be too.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #203 on: February 04, 2018, 11:42:24 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

over 500.

The balls were meant to be in the dirt. Wow. Well I'm glad I have a great football mind like you to teach me how to play great football Nick. I mean if the balls were meant to be in the dirt then Brady did great. Hey I mean maybe Foles could have improved his performance by throwing a few more in the dirt. Win by more points.

I mean I'm just ridiculous over here expecting QBs to not throw balls into the dirt. Man I'm just ridiculous sometimes.
eja...you're a pretty intelligent guy but this is some of the least football educated and least football informed stuff I have seen in some time and am surprised its coming from you.

Yes, QBs throw it to a place where only their player can make a play on the ball so that if he does catch it great, and if not, you get to play the next down because you didn't turn it over. Sometimes that's throwing the ball out of bounds where maybe only your player had a chance to catch it over the back shoulder, sometimes thats throwing the ball real low where maybe your man scoops it off the turf. But in both cases its so only your team had a chance to catch it and not the other team. Brady did this a bunch tonight because he dudn't have time in the pocket or because no one was open or both. You throw the incompletion and live to pkay another down.

That's not rocket science. That's high school QB 101.

« Reply #204 on: February 04, 2018, 11:49:39 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

over 500.

That this was what you took away from nick's response really confirms your last line
So you guys think Brady and Belichick think he played a great game? He had all day to find the best receivers in the game and didn't find them. Then lost a fumble with the game on the line.

Not really a great game.

Yes the defense did worse. Brady can still have a bad game.

The Patriots didn’t punt once. The play that Brady lost the ball, Philly got to him with a three man rush. Gostowski left 4 points on the board. There’s not much more Brady could have done.

« Reply #205 on: February 04, 2018, 11:49:57 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

over 500.

A bunch of yards doesn't really mean a ton in an uptempo game like this and throwing it up for Gronk to make an absolute miracle catch doesn't exactly mean you made a great play.

At least admit Brady wishes he could have this back, could have a bunch of plays back, and Foles doesn't feel that way even a little bit. 

I'll admit Brady isn't in the top 3 reasons they lost.

I'd place several things higher.

In no order

BB
Gostkowski/fg unit
the defense in general (no sacks I think. Only one TO against a back up)
Defensive game plan
Maybe Malcolm Butler, not sure
Every professional athlete who loses always wishes they could have a play or two back to do different. It doesn't mean they didn't play outstanding. It just means they wish they could have played better. But sonetimes, no matter how good you play, you just get beat. That's what happened with Brady today. Played unreal. 40 year old guy, 505 yards passing, 3 TDs, zero interceptions. Brought his team from 10 down to take a lead in the 4th quarter of a SB and just came up a bit short. That's not playing poorly or getting outplayed by the other QB. That's the stuff of legends.

« Reply #206 on: February 04, 2018, 11:54:43 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

over 500.

McCourty, Chung and Gilmore are all better than Butler. Harmon might be too.
Don't agree with that. Chung and McCourty are safeties not DBs. Harmon is pretty much a safety too though plays some nickelback. And I think Butler is better than Gilmore. So my opinion, Butler is their best DB, especially in coverage. Though others may think differently

« Reply #207 on: February 05, 2018, 12:12:41 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

over 500.

eja...you're a pretty intelligent guy but this is some of the least football educated and least football informed stuff I have seen in some time and am surprised its coming from you.

Yes, QBs throw it to a place where only their player can make a play on the ball so that if he does catch it great, and if not, you get to play the next down because you didn't turn it over. Sometimes that's throwing the ball out of bounds where maybe only your player had a chance to catch it over the back shoulder, sometimes thats throwing the ball real low where maybe your man scoops it off the turf. But in both cases its so only your team had a chance to catch it and not the other team. Brady did this a bunch tonight because he dudn't have time in the pocket or because no one was open or both. You throw the incompletion and live to pkay another down.

Hm. The GOAT who only got sacked once tonight didn't have enough time in the pocket. Maybe that explains when he threw a screen pass into the dirt. Nobody's open...so throw it in the dirt. Hm. Very interesting.

I also find it interesting that on this thread I'm ridiculous for being a Brady hater but on the other thread I'm ridiculous saying Brady could lead an all time Patriots team to beat an all time team against the field.

I'm just always so ridiculous.

« Reply #208 on: February 05, 2018, 12:18:56 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

over 500.

Hm. The GOAT who only got sacked once tonight didn't have enough time in the pocket. Maybe that explains when he threw a screen pass into the dirt. Nobody's open...so throw it in the dirt. Hm. Very interesting.

I also find it interesting that on this thread I'm ridiculous for being a Brady hater but on the other thread I'm ridiculous saying Brady could lead an all time Patriots team to beat an all time team against the field.

I'm just always so ridiculous.
Well....in actuality....yeah, both opinions are pretty ridiculous. TP. 😄

« Reply #209 on: February 05, 2018, 12:19:27 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
I've watched every game of Brady's career. This was one of the best I've ever seen him play. It's a shame the team was not good enough to get the win tonight.