Author Topic: If Available, Go After Bradley Beal?  (Read 2618 times)

If Available, Go After Bradley Beal?
« on: June 16, 2019, 01:15:39 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I know, just like Capela, it'll be complicated because of the salary issues (Beal will make about the same as AD next season) and you wonder if it's worth it since you know, Beal isn't Anthony Davis's level obviously.

But I do believe Beal is underrated and at 25 years old, averaged 25/5/6 and feels like he could keep improving. Plus he's apparently great friends with Tatum and would be a great fit on this team. Doesn't seem like a headcase either and is a team player.

Again, there are obviously roadblocks in thinking about a Beal trade and we don't even know if he's available, but if WAS takes offers for him, would you want us to be in the bidding?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: If Available, Go After Bradley Beal?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 01:25:48 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Well, the price matters.  If you means brown plus change then I would probably consider it.

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 01:26:00 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
No.  He'd be too expensive and he doesn't move the championship needle. 

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 01:31:42 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Well, the price matters.  If you means brown plus change then I would probably consider it.

I'd consider it too.

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 01:38:29 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
I would absolutely go after him, problem is Washington doesn’t have a head of basketball right now.

Would Smart,Baynes, Yabusele, Williams, 14, 20, and the Memphis pick work for both teams? 
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 01:41:07 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I would absolutely go after him, problem is Washington doesn’t have a head of basketball right now.

Would Smart,Baynes, Yabusele, Williams, 14, 20, and the Memphis pick work for both teams?

I kind of think they would want one of Jaylen/Tatum, and I also think Baynes opted-in recently with reassurance he wouldn't get dealt in a trade elsewhere.

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 01:46:42 PM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Now we're talking. Beal would be huge upgrade, but we would have to make some room for him.

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2019, 01:56:13 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton

I kind of think they would want one of Jaylen/Tatum, and I also think Baynes opted-in recently with reassurance he wouldn't get dealt in a trade elsewhere.

I agree that is what they would want, I’m just wondering if the Celtics could acquire him without giving up Tatum or Brown.  Washington’s best bet is trading Beal before the draft to maximize the assets, the issue is that nobody is in place to make those decisions for Washington.  Washington can’t afford to pay Beal and Wall the super max and I see no way they could unload Wall. 

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2019, 01:56:31 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Not really. Brown would have to be part of that trade. Beal is a SG who is a good passer, but I don't think he's great at full time PG.

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2019, 01:59:11 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Avery Bradley

then Tank

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2019, 01:59:55 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
We ve seen very stupid moves from almost every FO but if the wizs trade Beal without dumping wall everything else will pale in comparison

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2019, 02:05:44 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
We ve seen very stupid moves from almost every FO but if the wizs trade Beal without dumping wall everything else will pale in comparison

Who would take Wall?  And why would a team think... sh** we need to become the Wizards and trade for Wall and Beal?  One of them needs to be traded, I don’t see a team trading for Wall.

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2019, 02:39:24 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

Who would take Wall?  And why would a team think... sh** we need to become the Wizards and trade for Wall and Beal?  One of them needs to be traded, I don’t see a team trading for Wall.

Of course no team wants to get Wall! Did i say that ?????

Anyone who wants so desperately Beal will have to take Wall too. The wizards have the leverage , they dictate the price. Take it or leave it. It would be unbelievably stupid to to miss the only chance they have to dump that contract.

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2019, 02:47:48 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton

Of course no team wants to get Wall! Did i say that ?????

Anyone who wants so desperately Beal will have to take Wall too. The wizards have the leverage , they dictate the price. Take it or leave it. It would be unbelievably stupid to to miss the only chance they have to dump that contract.

I don’t agree that Washington dictates the price.  The entire NBA knows they can not afford to pay Wall and Beal the super max.  Washington needs to unload Beal and go full tank next year and hope that Wall reestablishes himself when he comes back. 

I don’t understand why you had to be so defensive in your reply, I was just asking a question, TP to you for taking it differently than it was intended. 

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2019, 02:54:00 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141

Baynes is a backup on any good team, but he plays a bigger role on the Celtics. He lacks the length to be a major factor in the paint. He accentuates their weakness in bigs. Horford is really a 4 who is overmatched at the 5.