Author Topic: Trade Idea - Irving to the Knicks  (Read 4020 times)

Re: Trade Idea - Irving to the Knicks
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2018, 08:49:11 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Cs are on the verge of being legit title contenders this year and you want to trade Irving? Come one man!

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2018, 09:05:40 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Where is the option under Tommy Points: for (taketh one)? This is as bad as it gets. Wow! How much does everyone worry that Kyrie is gone? And gone to the Knicks only. It's just speculation by the media. There's no real threat if Kyrie want's to win a ring. This team is loaded. Not sure why he'd want to leave. Again, it's just media throwing stuff around as it's only something that "could" happen if Kyrie decided to go elsewhere. I know the Knicks, as well as some other teams, will push hard to sign Kyrie but the C's will as well. Jimmy Butler be [dang]ed.

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2018, 09:17:02 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
No way the Knicks would do this. Maybe Irving/BOS 2019 forst/Kings 1st/Clippers 1st/Grizzlies first for Noah? Saves us $1.5 million AND lets us get rid of 4 first rounders! Not to mention that we get a whole extra year of Noah (2 instead of 1 for Irving). Noah would be a great 5th big behind Horford (who we could have traded for Melo or Dwight if Danny had been quicker), Baynes, Williams, and random G-Leaguers on 10 day contracts.  Not to mention that there would be no rumors about where Noah was going to sign like there are for Kyrie.

It's a win any way you look at it.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2018, 09:24:36 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
No way the Knicks would do this. Maybe Irving/BOS 2019 forst/Kings 1st/Clippers 1st/Grizzlies first for Noah? Saves us $1.5 million AND lets us get rid of 4 first rounders! Not to mention that we get a whole extra year of Noah (2 instead of 1 for Irving). Noah would be a great 5th big behind Horford (who we could have traded for Melo or Dwight if Danny had been quicker), Baynes, Williams, and random G-Leaguers on 10 day contracts.  Not to mention that there would be no rumors about where Noah was going to sign like there are for Kyrie.

ewww that was so sharp i almost cut myself reading it.

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2018, 09:54:00 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
A once in a lifetime gift fell into our laps a year ago.  And now, because of TMZ-type BS in the media - let's trade it away?  LOL.

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2018, 10:15:02 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

I'd do it.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2018, 06:18:11 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Ntilikina can play off the ball on both sides of the court.

5.9 PPG  .36% FG  31% from three land .8 SPG  2.3 RPG  3.2 APG in 21 mpg

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/n/ntilila01.html

Those were his stats, you can like him all you want, Ainge is not going to trade Kyrie for those kinds of stats.  It is pretty certain that he struggles on the offensive side of the ball, too with those shooting stats and I question his D with the low steal number.

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2018, 06:26:58 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I guess this time of year we get a lot of umm 'questionable' trade ideas.  Why would we trade our best player on the verge of a championship run?  I am sorry but this whole idea is just flat out dumb.

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2018, 06:28:26 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

I'd do it.

I'm seriously curious if this is a caricature of the part you play on this forum or if this is serious.

I won't argue or malign, but I am legitimately curious in your response. Is this serious?