Author Topic: Powe Wants Revenge  (Read 8272 times)

Re: Powe Wants Revenge
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2009, 08:44:36 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
thats a common occurance, a player wanting revenge on a team that they feel slighted by.  no biggie.  i say bring it!

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2009, 09:39:48 PM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
I will definitely miss Leon.  If he was around for the Orlando series the C's would have taken it.  And they would have given Cleveland a run for their money.

I doubt Leon is mad at the C's, but if he is it would be justified.  He busted his butt for them for relatively small money.  And to not get an offer at all didn't make sense.  Especially getting replaced by Shelden Williams?  For pretty much the same money?  Why wouldn't they at least keep his rights?  Unless they were trying to do him a favor.  I know the C's brass liked him a lot.

He won't be a threat to the C's though.  As far as him helping the Cavs strategize, I don't think they'll need it.  I'm sure their scouts will know more about the C's than Leon.  I think Doc will know how to keep Leon in check though.

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2009, 09:43:27 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
thats a common occurance, a player wanting revenge on a team that they feel slighted by.  no biggie.  i say bring it!

In the playoffs he'd pretty much have to match up against KG or Sheed (while Perk/Davis body up Shaq or Z).

Yup, bring it.

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2009, 09:48:45 PM »

Offline BoundingRounder

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • "Angels fly 'cause they take themselves lightly"
Is Leon really this petty or is this just some colorful language in an article?  

I think the author was taking artistic liberties.

Obviously Sheridan is "making the news"...There's no quotes around his statement...I'm absolutely positive Leon had no idea  that Sheridan would say that...It's just the BS Twitter-type world we are now faced with...Anything goes as long as it sells!
Of course, that doesn't mean that Leon won't be psyched heavily to compete against us...I'm sure he was hurt big time when we decided to move on, how you say, in another direction...For God's sake, I was deeply hurt and I didn't have so much as a farthing down on the table...
I just hope he gets well, and does well, and we win...pretty simple.
"I am shocked to discover that over 90% of our imports come from outside America!."  George Bush

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2009, 10:04:37 PM »

Offline budMovin

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 26
Leon always played with a chip on his shoulder...thats why I loved him so much. However, I wouldn't take anything from Sheridan too seriously. Leon won a championship with the Celtics and was loved by the fans. I would find it hard for him to hold a grudge against us. He is probably just disappointed that he is no longer playing with his boys.
"What we do in life echoes in eternity"
                 -Gladiator

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2009, 11:04:20 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Leon always played with a chip on his shoulder...thats why I loved him so much. However, I wouldn't take anything from Sheridan too seriously. Leon won a championship with the Celtics and was loved by the fans. I would find it hard for him to hold a grudge against us. He is probably just disappointed that he is no longer playing with his boys.

Well said. Tommy Point

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2009, 11:17:58 PM »

Offline Check_My_Stats

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
I really don't see how Sheed is going to give Powe problems. Aren't we talking about the same Sheed that got outplayed by Varejao, Joe Smith, and Wally Szcerbiak for a whole playoff series? Sheed plays the same way Ray does when Boston plays Cleveland. Really bad.

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2009, 11:30:10 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I really don't see how Sheed is going to give Powe problems. Aren't we talking about the same Sheed that got outplayed by Varejao, Joe Smith, and Wally Szcerbiak for a whole playoff series? Sheed plays the same way Ray does when Boston plays Cleveland. Really bad.

While I never condone a player quitting, I come pretty close to it here.  Detroit had zero chance of winning that series; moreover, Joe Dumars quit on that team by trading away Billups for Iverson (because he wanted to rebuild by clearing space). 

It'd hard to blame Sheed for quitting when Joe threw in the towel midway through the season. 

I wouldn't use Sheed's play in that series as a model for how he'll perform now that he's on a team that should beat the Cavs. 

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2009, 11:52:22 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
If it's true he wants revenge I guess it's his right. I know I can be petty over much less meaningful things. If he wants to explode for crazy numbers when he plays the Celtics fine by me everyone else seems to have a career night against us anyway.
I wish him a strong and speedy recovery so he can have his chance.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2009, 11:59:44 PM »

Offline Check_My_Stats

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4

While I never condone a player quitting, I come pretty close to it here.  Detroit had zero chance of winning that series; moreover, Joe Dumars quit on that team by trading away Billups for Iverson (because he wanted to rebuild by clearing space). 

It'd hard to blame Sheed for quitting when Joe threw in the towel midway through the season. 

I wouldn't use Sheed's play in that series as a model for how he'll perform now that he's on a team that should beat the Cavs. 

Did he quit in 07 also? The guy hasn't done squat against the Cavs in the past, and I doubt that changes now. And for the record im not a Cavs homer either. Im just a Lebron fan living in Pittsburgh. So I have no bias towards Cleveland sports. I think the Marquis Daniels signing was underrated and that Sheed could be useful off the bench. But I think a lot of Boston fans are overrating Rasheed Wallace. The guy is well-past his prime and his a 7 foot SG at this point in his career.