Author Topic: Powe Wants Revenge  (Read 8271 times)

Powe Wants Revenge
« on: August 12, 2009, 11:51:03 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Los Angeles, Portland, Dallas, Orlando and Miami also expressed interest in Powe, whose preference was to remain in the Eastern Conference and to sign with the team most capable of giving him his best shot to exact some revenge on the Celtics after they effectively gave up on him by declining to tender him a qualifying offer.

Our front court would smash the midget power forward.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4392457
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

Re: Powe Wants Revenge
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 11:54:08 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
*shrug* I can see why he'd be upset with Danny after what happened.

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 11:54:40 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Midget?

Prime example of an ungrateful and bitter fan.

Besides, Powe never came out and said he wanted revenge that's just Chris Sheridan being Chris Sheridan.

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 11:57:12 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Is Leon really this petty or is this just some colorful language in an article?  It's a freakin' business.  Danny is employed by the Boston Celtics...not Leon Powe.  He looks out for the teams best interest and made a business decision in the best interest of the team. 

I haven't seen a quote from Leon to this effect.  However, if this is his attitude, then I hope we get to show him why he looked so good when he was with us.  I wish him nothing but luck until we meet him on the court.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 12:02:17 PM by RAcker »

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 12:03:54 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Is Leon really this petty or is this just some colorful language in an article?  It's a freakin' business.  Danny is employed by the Boston Celtics...not Leon Powe.  He looks out for the teams best interest and made a business decision in the best interest of the team. 

Well, first, I think Sheridan over stated it.  I don't think Powe is really that angry with Danny and the C's.  I think he completely understands it's a business.  However, I also think he is the type of guy (like Pierce and Rondo), who will use any percieved slight as a chance to motivate himself.  I don't think it is petty, I think that is just how he gets himself going.

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 12:04:05 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
please please please
play varejao and powe at the same  time.
please please please
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 12:09:36 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!

Well, first, I think Sheridan over stated it.  I don't think Powe is really that angry with Danny and the C's.  I think he completely understands it's a business.  However, I also think he is the type of guy (like Pierce and Rondo), who will use any percieved slight as a chance to motivate himself.  I don't think it is petty, I think that is just how he gets himself going.

I agree, Chris.  I wasn't saying that being motivated by it is petty, but rather that if he had the attitude of wanting to stay in the Eastern Conference just to get back at Boston as Sheridan says is silly. This just doesn't sound like the Leon I've been watching.

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 12:15:49 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I'm pretty sure the source is a tweet from a Cavsinsider.

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 12:17:42 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
i don't have a problem with powe or delonte...but if they're gonna play with a chip on their shoulders, i might develop a problem.

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 12:27:45 PM »

Offline wild

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 2
getting revenge eh?
How bout the Celtics getting a revenge at The Q on opening night?
Get that 18th banner ready!

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 12:39:29 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
please please please
play varejao and powe at the same  time.
please please please

I think Z is the only big the Cavs have that can play on the floor at the same time as Leon. Spacing....

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 12:46:17 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Is Leon really this petty or is this just some colorful language in an article?  

I think the author was taking artistic liberties.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 12:48:42 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 660
  • MASTER OF PANIC
whatever powe...it is because of boston you even have a career in the NBA

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2009, 01:02:42 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
Los Angeles, Portland, Dallas, Orlando and Miami also expressed interest in Powe, whose preference was to remain in the Eastern Conference and to sign with the team most capable of giving him his best shot to exact some revenge on the Celtics after they effectively gave up on him by declining to tender him a qualifying offer.

Our front court would smash the midget power forward.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4392457

Little bit of a cruel post there bank. I should say the same of Fat "non-rebounder" Baby who wanted to Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. himself for a big contract this off season and was put in his place by not getting one. For some reason ALOT of people are under the impression BBD is a god on this blog and i'm not afraid to say it. Powe gave alot more then BBD in his time here....

If Mike Brown has a drop of intelligence, he should match up Powe with Davis in future encounters...because it's blatantly obvious who will win that matchup. BBD will exit with 4 fouls in 2 seconds. Davis can't get that shot off with someone in his face, and if Powe can contain Dirk I think he can take Baby.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2009, 01:03:08 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
We loved you Leon, but now you're POWE-blic Enemy #1!

Just another face in the crowd. 

I hope you make it far enough back to play again, and that you can find a way to get some minutes on that team.
Yup