Author Topic: LeBron still whining he did nothing wrong by not shaking hands!  (Read 5097 times)

Re: LeBron still whining he did nothing wrong by not shaking hands!
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009, 06:12:40 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
I'm cool with him not wanting to shake hands..you win some you lose some, that's the way it is
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009, 08:42:10 AM »

Offline Tenacious D

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 232
The rampant cynicism variously expressed here (so, what, its a biz, bugger sportsmanship)is breathtaking.

By itself, it's perhaps not a big deal, but as TPD pointed out, it does seem to fit a pattern of entitlement. I think we quite enough in this USA of well-palced people believing that the rules do not apply. And the fact the the refs get out of his way is not so good for the game.
"Celtics Bring Structure And Discipline To A Chaotic World"

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009, 08:56:34 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
very cool

very not so much

Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2009, 09:00:03 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
i don't care about LeSally James's anti handshake stance...i just want to make sure we're the ones to tick him off in this year's playoffs. it'll do my soul good to watch him run off to the locker room like a whiny little poorsport again.

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2009, 09:00:31 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Isnt this just extremely fitting.  We see the Cavs showboating all year, taking fake team pictures and then when they lose he doesnt even shake hands.  I feel like this is the epitomy of bad sportsmanship, yucking it up when you win and being a sore loser when you lose.  Sets a really great example for all the kids watching him.  
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2009, 09:59:23 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
While I agree that in LeCrab's individual case, he was being a whiny baby, I don't nit pick every player that pouts a little after a loss. 

LeCrab's issue is that he is so famous with kids and yet so over the top in his celebration of wins and in his pre-game circus that he should have done the handshakes and hugs if for no other reason than to show kids that he respects his opponents. Afterwards he can be understandably upset.

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2009, 11:48:57 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
When the C's knock the Cavs out next Spring this debate will rear its ugly head once again.  :)

I sure hope so, that brutal beating I beleive the last game we played the Cavs was disgusting

We beat them pretty solidly when they were last in Boston. The Celtics will need their full squad to beat the Cavs in Cleveland.