Author Topic: Powe signs with the Cavaliers (merged)  (Read 18636 times)

Re: So Leon is gonna be a Cav...
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2009, 05:05:19 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
My biggest concern is that he may give Cleveland information regarding our tactics. Hopefully he will go there and ruin their chemistry and at the end of the year say that he still loves Boston. That'd be great.

Seriously though, good luck to the guy. I'll never forget game 2 of the Finals against LA last year. In the words of the man who thumps bass, Powe Pimpin'!!

Re: I can't believe we let Leon go to the Cavs!
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2009, 05:09:17 AM »

Offline kheeko

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 69
Couldnt u have posted this in the other x17373748 leon threads

the osbession with powe is getting out of hand

« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2009, 06:17:04 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
What a bummer! Leon Powe is a Celtic Cav.

Live with it and don't worry, we'll
still beat them, if we can stay healthy.

« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2009, 07:16:15 AM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Thats 1 added thing about Danny Ainge i'll never get. The 1st was the James Posey situation (should've granted him an extra year). Leon was good, a very good fit for us, but I don't understand the Cavs need for him. They JJ Hickson, Varajeo, Shaq, Zydrunas, D Jackson, and J williams??? Who's going to play what and when ???

« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2009, 07:27:10 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Quick question for everyone who's made a thread similar to this one in the last 2 months:

Was it not the consensus last regular season and heading into the playoffs that Ainge had a decision to make regarding Powe Vs. Baby this summer? The majority of people realized one of the two would not be back, and this injury combined with Baby's playoff performance made that decision pretty easy.

« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2009, 07:44:14 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 661
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i live in columbus ohio...our local sports radio show brought this up...said the cavs will be surprised if they get anything out of powe this season and that the host personally would have rather had baby. said the powe signing didn't do much to help cleveland's sagging front line

« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2009, 07:53:25 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Quick question for everyone who's made a thread similar to this one in the last 2 months:

Was it not the consensus last regular season and heading into the playoffs that Ainge had a decision to make regarding Powe Vs. Baby this summer? The majority of people realized one of the two would not be back, and this injury combined with Baby's playoff performance made that decision pretty easy.

I've brought it up numerous times, but most want to play the "Danny is the devil" card. But it's fine, I'll just enjoy my journey towards 18.

« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2009, 07:55:05 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Thats 1 added thing about Danny Ainge i'll never get. The 1st was the James Posey situation (should've granted him an extra year). Leon was good, a very good fit for us, but I don't understand the Cavs need for him. They JJ Hickson, Varajeo, Shaq, Zydrunas, D Jackson, and J williams??? Who's going to play what and when ???

Funny that you bring up Cleveland with 6 big men, and ignore that we the Celtics also have 6 big men.

« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2009, 08:17:19 AM »

Offline ben

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43

Yeah, I think it was an easy decision to bring Powe back, the player that contributed to our championship run.  Can't figure out why it didn't happen despite his injury.

Re: Powe signs with the Cavaliers (merged)
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2009, 08:41:14 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
This obsessing over a broke down Power is high comedy! ;D
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2009, 08:55:28 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
Question for everyone who misses Leon:

Who will have the better year...the undersized and injured Leon Powe, or the taller and healthier Sheldon Williams? Sheldon hasn't lived up to being the number 5 pick in a draft, but he's already put up better numbers than Leon ever has or ever will.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Leon, but we've made an upgrade at every spot on this team, including our 5th big man position.

« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2009, 09:00:30 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 661
  • MASTER OF PANIC
leon is a nice guy...but boston needs players that will be there from day one...i am confident shelden can and will do the things leon did. and he will be able to do them from game 1

« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2009, 09:01:14 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Sheldon hasn't lived up to being the number 5 pick in a draft, but he's already put up better numbers than Leon ever has or ever will.

How so?  Leon has put up better scoring, rebounding, and field goal percentage numbers.  Williams averaged 4.1 points and 3.4 rebounds last year.  Williams is a pretty good defender and rebounder, but he wasn't signed due to his numbers.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2009, 09:10:07 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
yeah, but i'm talking about career averages. with the exception of a 2 ppg differential between the two guys, their stats are identical. you're right roy, Leon has had the better stats the last two years, but he's been playing next to quality talent. Perk's and Leon's game left much to be desired before the big 3 came to town and we had KG drawing the defense's attention. i look forward to seeing what Sheldon's capable of with talent around him. also, i'd rather take a chance on a healthy sheldon than hope for a full recovery from Leon. maybe that's just me.

last year wasn't a good year for him, but i'm excited to see what Sheldon can do when given Clifford Ray as his big man coach and our frontcourt to work with.

Re: So Leon is gonna be a Cav...
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2009, 09:23:03 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
My biggest concern is that he may give Cleveland information regarding our tactics.

Ah, but he never remembered the plays or rotations so we are still safe!