Author Topic: Hey Toine, party's over. Time to get ready to get ready to defend worst record  (Read 7359 times)

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Doesn't appear that that shooting had anything to do with Toine.  And why can't he have a birthday party? ::)  Are you the same person who started this same thread for Pierce? :-\

nah, but he was one of us pointing out how ridiculous that thread is. I assume this is satire from CDF :)

satire, indeed

but there really is a chance Toine could play for the one of the worst teams in the league 2 years in a row...scary that there were 3 teams worse than Minn. with their roster last year...also scary that the Knicks were actually better than them
When you love life, life loves you right back

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Maybe if Antoine gives Chris Wallace enough McDonalds and birthday cake, Wallace will pick up his option years.

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Toine' Plays for the grizzlies now ??? Boy i've lost track of him...
my initial thoughts
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Offline twistedrico

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
Leave Antoine alone. He gave it all when he was here and did a lot for the community.

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Leave Antoine alone. He gave it all when he was here and did a lot for the community.

I think you missed the pretext for this thread, its a joke... Toine did nothing wrong (just as PP has done nothing wrong - an allusion to an earlier thread)
When you love life, life loves you right back

Offline PSquared

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
I wonder if Antoine realizes this will be the last year that he makes seriously good money playing basketball for the rest of his life?

He's playing for his next contract so it should be interesting to see what type of shape he goes to in camp.

I don't think he's THAT ignorant and stupid to not realize this, nick.  I have a feeling the Grizz(or whatever other team he's dealt to at the deadline) will get the Good Toine(for a change).....

Oh and whomever thought up this article did it in very poor taste.   I bet this sort of thing happens all time in the hood but 'cause Walker was in the same zip code, the person writing the article decided to spice it up a bit by mentioning an NBA Player.  This was all for the sake of stirring up news and selling papers...

Toine, for all his "possee" and other shenanigans, is a smart enough man not to get his azz involved in s*** like this....The man was already tied up and robbed at gunpoint in his own home once. 

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I wonder if Antoine realizes this will be the last year that he makes seriously good money playing basketball for the rest of his life?

He's playing for his next contract so it should be interesting to see what type of shape he goes to in camp.

Man, we love to crap on players once they exit huh? Antoine loved Boston and wanted to stay here. He played hard, showed heart and was a good leader...

Why is there so much hate on CB towards him? Are we that smug a sports fan now?

Yes its true, Antione has a no place on this team anymore...

He might be as productive as BBD and Powe coming off the bench but at the veteran minimum, he'd be more expensive and much older. Doesn't make sense for this club.

I will say this though, I wish him the best and would welcome him back to Boston if Ainge saw a fit.

Yes, Sir! TP for you. It's bout time someone else defends Toine. Sure, the guy hasn't been in shape in the past 2 seasons or so...he did play great when he was here. I was excited to see him comeback, even though he left again. IMO It's wrong to show hatred towards a player that did no wrong towards our team. It'd be different if he had went elsewhere and trashed Boston, but that never happened. He jumped from team to team hoping to make his money..AKA..James Posey. After Posey signed with the Hornets, I saw more love towards how great he was and how he helped us and good luck towards him and his future. Yes, Posey helped produce another banner, but #8 didn't have KG and Ray. Stop hating on Antoine, and remember that a shaped-up #8 would produce better numbers than Mr.Scalabrine
Can't stop, Rondo!

Online freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156

Man, we love to crap on players once they exit huh? Antoine loved Boston and wanted to stay here. He played hard, showed heart and was a good leader...

Of course he loved Boston.  We were the only team in the league stupid enough to give him a max contract.  And we let him launch awful shots at an embarrassing rate to boot?

And the showing heart and being a good leader doesnt fly for me.  Does a good leader let his FT% drop every year till it gets to the point of embarrassment?  Does a good leader let his rebounding numbers get to the point that some shooting guards would feel like they arent hitting the glass hard enough?  What kind of message does that send to his young teammates about work ethic?

And don't forget about Antoine showing up to camp out of shape during the Pitino era.  Of course, it was Pitino, but the guy was still coach and deserves a player's best effort.

Offline Las Vegas Asian

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
Party's not over yet! Saw Toine this afternoon at Caesars Palace here in Vegas. Though to his defense he did look like he was in pretty good shape weight wise.

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Time to go out and sink 13 threes
and crush The Snake's record  ;)