Author Topic: 2016-17 Golden State Warriors Thread  (Read 27004 times)

Re: 2016-17 Golden State Warriors Thread
« Reply #105 on: November 05, 2016, 11:54:41 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Warriors have one of the easiest weeks of the year with games against the nuggets, pelicans and Mavericks with 2 of them at home. Either they will sweep and dominate or their interior problems will really become magnified.

« Reply #106 on: November 06, 2016, 12:47:43 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Warriors have one of the easiest weeks of the year with games against the nuggets, pelicans and Mavericks with 2 of them at home. Either they will sweep and dominate or their interior problems will really become magnified.

They've had a pretty easy start to the year so far, and if you include the next four games, then they have to have the easiest schedule for the first ten games so far:

Spurs - elite opponent
Suns - terrible opponent
Pelicans - terrible opponent
Trailblazers - Very good to elite opponent
Oklahoma City - good to very good opponent
Lakers - moderately bad opponent

New Orleans/Dallas/Denver/Phoenix - all terrible teams with a combined record of 4-18.

Re: Re: NBA Season 2016-2017
« Reply #107 on: November 06, 2016, 12:51:06 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Thompson having another terrible night as the Warriors are getting pounded by the Lakers.

I would love for Thompson to get disgruntled, and break the warriors chemistry. He would look great in green.  :-X

For real. I think it's pretty clear that he's the black sheep of that group, too.

Still, it's just hard imagining a scenario where he gets traded in the season, unless Bradley keeps up his ridiculous ways.
And even then I would never trade AB straight up for Klay..a one way streaky offensive player..heck AB is catchin up to him offensively.

I love AB, and I too, have been in the camp that has underrated him, but... Let's be completely honest... Klay is still offensively and defensively better or at least to an similar level. Klay would be perfect on our team... Klay is an Allstar on most teams, where Bradley is maybe on some. There was an argument to be made about Klay vs Harden, and most people agreed Harden was slightly better, but Klay was a close second.

I would definitely get Klay over AB, but the only thing that I think Bradley has is clearly better defense on point guards, and speeds back more when he gets beat. And is a little more athletic in my eyes. I think Klay is able to do half of the dunks due to his height, and he's never been well known as a 'freak,' or jumping out of the building. Klay plays really smart fundamental defense, so he's decreased the amount of personal fouls in his career committed.

NBA CAREER HIGHLIGHTS:
•   Selected by Golden State in the first round (11th overall) of the 2011 NBA Draft as an early-entry candidate out of Washington State.
•   Named to the All-NBA Third Team in 2014-15, his first career All- NBA honor, joining Stephen Curry (First Team) to make the pair the first backcourt duo to both receive All-NBA honors since Seattle’s Gus Williams and Dennis Johnson both made the Second Team in 1979-80.
•   Earned First Team All-Rookie Honors in 2011-12.
•   Enters 2015-16 owning career averages of 17.5 points, 3.1 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 32.2 minutes in 306 games (269 starts) over four seasons with Golden State.
•   After only four seasons, already ranks second behind only Stephen Curry in Warriors annals with 784 three-pointers and ranks third in team history in three-point field goal percentage (.418).
•   Has appeared in 40 playoff games (all starts) with Golden State, averaging 17.2 points, 4.0 rebounds and 2.5 assists in 37.8 minutes and helping Golden State to the 2014-15 NBA championship.
•   In Warriors playoff history, ranks second in three-point field goals (98), sixth in three-point percentage (.394), seventh in field goals made (229), seventh in points (688), seventh in blocks (31) and 10th in steals (35).

Klay Thompson and Curry, could go down as the greatest back court in NBA history.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #108 on: November 06, 2016, 12:56:22 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Thompson having another terrible night as the Warriors are getting pounded by the Lakers.

I would love for Thompson to get disgruntled, and break the warriors chemistry. He would look great in green.  :-X

For real. I think it's pretty clear that he's the black sheep of that group, too.

Still, it's just hard imagining a scenario where he gets traded in the season, unless Bradley keeps up his ridiculous ways.
And even then I would never trade AB straight up for Klay..a one way streaky offensive player..heck AB is catchin up to him offensively.

I love AB, and I too, have been in the camp that has underrated him, but... Let's be completely honest... Klay is still offensively and defensively better or at least to an similar level. Klay would be perfect on our team... Klay is an Allstar on most teams, where Bradley is maybe on some. There was an argument to be made about Klay vs Harden, and most people agreed Harden was slightly better, but Klay was a close second.

I would definitely get Klay over AB, but the only thing that I think Bradley has is clearly better defense on point guards, and speeds back more when he gets beat. And is a little more athletic in my eyes. I think Klay is able to do half of the dunks due to his height, and he's never been well known as a 'freak,' or jumping out of the building. Klay plays really smart fundamental defense, so he's decreased the amount of personal fouls in his career committed.

NBA CAREER HIGHLIGHTS:
•   Selected by Golden State in the first round (11th overall) of the 2011 NBA Draft as an early-entry candidate out of Washington State.
•   Named to the All-NBA Third Team in 2014-15, his first career All- NBA honor, joining Stephen Curry (First Team) to make the pair the first backcourt duo to both receive All-NBA honors since Seattle’s Gus Williams and Dennis Johnson both made the Second Team in 1979-80.
•   Enters 2015-16 owning career averages of 17.5 points, 3.1 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 32.2 minutes in 306 games (269 starts) over four seasons with Golden State.
•   After only four seasons, already ranks second behind only Stephen Curry in Warriors annals with 784 three-pointers and ranks third in team history in three-point field goal percentage (.418).
•   Has appeared in 40 playoff games (all starts) with Golden State, averaging 17.2 points, 4.0 rebounds and 2.5 assists in 37.8 minutes and helping Golden State to the 2014-15 NBA championship.
•   In Warriors playoff history, ranks second in three-point field goals (98), sixth in three-point percentage (.394), seventh in field goals made (229), seventh in points (688), seventh in blocks (31) and 10th in steals (35).

Klay Thompson and Curry, could go down as the greatest back court in NBA history.

Woah, I think you're greatly overestimating Klay's defense a bit here. He's an above average defender, but he can't hold Bradley's jockstrap as a ball stopper or perimeter defender.

« Reply #109 on: November 06, 2016, 01:21:44 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

NBA CAREER HIGHLIGHTS:

Woah, I think you're greatly overestimating Klay's defense a bit here. He's an above average defender, but he can't hold Bradley's jockstrap as a ball stopper or perimeter defender.

I agree, but I think Klay is far more valuable than Bradley. Klay Thompson is one of the best shooters alive, and is already breaking records with now just reaching his prime... I think Bradley could someday be close enough to score some votes for DPOY, and that would be an absolute nice achievement. But... I don't know. I'm not convinced Bradley's shoulders are going to hold up as well, and I'm still hesitant on his passing, although its clearly shown improvement.

Klay Thompson is mainly a catch and shoot player, but hes evolved his game just like Avery Bradley.

Do you think Klay Thompson will have better numbers than Bradley with the Celtics?

« Reply #110 on: November 06, 2016, 03:56:50 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Nah..all that accolades and I still wont trade him for AB straight up. AB is on the cheap as well and will still be paid less than waht klay will be making after their contracts are up.

« Reply #111 on: November 06, 2016, 11:09:55 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Klay is going to look worse alongside durant and curry, or at least be seen as a lesser star. He is averaging 16 a game this year and that seems likely to be the range he stays in.

« Reply #112 on: November 06, 2016, 06:23:00 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
Klay is going to look worse alongside durant and curry, or at least be seen as a lesser star. He is averaging 16 a game this year and that seems likely to be the range he stays in.

Eh... I think you can build your team around Klay as long as you have the right personnel..

Could I say the same for Bradley? Probably not.

I think if Klay gets here, he can easily average 20+.

« Reply #113 on: November 06, 2016, 07:48:06 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Eh... I think you can build your team around Klay as long as you have the right personnel..

Could I say the same for Bradley? Probably not.

I think if Klay gets here, he can easily average 20+.
I don't really disagree with that. I just don't think the Warriors really need klay right now. If they could get a player like Bradley and a defensive minded center they would be a better team.