Author Topic: Friday Pre-Lottery Tiebreaker (Results: MEM 8, SAC 14, LAC 20, BOS 22)  (Read 13030 times)

Re: Friday Pre-Lottery Tiebreaker (Results: MEM 8, SAC 14, LAC 20, BOS 22)
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2019, 06:27:58 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Pretty disgusting results.

Not surprised though. I'd bet right now the league has a vested interest in devaluing our picks.

« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2019, 06:31:24 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Chances are Ainge is trading all of these picks anyway, so I wouldn't get too worked up about it.

I highly doubt he will be able to trade all of them for anything of quality given this draft.  My gut says draft night will remind us of 2015, where we kept hoping and waiting for some package deal to move up or out, but nothing occurred.

« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2019, 06:34:09 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Chances are Ainge is trading all of these picks anyway, so I wouldn't get too worked up about it.

I highly doubt he will be able to trade all of them for anything of quality given this draft.  My gut says draft night will remind us of 2015, where we kept hoping and waiting for some package deal to move up or out, but nothing occurred.

I'm assuming they'll be packaged along with one or two young guys to try to get an established player (e.g. Davis or perhaps Beal).

Even in the seemingly unlikely circumstance that the Celtics would be making picks at all of those spots, the range of the picks is such that I doubt the exact position of the pick is going to make all the difference.

Historically, it seems that picking at the end of the draft and the end of the 1st round has much more to do with spotting a diamond in the rough than it does with being a few spots higher.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2019, 06:40:46 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Not surprised though. I'd bet right now the league has a vested interest in devaluing our picks.

I pretty much expect to get hosed by the league most of the time

« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2019, 07:13:03 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

LOL. The picks have not been decided yet.

« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2019, 07:24:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Is this the same league that two years ago had the Celtics ping pong balls come out 6 straight times at number one before another team's ping pong ball came out?

I get a laugh at the conspiracy theorist when it comes to NBA lottery or coin flip results. These things are run by legal and accounting companies to purposely keep the results on the up and up.

The results that happened today we're just luck. Bad luck if you wanted 4 picks and better picks.

« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2019, 07:43:26 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I'm assuming they'll be packaged along with one or two young guys to try to get an established player (e.g. Davis or perhaps Beal).

Even in the seemingly unlikely circumstance that the Celtics would be making picks at all of those spots, the range of the picks is such that I doubt the exact position of the pick is going to make all the difference.

Historically, it seems that picking at the end of the draft and the end of the 1st round has much more to do with spotting a diamond in the rough than it does with being a few spots higher.

Yes, I understand your assumption, which is why I included the “or out” portion of “trade up or out”.  I just don’t think it happens.  It’s a pretty weak draft, and I don’t expect a blockbuster, since at this point such a trade would need to be centered around Tatum, and that’s not happening.  At best we trade one of our later 1sts for a top-10 protected pick in a couple of years.

I don’t doubt Ainge will try, but I’m not anticipating fireworks this summer.  We’re making most or all of these picks.

« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2019, 09:02:28 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Yes, I understand your assumption, which is why I included the “or out” portion of “trade up or out”.  I just don’t think it happens.  It’s a pretty weak draft, and I don’t expect a blockbuster, since at this point such a trade would need to be centered around Tatum, and that’s not happening.  At best we trade one of our later 1sts for a top-10 protected pick in a couple of years.

I don’t doubt Ainge will try, but I’m not anticipating fireworks this summer.  We’re making most or all of these picks.
I'd be stunned if we don't get Davis with all or most of these picks in the deal.  only reason I see it not happening is if Davis doesn't waive his trade kicker and adamantly states he will not resign in Boston

« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2019, 09:06:02 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

So I take it you don't believe the AD is happening? Is this bewcause you don't think we have the assets? Because you dobrev think DA will give up Tatum? Because kyrie will leave and DA will opt for a longer rebuild?

« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2019, 09:09:33 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

this  draft isn't bad at all

Its a little light on point guards and centers but other than that it's nice. Loads of great wing prospects

« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2019, 02:38:29 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Its a little light on point guards and centers but other than that it's nice. Loads of great wing prospects
^this. Just draft some propsects lol
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2019, 04:14:54 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Flukes happen, but 14, 20 and 22 should be fairly worthless.

I guess it's best for the Memphis pick not to convey... but two years from now who knows where they'll land.  We saw what happened once the Kings added a couple guys. 

« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2019, 05:44:11 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Just ones that aren’t French and round
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2019, 06:08:29 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527

Just ones that aren’t French and round
how about Big Baby Davis 2.0?

hoping for four project bigs with the picks, Timelord needs sidekicks

« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2019, 06:30:12 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

Is this the same league that two years ago had the Celtics ping pong balls come out 6 straight times at number one before another team's ping pong ball came out?

I get a laugh at the conspiracy theorist when it comes to NBA lottery or coin flip results. These things are run by legal and accounting companies to purposely keep the results on the up and up.

Think what you want. Accounting companies certainly aren't above corruption, and neither is the NBA. We've seen it many times with the "unbiased" officiating.

A friend of mine knows a guy who used to work pretty high up in the league office, it was a former player if I recall. He said the league was very corrupt and biased.  I believe him.