Author Topic: Laurence Maroney done for the year  (Read 3598 times)

Laurence Maroney done for the year
« on: October 20, 2008, 05:50:58 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
Well, his disapointing season is now over.

The Patriots have placed running back Laurence Maroney on season-ending injured reserve, according to an NFL source.

Maroney, now in his third season, missed Sunday's game against the Chargers with a shoulder injury. He also missed the team's Week 3 loss to the Dolphins with a shoulder injury.

Maroney totaled 28 carries for 93 yards this season. A first-round draft choice in 2006, he is signed through the 2010 season.

The Patriots have Sammy Morris, Kevin Faulk, LaMont Jordan, Heath Evans and BenJarvus Green-Ellis on the roster at running back.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/10/maroneys_season.html

Re: Laurence Maroney done for the year
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 05:54:49 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think his Patriots career is over.

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 05:57:07 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Wow. Considering that I was contemplating trying to trade for him a couple weeks ago (lowball offer), I'm glad I didn't.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 05:58:54 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
Wow. Considering that I was contemplating trying to trade for him a couple weeks ago (lowball offer), I'm glad I didn't.

Yea, I drafted him in my money league in the 8th or 9th round, felt like I got a steal.  Wasted pick.  at least I used a later round pick on him.

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 06:11:54 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Well, maybe my pickup of Sammy Morris will finally pay off.

You could tell that Mauroney hasn't been right, but even when healthy he has never really been all that good.  It's too bad, he's got the talent, it just hasn't all come together for him.  He probably IS done with the Pats, unfortunately, and without a good running game I don't see how the team has any chance of making the playoffs this year.

I have a *bad* feeling about tonight...   :(

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 07:16:17 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Man, he's turning into el busto.
Yup

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 07:19:25 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I'd rather have wasted a draft pick on him than wasted a hundred bucks on his jersey like I did  >:(.

I really thought he was going to be the real deal.  Running backs are such wild cards considering the punishment their bodies take.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 07:31:02 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen

I really thought he was going to be the real deal.  Running backs are such wild cards considering the punishment their bodies take.

He is so frustrating.  One play he looks like an all star, the next 5 he looks like a player way over his head.

you wait for the lightbulb to come on, and i wonder how much longer the Pats stick with him (obviously, with Chad Jackson they showed they arent going to be afraid to admit a mistake...)