Author Topic: WELCOME TO CELTICSSTRONG  (Read 46642 times)

Re: WELCOME TO CELTICSSTRONG
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2018, 06:53:14 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Hey byennie, is there a way to view the old topics from the forum? I can't seem to find the link for that. I can only see "Latest Forum Topics"

On the top left part of the page (under the old logo), you will see  little house, followed by 'Celticstrong' - if you click on that link, it will bring you to all the forum topics/subjects. Same as before  :D

Thanks! TP! I've always used the "Forums" link on the top banner back on old Celtics Blog to just regain access to the "home page" of Celtics Forum and take myself around. Learn something new every day!  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2018, 08:38:52 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Hey byennie, is there a way to view the old topics from the forum? I can't seem to find the link for that. I can only see "Latest Forum Topics"

On the top left part of the page (under the old logo), you will see a  little house, followed by 'Celticstrong' - if you click on that link, it will bring you to all the forum topics/subjects. Same as before  :D

Thanks! TP! I've always used the "Forums" link on the top banner back on old Celtics Blog to just regain access to the "home page" of Celtics Forum and take myself around. Learn something new every day!  ;D

Back at ya! All of these drastic changes are enough to make your head spin. I barely even recognize the place anymore! :P

« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2018, 09:43:58 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

On the top left part of the page (under the old logo), you will see  little house, followed by 'Celticstrong' - if you click on that link, it will bring you to all the forum topics/subjects. Same as before  :D

Do you have a menu on the right-hand side that has options for Home, Search, Profile, etc.?

Just click "Home" and that should take you to the main forums page.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #93 on: September 23, 2018, 01:27:02 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1227
Congrats and thanks to all those responsible for this new home!

« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2018, 01:46:19 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Officially on the other side now... man that word-less banner looks weird haha
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2018, 02:16:10 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Do you have a menu on the right-hand side that has options for Home, Search, Profile, etc.?

Just click "Home" and that should take you to the main forums page.

Yeah I see that! Omg, now there's two ways to take me back to the main forums page. Thanks Roy, tp! :)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2018, 08:46:32 PM »

Online byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
POST LAUNCH UPDATE

First of all, thank you to all our generous donors that have us currently sitting at $2842 raised for the forums. Your support has been amazing and has us even more excited about the future of the site.

Since Friday afternoon, the new domain is up and running on CelticsStrong.com. For the time being we have a redirect from CelticsBlog, but be sure to update your bookmarks when you have a chance, and spread the word about the new domain.

REWARDS

We have t-shirts! For any donation of $50 or greater to the new site, we're now offering a CelticsStrong.com t-shirt to say thanks.

Just forward your GoFundMe receipt(s) to tshirt@celticsstrong.com along with your size preference and we'll follow up when they are ready to ship!

https://celticsstrong.com/static/tshirt.png

« Reply #97 on: September 24, 2018, 12:06:12 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Really love this new version of the forums.

Just a quick note that there are some minor issues with logging in. The "stay logged in forever" option does not seem to work.

Also, I (and from what I read here and on FB, some other ppl too) had some trouble logging in despite using the correct password. I got over it by going to the Index and signing in from there- I'm as positive as possible that I had used the correct password in the unsuccessful log in attempts.

« Reply #98 on: September 24, 2018, 12:12:42 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'm as positive as possible that I had used the correct password in the unsuccessful log in attempts.

Were they told that they had the wrong password, or did they get a "timed out" error?

I've gotten the latter at a couple of points.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #99 on: September 24, 2018, 12:21:24 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I am having trouble with my avatar. I shrunk it to 75 x 75 pixels at the resize site. Then uploaded it to imgur.com and got a url. Have put it into the avatar area and checked get avatar from url but nothing happens. I have done it three separate times with no results. Any suggestions?

« Reply #100 on: September 24, 2018, 12:21:33 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I'm as positive as possible that I had used the correct password in the unsuccessful log in attempts.

Were they told that they had the wrong password, or did they get a "timed out" error?

I don't recall the exact phrasing unfortunately.

I was repeatedly asked to insert my password. Once I did, I was taken back to the same screen with the username inserted but the password part blanked out.

Speaking possible bugs, I just got this one after hitting "post". Nothing was actually posted.

« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2018, 12:29:05 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
I am having trouble with my avatar. I shrunk it to 75 x 75 pixels at the resize site. Then uploaded it to imgur.com and got a url. Have put it into the avatar area and checked get avatar from url but nothing happens. I have done it three separate times with no results. Any suggestions?

Shrink it a little more to 65x65.

I got that from LarBrd33, and it worked for me.

I don't think 65x65 is a hard rule.  Someone else is using an avatar that is 57x80... so you can play around with it, but that's what I know works.

Originally I was the guy with the 57x80 dimensions.  But what I did was a lot of trial and error.  Started with 65x65 per LarBrd's advice and that worked.  But my pic is more of a rectangle than a square so I didn't think it looked right, so I just kept adjusting from that 65x65 starting point to figure out what would work and what wouldn't.

Start with 65x65 though.

Of the people with working avatars I see in this thread:

bdm860: 57x80
Roy H.: 57x80
jambr380: 65x65
fairweatherfan: 45x65
LarBrd33: 65x65
JSD: 48x48
BitterJim: 65x65
jpotter33: 64x80
BringToughnessBack: 65x65
Redz: 57x80
positivitize: 60x53

Apparent witchcraft users:
greece666: 371x371
Chief: 472x640
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 01:01:54 PM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2018, 01:11:28 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

Definitely noticing different login issues from different sources (phone, tablet, computer etc...).  Though they all seem to work their own kinks out once I get in for the first time.
Yup

« Reply #103 on: September 24, 2018, 01:21:42 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Glad to be here, and glad that the post counts were saved!  It took me 10 years to get Page One (top 50 posters).   ;)

« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2018, 01:26:19 PM »

Online byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033

Definitely noticing different login issues from different sources (phone, tablet, computer etc...).  Though they all seem to work their own kinks out once I get in for the first time.

So far I've noticed that the small sidebar (where it says "Hello! Guest") was broken for login. It seemed to be hacked up a little differently than the rest of the site so I just killed it, since there are two other login links still on the page.

I think additionally sessions might be a little wonky if you were previously logged into the old site.

My best understanding atm, but please continue to mention if it's ongoing...