Author Topic: Celtics (1-0) vs Nuggets (0-0) Vegas SL Game 2 7/7/18  (Read 9267 times)

Re: Celtics (1-0) vs Nuggets (0-0) Vegas SL Game 2 7/7/18
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2018, 12:35:44 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
An almost unwatchable display of ineptitude on both teams part.  Yet, some of us do.

Nice to watch Bird playing so well.

I like Bird
Hopefully team can sign him to a cheap deal

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2018, 12:37:47 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Bird is an assassin. He's always been a highly efficient scorer. If this translates to nba games, sign him to a cheap long  term deal

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2018, 12:41:28 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I don't know what the hell Larranaga is thinking not playing Semi and Yabu more than 25 minutes. The rest of the roster not named Bird or Allen are no way in hell making the roster. We need to develop these guys faster so they can contribute more to the team.

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2018, 12:43:17 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
I don't know what the hell Larranaga is thinking not playing Semi and Yabu more than 25 minutes. The rest of the roster not named Bird or Allen are no way in hell making the roster. We need to develop these guys faster so they can contribute more to the team.
maybe it's punishment for being highly inefficient scrubs tonight ?

« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2018, 12:46:49 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald

Like the guys playing aside from Bird are any better. And who the hell cares about winning in a summer league game?

« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2018, 12:48:11 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Like the guys playing aside from Bird are any better. And who the hell cares about winning in a summer league game?
Larranaga and the coaches probably care lol

« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2018, 12:49:42 AM »

Offline BlastFromThePast

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 78

Bird did and it was nice to see.  He looked dejected as he walked off the floor as players and coaches did the traditional high (or low) five before doing the obligatory same thing with the other team. 

« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2018, 12:49:50 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald

If that was the case, they should have let Tatum tear up the summer league for these meaningless wins.

« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2018, 12:58:11 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

In fairness to everyone else on the team, it's pretty hard to do/show anything when the "point guard" never passes the ball. Where did they find this Pierria Henry guy, anyway? Was he doing the valet parking, or something? ::)

« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2018, 01:43:59 AM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
Bird looked good on offense, not bad on defense, but you really couldn't tell much with the way the rest of the team was playing. Other than Bird, though, this was a p--- poor excuse for a game.

« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2018, 02:11:28 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Did we need to see the interview with the Denver head coach?  Couldn't we have just listened while still being able to watch the game at full screen?

I have to say the Summer league announcers and tendency to go on about things other than the game is annoying...but easily forgiven...

split screen interview not so forgivable at all...   are they proud of the "technology"?

« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2018, 07:14:40 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Ojeleye still hauling bricks from three.

It's sad. He might not get much better.

true

« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2018, 08:14:31 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

If that was the case, they should have let Tatum tear up the summer league for these meaningless wins.
Larranaga actually stated they really do want to win these games, but I believe they want to give these guys a chance to show their skills even if not making the team.  I guess I'm OK with that for a couple of games, but that should be enough.

Get Williams back and play him, Yabu, Semi, Bird, Allen as much as possible.

« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2018, 11:41:23 AM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164
Some nice work by Henry last night to take advantage of an opportunity.

Excellent delivery off the dribble in transition at 7:45 of the first, with the left hand. 

Gets around his man, breaks down the defense at 3:45 of the first, makes the simple pass to Bird for the layup.

At 2:52 of the fourth, terrific footwork to beat his man and accelerate for the layup.

Good footspeed, moves the ball up quick. Looks like he can run an offense.

No turnovers.
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2018, 11:43:14 AM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
There's also an unspoken agreement that players will get at least some run when they join your summer league team. The players are there to show teams, both NBA and international, what they can do. For the NBA teams it's not really about development, it's more about seeing if there is anyone who they might want to invite to training camp.