Author Topic: Embiid is such fascinating representative for the NBA  (Read 628 times)

Embiid is such fascinating representative for the NBA
« on: January 19, 2018, 09:37:58 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22148550/joel-embiid-celebrates-all-star-nod-monster-effort-philadelphia-76ers-east-leading-boston-celtics

some quotes

First the funny ones

During a postgame interview with ESPN following Philadelphia's win, Embiid was asked whether he might finally have a chance of landing a date with pop star Rihanna now that he was a bona fide All-Star.

"She denied me back then; there's no reason to go back to her," Embiid said. "So I gotta move on to the next one. There's a lot of pretty women out there, and I'm beautiful, so I gotta move on to the next one."

Now the more serious student of the game type ones about the C's

"I've been struggling a little bit against that team, the two games that I've played against them. So tonight I really wanted to play better," Embiid said.

"I feel like we're right there with them," Embiid said. "I don't know what seed we're going to be, but that's a potential matchup in the playoffs, so we always want to come out and try to dominate. Let them know that it's not going to be easy."
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip