Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) vs Utah Jazz (0-0) Jazz SL Game 1 7/6/15  (Read 89443 times)

Re: Celtics (0-0) vs Utah Jazz (0-0) Jazz SL Game 1 7/6/15
« Reply #510 on: July 06, 2015, 11:11:23 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Come on, guys.  There's no need to insult each other.  Keep things civil and respectful.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #511 on: July 06, 2015, 11:11:27 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
Trying to argue the leading scorer and assist man in the game is having a bad game is high comedy at this point. hahaha
hes playing against mostly D league players. His shooting and inability to get separation at the rim has been terrible. Those two things cant be argued against.

KeepRondo =  the Debbie Downer of Marcus Smart comments ("observations")
I want him to be the next super star also but this game doesnt convince me he's gonna be. Just hoping to see him work on pulling up in the lane. These out of control drives are not working.

Dude, Smart had a monster game and had the most hustle out of anyone. Who would you rather have? Elfrid Payton?

« Reply #512 on: July 06, 2015, 11:12:01 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
Trying to argue the leading scorer and assist man in the game is having a bad game is high comedy at this point. hahaha

James Harden has his stat line, he's an MVP candidate. Marcus Smart has this stat line, he's out of control.  ::)

James Harden averages this stat line in the regular season. Smart put it up in Summer League where majority of these players are undrafted FA. I think your logic is a little flawed.   

« Reply #513 on: July 06, 2015, 11:12:13 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
hood > Young

Hunter could turn out to be a bust.  Not really quick, athletic.  Thin.  Low release.

oh boy
Hood is also almost 3 years older than Young. People need to take a chill pill.

What the hecks that have to do with anything?  Either you can play or you can't.  Doesn't matter what age you are.

Oh it matters a heck of a lot. There is an endless list of players that struggled in their teens who went on to be all-star level players in the NBA.

« Reply #514 on: July 06, 2015, 11:12:16 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Come on, guys.  There's no need to insult each other.  Keep things civil and respectful.

ok boss

« Reply #515 on: July 06, 2015, 11:12:39 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
hood > Young

Hunter could turn out to be a bust.  Not really quick, athletic.  Thin.  Low release.

oh boy

Rodney Hood: 22 years old

James Young: 19 years old
Rodney Hood, still on the board when Young selected. 

don't care what the age difference is.  in 3 years Young will be off his rookie deal.  who looks like they would be extended at this point - Hood or Young?

And most people LOVED the Young pick when it was made.

Lots of people will love the Young pick a year from now too. Lots of overreaction to the youngest guy on our roster who was matched up against a guy 3 years older than him. There is no substitute for experience.

You made good point about his age. TP! But right now he is bad. Really doesnt know how to play basketball. But he can tell by his body that he is a hard worker. Hopefully he will be coachable and learn.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 11:17:58 PM by Chief »
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #516 on: July 06, 2015, 11:12:42 PM »

Offline mloyko

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 18
The spacing during summer league games suck too. Whenever a player attacks the basket it's a free for all. I think Smart only shot 1-2 3's in the second half, everything else was going to the basket. He's the strongest player on the court. He should be attacking, drawing fouls on every possession.

« Reply #517 on: July 06, 2015, 11:12:42 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Smart took a number off ill advised shots but he attacked the rim well and drew fouls. If he can do that then he is going to be a good offensive player in this league.

Young looks like he can only hit wide open 3's. I know he is young but I was hoping to see a better feel for the game in terms of getting himself open.

Rozier flashed some speed and ability to get to the rim that will probably help in a couple years.

RJ Hunter did a good job getting in the passing lanes but the reason he is in the league is his shooting so if he doesn't make shots he isn't that useful.

Mickey looked really good. He was great in the pick and roll, rolling to the hoop hard for buckets and popping out for jumpers. He did get beasted by Cooley on the boards but he is young and should put on more weight as he gets older. He had a couple blocks but I didn't see the weakside instincts I was hoping for.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #518 on: July 06, 2015, 11:13:17 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
C's got man handled on the boards, typical no rebounding.

Exum (whom I wanted to draft) looked real good.

Smart was good, still took some bad shots, needs to stop that.

Everyone else has a lot of work to do.

We have no center on the roster. We are going to get manhandled and lose a lot of these summer league games because the only center we had left for Europe.

« Reply #519 on: July 06, 2015, 11:13:19 PM »

Offline DraftSmart33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Smart and Mickey had good games.  But still smart is mad inefficient

6 for 19 in SL or NBA is unacceptable

The only fair critique of Smart is his three point shot selection...but it's freekin' summer league.  Other than that he was a stud.

« Reply #520 on: July 06, 2015, 11:13:28 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Jordan Mickey, wow

why wow? I told you folks lol

Kid has 3 blocks today.  I was expecting more

I'm not seeing it, man. The offensive game has been a pleasant surprise, but he's been basically  overpowered the entire game in his defensive rebounding/positioning. Mostly by Cooley who isn't an NBA player.

cooley is a center that weighs 270 pounds.  Mickey is playing out of position

Cooley is 6-9 and listed at 246.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2488713/jack-cooley

Mickey is close to 240. Are you kidding me?   Cooley is at least 260 I'm guessing.  The measurements you listed is probably from 2 years ago or something

Ok, but he's still not a center, he's 6-9, and he's not an NBA caliber player. Are you telling me that Mickey is going to have trouble controlling boards against the Jack Cooley's of the world?

« Reply #521 on: July 06, 2015, 11:13:45 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Smart very agressive
Rozier can play, should only get better
Mickey played well, undersized, needs to bulk up
Hunter looked lost
JYoung cannot play D bulk or no bulk

« Reply #522 on: July 06, 2015, 11:13:49 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I love how everyone judges all these players based on one game ("Hood>Young" etc). It's a reasonable thing to do if you have never watched them play before-- but then again, in that case you probably shouldn't be judging at all, should you?

« Reply #523 on: July 06, 2015, 11:13:50 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
hood > Young

oh boy

What the hecks that have to do with anything?  Either you can play or you can't.  Doesn't matter what age you are.
Yes it does. That is an incredibly dumb comment. When Young was drafted, I think everyone agreed he was a project pick that had high potential. Just because he spent a year between the end of the C's bench and Maine, it doesn't mean the project is complete. It takes TIME for some players to develop. Not everyone is LeBron ready to come into the NBA at 18 and dominate.

« Reply #524 on: July 06, 2015, 11:14:07 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
hood > Young

oh boy

It does actually. Not everyone is Lebron coming out of high school.