Author Topic: Celtics (34-25) at Nets (22-39) 4/14  (Read 53123 times)

Re: Celtics (34-25) at Nets (22-39) 4/14
« Reply #135 on: April 14, 2012, 08:57:32 PM »

Offline repole

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
Gerald Green's time in Boston has come and gone. Let's leave it at that.

his best year prior to this year was with the Celtics. I wouldn't mind bringing him back on reasonable contract.

The Celtics are entirely lacking of scoring off the bench, no reason why giving Green a shot in that role wouldn't make sense for the Celtics, it's worked wonders for the Nets.

His on ball defense at this point is actually pretty good, his issues tend to be over helping off the ball and giving up too many open jumpers. That's a pretty easily correctable problem. His energy and focus on that end aren't in any way comparable to the Gerald Celtics fans are used to seeing.

« Reply #136 on: April 14, 2012, 08:58:17 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
look at bradley..they guy most hated....played him..and look at him now....sooo..play JJJ.....and play him even if he messes up a little...then pass to him..play him with rondo and kg..not scrub time...you'll see..!
has played JJJ....he sucks and isnt ready to play in the league yet.
Well, maybe not you..but that is what 80% here said about bradley and steamer......

Bradley wasn't ready to play in the league last year, and Steamer's been pretty solid ever since he's been here.
Bradley started off the same..it wasn't until doc played him more and more that he turned the corner....his D was the same as last year......he just finally got game confidence....i always liked brad's game, and loved the steamer...!

maybe we can talk after jjj plays overseas and in the d-league, then. That was a big part of Stiemer and LAb's development.
Well..there isn't much we can do about this..because he doesn't play..and hasn't.....so no one has enough data points to add up to a fair decision.....still, i think for team safety, we should have either hollis or jjj played in...as a "ready" backup...we onlt have kg and steam in that catagory now for a BIG playoff run....that isn't enough in my book. Especialyy when they are already HERE..!!!

In the games hes played, hes sucked, thats why Doc no longer plays him. That combined with the fact that he shortened the roation to his playoff rotation means that the only guys that get any minutes will be players that he trusts in the playoffs.
Well, opinion....not fact...rookies usually always "suck" till the team accepts them, they get confidence from the team AND coach....then they turn the corner...his shooting is his key in.....think about the idea of only 2 playing 7 footers....steam gets a lot of fouls....not really his fault...but.....shortening the roster is when you can....and not having any back up is just dumb.

What do you mean by having no Back-up? We have Steamer and Hollins as our two backup bigs.

It seems that you just really like JJJ and want him to play and I can understand that, but if you were Doc and your team was old and competing for its last title, would you say "hey, instead of playing the normal roation, im gonna play JJJ and we might lose the game but its good for his experience?"

Id rather just play proven guys and develop JJJ in the future.
Well, no i am not thinking that way...but then where is the hollis playing time....in prime time with the starters and in this, and these 6 games in 7 days stuff.....this type of sked is sorta "sucker bets" type....overplay your stars till the injury point..like bass the other night....do you play...have you ever played full on 3 nights in a row for 2 or so hours.....and then flying....traqvelling....? So, when will hollis be in there...?

« Reply #137 on: April 14, 2012, 08:59:51 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
for the green thing....who says nj is letting him go..and what about our own green...jeff..was that his name..is our green a forward and the other a guard..?

« Reply #138 on: April 14, 2012, 09:01:25 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
humphraies-kardashion.....i feel bad for that guy....

« Reply #139 on: April 14, 2012, 09:01:50 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
for the green thing....who says nj is letting him go..and what about our own green...jeff..was that his name..is our green a forward and the other a guard..?

Healthy Jeff over Gerald any day.

« Reply #140 on: April 14, 2012, 09:01:57 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
oh i would play hollis also....we'll be needing him vs the lakers and orlando..or any big center team...fouls....( injuries) never know......

injuries like breaking Wade's face in.
hahahhaah, NOW you're talking....I'd love to see someone do that...i hate wade.....he seems to have lost the ref's love..and because of that his magic cape too.....miami is really not great without major REF support..! Making them PITIFUL...!

I haven't forgotten when he jiu jitsu'd Rondo
Ya, me neither..then the 2nd game back rondo had that bangage on his face too...sorta like metta world hacker did also...i don't forget things like that....wade is just reduced to hacking those he cannot cover.....only scrubs hack....

Metta is main reason Celtics didn't win in 2010. He got away with murder in that series.

« Reply #141 on: April 14, 2012, 09:02:05 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
that wasn't over the back..that was straight up rebounding..!

« Reply #142 on: April 14, 2012, 09:03:57 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Avery is da man.

« Reply #143 on: April 14, 2012, 09:04:12 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
LOL at Deshawn Stevenson crossin Rajon Rondo are we in the twighlight zone or sumthin?

« Reply #144 on: April 14, 2012, 09:04:37 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Bradley's J is sweet. His form and release excellent. Who knows if he ever extends his range out but he can be Rip Hamilton deadly from inside 20 feet.

« Reply #145 on: April 14, 2012, 09:04:49 PM »

Offline Senninsage

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 112
Okay, we are in good shape. We just need to keep it up. Do not allow this team back in the game. Keep stretching this lead, and don't pull any "I'm going to rest my guys" bs, Doc. We need this [dang] game. This team, regardless of rest, needs to see themselves winning these games heading towards the playoffs. Keep their confidence up. They don't want to get deflated or have situations where they start doubting themselves heading into the all important playoffs.

« Reply #146 on: April 14, 2012, 09:04:52 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
Nice start to the second half. Rondo is now playing some good defense on DWill.

I agree with Donny Marshall, Stevenson is way out of shape.

« Reply #147 on: April 14, 2012, 09:04:59 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
oh i would play hollis also....we'll be needing him vs the lakers and orlando..or any big center team...fouls....( injuries) never know......

injuries like breaking Wade's face in.
hahahhaah, NOW you're talking....I'd love to see someone do that...i hate wade.....he seems to have lost the ref's love..and because of that his magic cape too.....miami is really not great without major REF support..! Making them PITIFUL...!

I haven't forgotten when he jiu jitsu'd Rondo
Ya, me neither..then the 2nd game back rondo had that bangage on his face too...sorta like metta world hacker did also...i don't forget things like that....wade is just reduced to hacking those he cannot cover.....only scrubs hack....

Metta is main reason Celtics didn't win in 2010. He got away with murder in that series.
OH...you gonna get me boiling...you are right..and i HATE that memory......i would have sent a hatchet man at kobe, and let the league eat it....metta took ray and rondo, kobe took perk.....= major crime-in-prime-time....i mean..it was all recorded...to be seen for 1 or 2 days..till someone....got it off the air.....i know that move kobe did..old one....i know it toooo well..learned the hard way when i was a younger, powerfull rebounder....you learn to look up, then down, then LAND..!

« Reply #148 on: April 14, 2012, 09:06:31 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
Rondo...

« Reply #149 on: April 14, 2012, 09:06:45 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Hollins is an awful basketball player, he's just bad.

He won't get into games except for foul trouble even in the regular season. Doc's given him some burn and each time his rotations are awful and he hasn't rebounded. The only thing he's done is run the floor and dunk when thrown the ball.